TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Great reviews Due and Hart....I really like reading your experiences with these wedges.

Great reviews Due and Hart....I really like reading your experiences with these wedges.

Thanks hanks, that's always great to hear. I'm digging this wedge more and more by the day.

I just got back from Edwin Watts and found a 52 and 58 that I got for $150 out the door used. Great deal! can't wait to game these tomorrow!

I just got back from Edwin Watts and found a 52 and 58 that I got for $150 out the door used. Great deal! can't wait to game these tomorrow!

WOW that's a steal! Looking forward to your thoughts once you have some bonding time.

IHWT -- Buddy you are just a flat out wizard with the ATV! I love watching you demo how well this club works for the skilled golfers. Just because it has a big butt doesn't mean it can't make a ball dance.

Thank you, sir! I tend to like big butts, and I am liking the one on the ATV more and more...we are really getting along well at this point, and I love it. I have way too much confidence with these wedges at the moment, but I'll never complain about that.

Thanks, Hanks...'preciate it man. Like duey said, I am liking this club more and more everday (and I really liked it from day 1).

Wow, that's amazing, if you don't like them I'll buy the 52 hahah. I hope you love them as much as I do, the 52,58 is my usual wedge set up but the luck I've had with the 56 ATV has kept me using the 56 as my only sand wedge

I'm loving this wedges. You can tell I haven't had any short game practice in about 10 days but I still hit some awesome shots and just keep building confidence to hit those aggressive wedge shots that lead to better scoring. I really love my 50 / 56 combo I have going on right now as well. Opened up the 56* today and hit a great shot to 18", I have never done that with a wedge before.

Keep up the good work guys, it's inspiring.

Man great update testers! IHWT I loved that how to video dude, just great. I will be ordering a 56* not this week but next friday:banana:

Man great update testers! IHWT I loved that how to video dude, just great. I will be ordering a 56* not this week but next friday:banana:

Welcome to the fun buddy :clapp:. You are going to be hitting some shots out of some muck that will make ya momma proud !

Thanks I'll let you know if the 52 doesn't work out. Headed to the range tonight and playing 18 in the morning. First time out with the ATV's and the new RBZ irons. I have a feeling figuring out distances will be a challenge.

Good stuff right there, welcome to the family!

Thanks, mayne! I'm looking forward to getting into the other shots...I feel like people might have more questions about those ones.

Welcome to the ATV cult my friend.

Welcome to the fun buddy :clapp:. You are going to be hitting some shots out of some muck that will make ya momma proud !
Not just yet bud, still have another week before I can order it lol. The wait is going to suck though haha.
Thanks, mayne! I'm looking forward to getting into the other shots...I feel like people might have more questions about those ones.

Welcome to the ATV cult my friend.
It is the only cult I will be proud to be a part of:act-up:. Really though the reviews in here is what made me make up my mind, it was between the ATV, 588, or Cally Forged but I love the concept of the ATV and well Taylormade clubs just always work for me for some reason.

Thanks I'll let you know if the 52 doesn't work out. Headed to the range tonight and playing 18 in the morning. First time out with the ATV's and the new RBZ irons. I have a feeling figuring out distances will be a challenge.

Sounds like fun, I am also a mid handicapper like yourself and I have seen a tremendous improvement in my game with the ATV wedge as well as the Burner 2.0 irons. I know that Taylormade makes some pretty good stuff, I kind of like them

Not just yet bud, still have another week before I can order it lol. The wait is going to suck though haha.

It is the only cult I will be proud to be a part of:act-up:. Really though the reviews in here is what made me make up my mind, it was between the ATV, 588, or Cally Forged but I love the concept of the ATV and well Taylormade clubs just always work for me for some reason.

If it's any consolation, I also love the Cally Forged wedges...but these, IMO, are on another level. Both great wedges, these just stand a bit above them.

