Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

I played the same Hex Black ball for 18 holes around True Blue today and there is barely a mark on it! These ball flat out perform and the durability is phenominal!

I plan to order a couple of dozen more while they are on sale

I have played the Chrome a few times and just dont love it. I am thinking about give the Black a shot though...

me thinks you quoted something from another thread?

Wow. That's really strange. I didn't even look at the quote when it came up in Tapatalk, but somehow it pulled something from a completely different thread...

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Just ordered 2 dozen from golftown

hope to see how well they work

I played the same Hex Black ball for 18 holes around True Blue today and there is barely a mark on it! These ball flat out perform and the durability is phenominal!

I plan to order a couple of dozen more while they are on sale

Same here man. I played the same balls until about hole 14 yesterday on Caledonia where I hooked it I to the water off the tee but until then nary able blemish to be found. Definitely one of the most durable tour balls I've ever played

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I have played the Chrome a few times and just dont love it. I am thinking about give the Black a shot though...

Give em a try, I think you will like them, plus the price is right right now!

Got 2 dz at dicks. Had a $10 off $50 and used that so I paid $44.60 plus tax for 2

Same here man. I played the same balls until about hole 14 yesterday on Caledonia where I hooked it I to the water off the tee but until then nary able blemish to be found. Definitely one of the most durable tour balls I've ever played

Did you guys get the markings on the crests of the hexagons and they washed off or are you saying no markings at all?

I've played one for 18 holes with very little markings on it. Maybe a small blemish from hitting a cart path or tree. I get very little , if any , marks off the clubface.

I've been playing the blacks for a while, and for me, distance is pretty good. Iron shots sound great and bite on the greens that I play on. Putts sound slightly click-ish, a lot less than the Callaway i series from last year though, which is a huge plus. I'm not quite sure it's a very durable ball though. Those hex outlines are pretty common. Every black I've played has those after as few as 9 holes. Outside of those though, there is no major scarring or huge cuts.

Did you guys get the markings on the crests of the hexagons and they washed off or are you saying no markings at all?

I always get those markings on the crests. I don't think it's a big deal.

No markings at all for me

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Ordered 2dozen HEX Blacks today.

I played 18 today, intermittently switching between the 330RX yellow and the Black. Unfortunately my iron play was horrible (at least by my standards) so a lot of the expected feedback from a round is null and void. I was able to confirm my prior impression that the Bridgestone is more durable. My swing was off enough that it is hard to draw firm conclusions about distance. I think the Black was a touch longer today off the driver but a bigger sample size is needed. I will say though that the Black feels way better off the driver.

I had 3 unopened boxes of Callaway Tour i(s) balls. My local golf retailer did an even trade with me on 3 boxes of Hex Blacks! With the 2 dozen I bought yesterday, that's 5 dozen for $60 after taxes and trades!​

I had 3 unopened boxes of Callaway Tour i(s) balls. My local golf retailer did an even trade with me on 3 boxes of Hex Blacks! With the 2 dozen I bought yesterday, that's 5 dozen for $60 after taxes and trades!​

Wow that's really cool!

I currently play the Penta TP5 and the Tour iZ on and off, but I bought a dozen of the Hex Black, If the ball performs the way I want it to, It will be my main ball and I will pick up another dozen. I don't want to pay 45 for the TP5 and buying the black for 27.3 at the moment is really great

Wow that's really cool!

I currently play the Penta TP5 and the Tour iZ on and off, but I bought a dozen of the Hex Black, If the ball performs the way I want it to, It will be my main ball and I will pick up another dozen. I don't want to pay 45 for the TP5 and buying the black for 27.3 at the moment is really great

The hex black should blow the tour iz away

I will be ordering a coulple dozen either tomorrow or monday. Can not pass this deal up especially since this is my #1 ball of choice!

The sale is over at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning, thus the 273 hours sale.

The sale is over at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning, thus the 273 hours sale.
Look a couple post up DD:act-up: Already got my couple dozen ordered.

As to durablilty. I am a hard swinger. Par 3, 157 yards, 9iron. Completely skulled one, line drive about 6 feet off the ground, finished about 5 yards short of the green....not a mark on the ball./

The hex black should blow the tour iz away

That's what I'm expecting to see. Callaway makes some of the best stuff I've used. The only reason I went with Taylormade, is because I couldn't get a better deal on anything else since the go to guy here in town is a TMaG dealer-I've been using Callaway balls since the Tour ix came out and I loved that ball but it lacked some greenside spin, then the tour iZ impressed me

I am expecting the Hex Black to be the best ball I've ever played since I've always picked the Callaway Tour series over the Prov1x,

sorry titleist, Callaway is beating you at the moment. . .in my opinion

I officially want to live in the south where there is bermuda grass. I thought the Blacks spun great already before I even came south. Holy crap, talk about stopping on a dime, I think on just about every chip I hit on the course and range this weekend just landed and checked up. So easy to pick a spot to land and feel confident that the ball is going to perform the same for me every time. This ball is great off the tee and deadly on the greens, just as advertised.

Back