Tiger Woods Already Tied Sam Snead?

robn311

Reaction score
I remember talk of this during the weeks of both of Tiger's last two wins. The argument works with me, but I don't particularly care about that record (nor does Tiger if you believe him). All about the Majors record. Which for the record I think he'll have within 5 years, probably within 3.

He still is a pathetic excuse for a person, no matter how great a player he is, I could never root for him, and no Nike "winning does not cure everything"

In before this turns into a Tiger is the devil thread. Oh wait....

In my opinion the official count is the official count. The tour has changed over the years, and who's to say it won't continue to.

I don't think # of wins is a big deal to anyone at this point, it's all about the majors.

To me that is quite the stretch given how much tournament golf has changed through the years. You also have to remember the Slammer had several wins removed years after they had been declared and counted as official, not sure of all the details but I think politics played into a lot of the "official record" for Sam. I am not one to compare one great to another given just how different professional golf is in the various eras, I would rather just have each super star recognized as great talent in their given era. My problem with a lot of it is what some of greats had to do make a living in the early years of the century, their priority wasn't always tournament golf as they had to do other "golf events" to survive and some actually worked at their club where they were employed while others were a only the club pro by title. Like all modern sports money has changed so much in the modern competitive arena there is no way to really compare those at the top at various times through out history. I am old enough to remember when it was a major milestone in a pros career to reach a $!,000,000 for their entire career, now they win it in one tournament, that just makes too much of a difference in my mind to make meaningful comparisons between eras.

Interesting read but I think the tally should stand as it is. Either way I think Tiger smashes it.

Sneads number is irrevelant in the end as I am sure Tiger will sail right past that number and establish the new number to beat very soon.

Must be a slow news day.

Back