On course club and ball evaluation to determine WITB for the summer....

geneticistx

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA-9.8
It's going to be a late start to our season up here in Canada, hopefully that means a late end to it as well..

This summer I am figuring out which clubs and balls are my sticks and rocks for the next few years, so I will be testing AP2 (712) and i20s. Further, i have given up on ProV1 balls because of price and i think there may be cheaper and more effective balls for my low to mid 80 swing speed (7 iron).

Ive read a number of ball reviews here on THP, but wouldn't the best way to truly test a ball be to hit the two balls from similar lies, and situations, as opposed to alternating a ball per hole. Sure you can't put the round into your cap, but for testing purposes, taking a couple rounds to figure out the ball would be worth it, no?

I'll game the different set of irons over a span of 4 - 6 rounds and start to get a feel of each. I'll report back the status of my game with each iron. Other suggestions on testing protocol is welcomed.

M

There are companies out there where you can get fitted for a ball without going out on course. I did one with bridgestone years ago they were awesome in assisting me with. Calculated everything from my swing and got me fitted with E6 and gave me a sleeve to use. Good price on them to. Good luck with your journey

I think that is the best way to do it. Real world testing looking forward to what you end up with I like the line up in your sig.

Back