What namebrand clubs have the most offset?

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
What namebrand clubs have the most offset?

IMO it would be

Driver = Cobra Amp offset
Fwoods = not sure
Hybrids = original Cleveland mashie
Irons = not sure

What do you think?

these days as far as driver is concerned, any of them who offers adjustable driver :)
to me callaway is probably the most offsets in hybrid and irons (in general, since you can get their tour model and x forged)

Hybrids and irons= Razr XF's for me. Especially the hybrids

Ping irons always seemed like the most offset to me.

Ping irons always seemed like the most offset to me.

Agree to a point. My K15's have about the max amount but the new G25's have much less than past G line clubs. Offset is my friend. Never been straighter than I am with my current clubs. Offset is good.

these days as far as driver is concerned, any of them who offers adjustable driver :)
to me callaway is probably the most offsets in hybrid and irons (in general, since you can get their tour model and x forged)

Offset is totally different than adjustability. You can adjust the clubface but not the amount of offset.
Maybe that is next somehow, listen up manufacturers. :p

Offset is totally different than adjustability. You can adjust the clubface but not the amount of offset.
Maybe that is next somehow, listen up manufacturers. :p
correct.. my brain was a little off to another planet.. but yes, listen up manu... :)

The new Xhot hybrid looks to me that it has lots of offset to me

The first clubs that came to mind were the Cleveland VAS 792, from back in the day...
vas_792_med_zps0ac892dc.jpg

Pings look to have a lot of offset

I assume that you're referring to something recent, and not something form the 90's.

Driver: Cobra AMP Offset
FW: Do they make a Cobra AMP Offset FW?
Hybrids: PING G15 or G20
Irons: Callaway Razr XF's

For offset in irons, Id have to go with Ping.

I assume that you're referring to something recent, and not something form the 90's.

Driver: Cobra AMP Offset
FW: Do they make a Cobra AMP Offset FW?
Hybrids: PING G15 or G20
Irons: Callaway Razr XF's

On the nose for me.

I've decided that offset is my friend as well. I'm currently retooling my bag to try and build more in.

I'd agree that the Amp Offset seems to be the driver with the most offset in the last few years. I've seen some older ones with far more.

The original Mashie hybrids had a lot of offset. I've never put them next to the XF hybrids. I briefly had two of those and shouldn't have sold them. I have never hit a hybrid straighter than those. They just wanted to do one thing -- go high and straight.

For irons, Ping has a lot of offset. It is visibly more than Callaway, which has a generous amount.

I'm really curious about the fairway wood. I'm looking to find the 3W from the last couple of years with the most offset built in. I love my current FWs, but they pretty much have zero, and are dead neutral at setup (so not closed to compensate). I've found since making the move to clubs with more offset elsewhere in my bag, that these aren't nearly as straight as they once were.

If anyone zeros in on the fairway wood from recently with the most offset (or a list of them), I'd like to know. I'm kind of thinking it might be the S3 Max because I don't think Cobra did the Amp/Cell fairway in an offset model.

I almost started this exact same thread recently just aimed at fairways. This is quite timely as the season spins up.

Last edited:
I was hoping they made an Amp offset 3 wood.
It might not have the most offset but I have seen great praise for the mashie F5.
It's a great club and can be found for $50.

It seems like the Mashie fairway and S3 Offset are the leading candidates. Unfortunately the S3 Offset comes in 17 degrees and I am not sure that would play significantly longer than my 18 degree hybrid. I'm not sure It would really make a big enough gap to make it worthwhile.

Any other ideas other than chasing a lower lofted hybrid with offset? It almost feels like it is F3 or bust.

Back