Denver area "Spring Fling" April 27 *RESCHEDULED* May 4th

This looks like a great time, wish I could join you all, but not looking possible. Have a great time over there!

This looks like a great time, wish I could join you all, but not looking possible. Have a great time over there!

2 words for you:

ROAD TRIP!!!

Rescheduled!!

Rescheduled!!

This has been rescheduled to May 4th. The first post has been updated but I cant change the title. J4U sent everyone a pm asking if anyone objected to the change. Since all the responses were positive I made the change with the course today. This is due to a mistake I made with my schedule.

I appreciate everyones understanding and I will contact everyone this week to reconfirm.

Not to highjack your thread, but you all see like a great bunch of guys. I was looking for any suggestions on courses or looking to hook up with some of you to play in Colorado Springs in June. My wife's friend is getting married AT Flying Horse Country Club, and based on there website, that looks like a nice track! Are any of you guys members there, or have connections to one that is? I don't know if I could call and be all..."Hey my buddy is getting married there this weekend, can I jump on as a single?" You think that would work?
OR do any of you guys know a course just as good near by that would be worth my/our while?

Wish I could make it out there for your outing, but my May is already booked up, but June I'll be out there from the 6th (travel day/6 hour drive) thru the 9th (back home day). So my Best day would be Friday the 7th or Saturday morning the 8th, before the wedding.

Let me know! or PM me

James

Not to highjack your thread, but you all see like a great bunch of guys. I was looking for any suggestions on courses or looking to hook up with some of you to play in Colorado Springs in June. My wife's friend is getting married AT Flying Horse Country Club, and based on there website, that looks like a nice track! Are any of you guys members there, or have connections to one that is? I don't know if I could call and be all..."Hey my buddy is getting married there this weekend, can I jump on as a single?" You think that would work?
OR do any of you guys know a course just as good near by that would be worth my/our while?

Wish I could make it out there for your outing, but my May is already booked up, but June I'll be out there from the 6th (travel day/6 hour drive) thru the 9th (back home day). So my Best day would be Friday the 7th or Saturday morning the 8th, before the wedding.

Let me know! or PM me

James

Flying Horse is pretty nice. It's located at the north end of Co Springs and is only about 30 minutes from "south Denver" - Parker, Castle Rock... If you have any military connections, the Air Force Academy courses are great and very close to Flying House. There are other courses relatively close by such as Kings Deer which you may like. Colorado Springs has 2 "city" courses - Patty Jewett and Valley Hi. PJ is one of the oldest courses this side of the Mississippi - been around since 1919. PJ has 27 holes, VH has 18. Both are pretty good courses as well and they're inexpensive ($28 for 18 holes). I'd join you but I'm currently on the injured list... :(

Flying Horse is pretty nice. It's located at the north end of Co Springs and is only about 30 minutes from "south Denver" - Parker, Castle Rock... If you have any military connections, the Air Force Academy courses are great and very close to Flying House. There are other courses relatively close by such as Kings Deer which you may like. Colorado Springs has 2 "city" courses - Patty Jewett and Valley Hi. PJ is one of the oldest courses this side of the Mississippi - been around since 1919. PJ has 27 holes, VH has 18. Both are pretty good courses as well and they're inexpensive ($28 for 18 holes). I'd join you but I'm currently on the injured list... :(

Thanks Bags!
I don't really have any connections in the AF anymore....did for a while, but that's past now (long story). I'll have to look up the other courses you mentioned to see if they "fit my eye" more than Flying Horse. I've never played golf in CO before, and very little in higher elevations, but I'm looking foward to seeing my ball fly farther than it does here in flats of Kansas. According to a fast search it looks like there is a 20,000 foot elevation change from my house to Flying Horse....so that should be fun! Joking of course, honestly it's more like 1800 to 6700 ft change...but still. lol
Sorry to hear your on the injured list, but maybe by the time June rolls around you'll be off the DL?
Anyone else have some idea's/course in mind, or would be up to playing a round with a "kid from Kansas"?

James

Last edited:
Well, about 35 minutes North of the springs in Castle Rock you have The Ridge at Castle Pines and Red Hawk ridge, both great courses. Just south of the Spings on Pikes Peak in Woodland Park is Shining Mountain. Entire course weaves up and down the side of the mountain. I'll have to look at my Mens Club schedule but I could probably meet you for a round Saturday Morning

Well, about 35 minutes North of the springs in Castle Rock you have The Ridge at Castle Pines and Red Hawk ridge, both great courses. Just south of the Spings on Pikes Peak in Woodland Park is Shining Mountain. Entire course weaves up and down the side of the mountain. I'll have to look at my Mens Club schedule but I could probably meet you for a round Saturday Morning

As Ron mentioned, those two courses are really fun to play, haven't played anything in the Springs area though. Plumb Creek is also a fun track. If it works with the schedule, I would be up for joining in on a round as well.

As Ron mentioned, those two courses are really fun to play, haven't played anything in the Springs area though. Plumb Creek is also a fun track. If it works with the schedule, I would be up for joining in on a round as well.

That would be great guys...I'll have to double check the timing of the wedding (of course) to make sure that Saturday morning works, but as long as it does I'm up to just about anywhere. Red Hawk seems more like my price range, though Castle Pines looks amazing! I was doing some research and found The Golf Club at Bear Dance in Larkspur. It's a little pricey too...but after 2pm it's comes down to $85 with cart, range and GPS. If that would help if I meet you guys closer to Denver. BUT...I'm up for anything really.

James

First post updated with info on contests.

I'll be contacting each of you this coming weekend to reconfirm attendance.

Going to be a fun time.

Someone will take this sweet :yes: "Ann" putter home.

1366925012098.jpg

Putting contest will be held prior to the first tee time.

Not going to be able to make this one. The 4th is the 2 man best ball tournament and I can't leave my partner hanging

Think the snow will be gone and course open by Saturday? Looks like you guys up north are going to get some good accumulation.

Think the snow will be gone and course open by Saturday? Looks like you guys up north are going to get some good accumulation.

It should be melted by Saturday. This weekly cycle of snow has got to end soon!

Not going to be able to make this one. The 4th is the 2 man best ball tournament and I can't leave my partner hanging
Sorry to here that Ron...but wouldn't you be using his ball anyway? JK, have fun and win.

The course will be open, this wet snow melts pretty darn quick. Dart throwers better be wrong...

EvOLtE TaPpEd

Thinkin & considering !!

tap'n from my big as Note2

Looking forward to Saturday.

What time does it start?

Is there a dress code? ..going to be cool. denim ok?

Is there a dress code? ..going to be cool. denim ok?

This is all the website says on the dress code: "Our dress code requests proper golf attire with collared shirts preferred."

Called. .they prefer no denim. Weather factors in.
Over 50% on coming...I'll have a yea or nae tomorrow eve.

Called. .they prefer no denim. Weather factors in.
Over 50% on coming...I'll have a yea or nae tomorrow eve.

It would be great if you can come. We have room for 3 more players as I had to tell the course last night that we would be just 3 groups playing. 5 prizes with 9 or 10 golfers means decent odds of walking away with some goodies.

TEE TIMES ARE POSTED ON FIRST POST

Hope the snow melts and everyone has a great time!!!

Back