The Morgan Cup Concludes

I have sat in front of this text box for about 15 minutes trying to figure out how to convey what happened this weekend and just how much fun I had. The courses were beautiful to play on. I got to play Caledonia on Thursday and just had a blast and I rode around True Blue for 2 straight days. The golf these guys played was for the most part really good. We have some real golfers on this site, for sure, and there were definitely some true displays of it through the weekend. I'll say it again like everyone else, Morgan and Josh put on one hell of an event and every staffer down there just took off and it ran with it for the weekend. From what I saw they murdered it. If there is another one, this one will be hard to beat.

On my way down Thursday I really didn't know what to expect. I knew it was at least going to be pretty good and I felt like I knew enough about everybody to make it through and enjoy myself. I enjoy conversing with everyone online and I really don't like to type that much so being able to actually talk to someone in person had to be better. Plus I wouldn't have to wait 45 seconds between posts to fire back a comment, or skim what the person originally said. So like I said a lot of initial positives before I even made it down there. On my way down Ryan, WarEagle, and I were exchanging texts and phone calls and were able to meet up from minute one. After that there was a THP whirlwind and the most fun I have had in ages. Hawk is my new best friend and Chunky has been texting me non stop asking to be my BFF as well. Bro hugs were going around non stop and the only thing I can think about is the next time I'll see these guys. You guys are the absolute greatest. I have never felt more welcome anywhere and I think that's what THP is all about. Legendary tales will be told about 64C for ages.

As far as the volunteering goes I really do appreciate all the thanks and praise, but it's not necessary at all. I probably had more selfish motives than anything because I was dying to meet all these guys and they without a doubt lived up to my expectations. I hope I'll be able to do it again next time this thing rolls around and that a lot of others will join me in doing so.

To the forum, you all are in for a real treat when the results come rolling out and when you get to see the footage.

Awesome guys! I know you'll remember this weekend forever! Thanks JB and GG and everyone for their hard work. Can't wait to see more footage!

CAN'T WAIT!!! To hear who wins... Or to hear Team THP announced that is

Fueling up in Virginia and I'm hawksweating right now.

Can't wait to hear who wins and the special video announcement, will be THP epic for sure!!!

Is it bad that I had to pull over and take a nap before I ever got out of south carolina...Haha 64C hurt me.

--
Tapatalk2

Frank you are the man!! Mr. Bean. Lol You all rocked it.

Frank is the man. I can wait to meet up with him and tee it up sometime.

Is it bad that I had to pull over and take a nap before I ever got out of south carolina...Haha 64C hurt me.

--
Tapatalk2

Dude, if I had to drive I don't know what I would have done...lol

Fueling up in Virginia and I'm hawksweating right now.

Thats still not as bad as TBT sweating...lol...can't wait for JB's announcement!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

We decided we didn't want to wait a week to announce the winner so at 3:00pm EST today JB will be announcing the winner of the Morgan Cup in a new thread on the forum. Be sure to check out that thread because he will also have a special video announcement in there as well.

Special announcement....I can't wait to hear this. JB and GG never disappoint!

Due to a pretty slow hotel Wifi it might be a little after 3pm before we make the announcement. As soon as the video is uploaded we will make the post.

Can't wait for JBs announcement.

Glad that everyone made it through the weekend, and all seem to be making it home safely. From the perspective of being (almost) a year removed, I know I spent a lot of time reminiscing this weekend about my own Morgan Cup weekend last year. The fun of seeing everyone you've been through the journey with, the thrill of working directly with/for your sponsor at Media Day, the nerves of those first tee shots, the fun of the competition, the camaraderie between opponents, the heartwarming support of the forum, and lastly the sadness of leaving and coming home.

I say all that as a way of reinforcing the words "an event I will never forget" that all the participants and volunteers are using today...it is absolutely true.

Events like this and all the other events (THP Outing, Tour Van Stops, and unofficial get-togethers) have really turned this online community into the family we all talk about. It takes effort and a level of trust to even participate in these events, and afterward, you feel personally invested in everything that goes on here in a way you may not have before. That's even why we have some of the spats we have as a group, because we each care about the success of the community as a whole, and it hurts on a personal level when something is not going right.

Thank you to JB and GG for giving anyone who wants to the ability to come in here and form these bonds.

Great job to all the participants and the volunteers for what it sounds like was an incredible event. I can't wait to see the video evidence of that as it is available. Thanks again to all the sponsors (Callaway/Odyssey, Cleveland/Srixon, Bridgestone, Bettinardi, Antigua, Ecco, and True Blue/Caledonia) for treating all our brothers so well over the entire length of this event.

Wtt my first post didn't go through. Like I said more to come but after One T dropped TC and I off... Got a little emotional. Once TC dropped me off at AshVegas airport I got a little more emotional. Sitting here at my gate and got dang close to misty eyed thinking about everything this weekend. Best golf weekend of my life.

Thank you so much sponsors, participants, volunteers, 64C, Josh and Morgan. Wow. More complete wrap up tonight or tomorrow. Don't wanna get lost in the big announcement and whatnot. Plus ill start tearing up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Due to a pretty slow hotel Wifi it might be a little after 3pm before we make the announcement. As soon as the video is uploaded we will make the post.

You know the S3 has a hot spot sharing feature that would get the video uploaded pretty quick. Just my opinion :)

--
Tapatalk2

I'm back home now, and I just have this empty feeling. I was looking forward to this weekend for months, and now there's really nothing on the horizon. I think that I'm going to shoot a video later today with more of my thoughts, I just can't really put them all together right now.

I wonder how many people are smashing F5 waiting for the announcement.

I wonder how many people are smashing F5 waiting for the announcement.

I keep swiping my iPad screen for reload... I'm gonna wear off my fingerprint :)

You know the S3 has a hot spot sharing feature that would get the video uploaded pretty quick. Just my opinion :)

--
Tapatalk2
Haha, and the 4G is lightning fast too!! Morgan may kill me if I keep talking about the darn phone.

Haha, and the 4G is lightning fast too!! Morgan may kill me if I keep talking about the darn phone.

Now you guys are ruining the MC thread with S3 talk lol.

Seth I'm refreshing but also just enjoying being back on the forum. Its nice buddy! I miss my MC crew already.

I'm back home now, and I just have this empty feeling. I was looking forward to this weekend for months, and now there's really nothing on the horizon. I think that I'm going to shoot a video later today with more of my thoughts, I just can't really put them all together right now.

Can't wait to see that Ary! You're a good dude and are missed already. Your family is amazing too my friend.

Now you guys are ruining the MC thread with S3 talk lol.

Seth I'm refreshing but also just enjoying being back on the forum. Its nice buddy! I miss my MC crew already.

Marc Awesome is great!

Back