Texarkana Golf Ranch, Texarkana, TX

Hogsfan74

Reaction score
Have any of you played this track? Gonna be in Texarkana for business this week and will have time to play some in the afternoons after I get done with meetings. Any other suggestions in the area? Thanks in advance!

Ended up playing it yesterday afternoon after meetings. The course was a really great layout with some really challenging holes, forced carries, blind tee shots etc. It is one of Hank Haneys courses. The greens had been light punched recently but hadnt been sanded and were surprisingly in good shape. Pretty slick and if you didnt leave it in the right place, have fun trying to 2 putt. The pace of play was very good, although it wasnt super busy, I played by myself and got through 18 in around 2 1/2 hours. I got there after 3 and the twilight rate was only 28 bucks with tax and cart, a very very good value in my opinion for the course. I would feel comfortable paying 50-60 bucks to play it. I would most definitely play this course again if in the area, and imagine its even better once everything has had a chance to green all the way up. I'll try and get some pictures put up later this afternoon.

Played it a couple years ago. Good layout, but the greens were very slow. Frustratingly slow in fact. Couple nice elevation changes and some pretty views as well.

Played it a couple years ago. Good layout, but the greens were very slow. Frustratingly slow in fact. Couple nice elevation changes and some pretty views as well.

Something must have changed between when you were there and now, that or I just don't know what true fast greens are, which is a possibility :confused2: . I thought they rolled true and were fairly slick, especially for being recently punched.

Back