Well, I think it's safe to say that I'm done hitting rocks. My brother gave me a dozen Titleist NXT Tour S, and the ball actually stopped on the green, even spun! There's no going back now. Looking forward to testing more.

I'm a pretty high handicapper with a medium swing speed. When I started playing, I was buying Nike Power Distance Soft about 3 dozen at a time. I play a course with a lot of water, and was ending up "gifting" a lot of balls to the lake. I really struggled, particularly off the tee. Balls were hard left or hard right, depending on which Greek god I'd apparently offended the week before. I had someone give me a sleeve of Bridgestone e5's, and while they were no better for me off the tee, I really liked how the balls felt off my wedges and putter. I'd never researched Bridgestone, so after looking at the website I decided to try the e6. I've been playing them since. I don't know if it's mental or not, but they seem to take the really awful slice and hook out of play (although I can still lose them in the water parallel to the fairway, just in the middle rather than 10 feet off the far shore). The e6 also feels very good off my wedge and putter. I like the ball very much.

If you tend to have the ball curve off into the rough, the e6 may help you.

Awesome that you found something that works for you! I like the e6 a lot. It's a great ball.

I bought the Gamer V2 today but had no luck with teh E6. I have 5 courses within a 20-30 minute drive and none of the pro shops had the E6. Th elocal Wally World carries the E6 in orange but I can't make myself buy orange. I guess I will order the E6 online.

I bought the Gamer V2 today but had no luck with teh E6. I have 5 courses within a 20-30 minute drive and none of the pro shops had the E6. Th elocal Wally World carries the E6 in orange but I can't make myself buy orange. I guess I will order the E6 online.

Amazon has them, why don't you want orange ones, they are easy to see in flight hah

How many balls do you usually lose in a round? If you lose 3 premium balls a round, that can be almost $15 a round wasted that could have been used for more practice time. There are a lot of cheaper balls that are really good, you just have to sort through all the "fluff" balls to find the one you want. (That was for you Jman).

The Precept Laddie X balls are made by Bridgestone and are only $20 for two dozen. So if I lose 3 or 4 a round it doesn't bother me too much. You can even buy some premium balls and only use those on the holes where you aren't likely to lose one and use the cheaper balls on the bad holes. That way you can see how the premium balls work for you without it costing an arm and a leg.

There are some fluff filled balls out there for sure. But not the Rock Flite XL's, damn rocks.

How many balls do you usually lose in a round? If you lose 3 premium balls a round, that can be almost $15 a round wasted that could have been used for more practice time. There are a lot of cheaper balls that are really good, you just have to sort through all the "fluff" balls to find the one you want. (That was for you Jman).

The Precept Laddie X balls are made by Bridgestone and are only $20 for two dozen. So if I lose 3 or 4 a round it doesn't bother me too much. You can even buy some premium balls and only use those on the holes where you aren't likely to lose one and use the cheaper balls on the bad holes. That way you can see how the premium balls work for you without it costing an arm and a leg.

That's exactly the reason why i am playing used and refurbished balls. they are cheap and with my handicap i don't fell any difference.

By the way, the q star is always an affordable ball that performs pretty well you get a nice distance ball that's softer but still get decent greenside spin

Back