Since I'm testing the Boccieri Secret Grips I posted my initial thoughts on them over in that thread. So why am I telling you guys that over here--because I put them on my 50 and 56 degree ATVs. I don't want to repeat everything in-depth here that I said over there, but it's worth reading as I really, really liked the combo of those grips with the ATVs. I was already liking the ATV wedges before. The backweighted grip seemed to really help me to hinge properly and to lead down and through with the grip end of the club. I tried short siding myself and also leaving myself short wedges with lots of green so I could alternate between the 56 and the 50 degree wedge. I saw very consistent, great results. I loved the no taper grip and the extra 1" of grip length as I was really able to get down and close to those touch shots.

Since I'm testing the Boccieri Secret Grips I posted my initial thoughts on them over in that thread. So why am I telling you guys that over here--because I put them on my 50 and 56 degree ATVs. I don't want to repeat everything in-depth here that I said over there, but it's worth reading as I really, really liked the combo of those grips with the ATVs. I was already liking the ATV wedges before. The backweighted grip seemed to really help me to hinge properly and to lead down and through with the grip end of the club. I tried short siding myself and also leaving myself short wedges with lots of green so I could alternate between the 56 and the 50 degree wedge. I saw very consistent, great results. I loved the no taper grip and the extra 1" of grip length as I was really able to get down and close to those touch shots.

Very interesting and thanks for the info. I noticed some guys in your testing thread having problems with pushing their shots to the right? Has you shot shape changed with the ATV at all?

That's interesting about the Secret grips, I like the whole weight thing, I would love to hear more about the ATV/secret grip combo because it will take a lot to make me switch from the stock grip-it's really great.

Early in my range session, my full wedges were drifting right on me by 5-10 yards. That may have been because I wasn't loose. By the end of the full shot range session, the wedges were going straight at the target. Height on full shots was not noticeably different. On partial shots, the shots actually seemed to go straighter as my tendency on half wedges is to leave them a little right. Height on the 40-50 yard wedges did seem a bit higher but we shall see when I play a real round of golf with these.

Thanks for posting, haggis. Before the forum outage and the loss of posts in that thread, COLT and I discussed this very same combo (wedge + Secret Grip) in the testing thread. I was very intrigued by the thought...glad it is working out for you, I may have to get it a shot for myself.

That's interesting about the Secret grips, I like the whole weight thing, I would love to hear more about the ATV/secret grip combo because it will take a lot to make me switch from the stock grip-it's really great.

I liked the stock grip as well. The secret grip is the same length as the stock grip. The secret grip is actually an improvement I think as it has less/no taper than the stock grip so that gripping down on these felt great. I put them on with the logo up so that I can use that the same as I was the dots for IHWT's 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock lesson.

Thanks for sharing that in here Haggis, that is an interesting combo there with the secret grips and the ATV. Im pretty curious to see how that one goes.

I had another good round with the ATV yet again today. I need to get a few things in order before putting up the review either later or tomorrow morning but Im still very impressed with this wedge.

Thanks for sharing that in here Haggis, that is an interesting combo there with the secret grips and the ATV. Im pretty curious to see how that one goes.

I had another good round with the ATV yet again today. I need to get a few things in order before putting up the review either later or tomorrow morning but Im still very impressed with this wedge.
Looking forward to a update Kmac! I have a 56* with KBS Hi REV being held for me:bananadance: I have that shaft in my xFT wedge and LOVE it so I thought it was a no brain'er going with that over the stock KBS Tour shaft.

Looking forward to a update Kmac! I have a 56* with KBS Hi REV being held for me:bananadance: I have that shaft in my xFT wedge and LOVE it so I thought it was a no brain'er going with that over the stock KBS Tour shaft.

I bet that is a killer combo too. Im really liking the KBS Tour so I can imagine the Hi REV is just as good. Probably not better though. haha

Yeaaah, buddy. Good stuff, glad things are coming together. Have you continued working on the holding of the lag with chips/pitches? If so, how is that working out?

Looking forward to a update Kmac! I have a 56* with KBS Hi REV being held for me
bananadance.gif
I have that shaft in my xFT wedge and LOVE it so I thought it was a no brain'er going with that over the stock KBS Tour shaft.

I am getting the HiRev in my 62°, which I will likely be ordering within a week as well. If you get yours sooner, please please please get some thoughts up in here so I can hear a little something about it. I'm excited to try the shaft, if it's half as good as it is in my mind...it'll be all world.

Back