What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Needed some balls, so I stopped off and picked up the Top Flight Gamer from GG today. Played 9 holes with 2 balls, Gamer and V1X, I was quite surprised from the results. Gamer was as long if not longer than the V1X, spin was similar into the greens, chips felt good, putts were good. Might start playing this ball in my everyday rounds and see how it goes. These were just the Gamers, not the Gamer Tour or V2, not really sure what the differences are between them.

Needed some balls, so I stopped off and picked up the Top Flight Gamer from GG today. Played 9 holes with 2 balls, Gamer and V1X, I was quite surprised from the results. Gamer was as long if not longer than the V1X, spin was similar into the greens, chips felt good, putts were good. Might start playing this ball in my everyday rounds and see how it goes. These were just the Gamers, not the Gamer Tour or V2, not really sure what the differences are between them.

Interesting. What's your swing speed if you don't mind me asking?

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Lately I've been rotating between TP3s, RBZ Urethane and B330-RXS. I'm a fan of all 3 and after seeing Maxfli U/4s on sale at Golf Galaxy for $25, I'm considering giving those a try.

Last edited:
I played the Chrome+ and the Z Star (old model) yesterday. My feelings about the Z Star are tainted by the following: 104 yard shot to a hole where I can only see the top 3rd of the hole. Huge trouble long, bunker short. Wind in my face. I hit a nice high shot with my 105 club. I see the ball drawing toward the pin. But when I walk up to the green the ball is gone. I have no idea how that ball wasn't on the green, much less tight to the hole. I never did find it, must have rolled off the green and into the mess. Boo.

Lately I've been rotating between TP3s, RBZ Urethane and B330-RXS. I'm a fan of all 3 and after seeing Maxfli U/4s on sale at Golf Galaxy for $25, I considering giving those a try.

The Maxfli U/3's spin better than the RBZ Urethane and are just as durable. They are about $20/dozen. The Maxfli U4's spin more than any of the balls you mention. I'm playing the U/3's now as the U/4x's were spinning back 20+ feet on almost every short iron approach shot. The U/3's are as good as any ball I've played.

My folks are in the US visiting my brother next month, can't get Top Flite gamers here, should i get them to pick me up a dozen? Love the reviews on it

Q-Star. It performs and is predictable.
I honestly wasn't sure if I'd stick with it after the Morgan Cup but it's just so darn predictable for me.

Another day with old model z star vx, played better than last time. Ball checks up great at approach, putts great, and has a nice stable flight. Plus its durability is outstanding. I will get some more.

Zstar, and hit 1 Q-star, I'm not sure I like the regular Z, I crushed the Q off the tee then out of the fairway with a hybo on a 535yd par 5 I hit pin high in 2

One of the new z star xv balls. I'd played it for about 50 holes before losing it.. The ball was destroyed but impressive for that much use.

I didn't play a round, but I went to the practice area and did an hour of chipping, pitching, and putting with the Snake Eyes long soft distance yellow balls. They were sooooo cheap at Golfsmith I had to try them, since I loved the yellow color.

They performed pretty dang close to the e6 around the green for me. I will be interested to see how they fly off the tee though.

Not sure if you saw this, but I posted a review of these a little while back in THIS THREAD. Thought I'd mention it just in case you didn't see it. I'm still gaming this ball, but the 3 doz/$20 is about over. It just popped up on the web site again today but I think they only have a few boxes left.

Callaway Hex Black been using it for about 3 rounds now. It's all beat up but still works.

Newest version of e5. I have been impressed and think I will stick with it for a while. Usually play B330RX, and while I can tell a little difference, for my game I think the e5 might be just as good or better and save me some money. Also feels great when you hit flush off of an iron and seems to just jump off the driver really hot.

Found a TP 3 on the course and played with it for about 7 holes. I never tried them last year and now I'm wondering why. Really good ball.

Played the B330 RX and RXS for 9 holes each today. My game was not that great today, but both the balls played pretty good.

E6. Nothing bad to say about the ball but my swing continues to confuse everybody. It looks ok but I keep having problems.

We were all having a horrible round, so, after leaving yet another putt short, I broke out the pink e6. I got them for an upcoming "guy's weekend" at my lake place, but it seemed appropriate.

The play the same as the other e6 balls, just pinker. I didn't leave as many short with the pink, and it helped with my "don't swing hard" swing though with my irons and off the tee.

With the warmer weather been playing my ProV1x's they perform awesome, just not as durable as I thought they would be. Then again tour balls aren't made for durability.

B330rx..same ball for the entire round...long off tee. Not sure how it held on greens cause they were stupid hard.

B330rx..same ball for the entire round...long off tee. Not sure how it held on greens cause they were stupid hard.

You must have been playing my home course. So hard as in 100 yard wedge shot from the fairway releasing 10-15 feet forward?

You must have been playing my home course. So hard as in 100 yard wedge shot from the fairway releasing 10-15 feet forward?

Id take 10 feet lol...I cried when I left a mark on the green on 18...granted I hit a moon ball approach

Id take 10 feet lol...I cried when I left a mark on the green on 18...granted I hit a moon ball approach

Yeah ball marks on these greens are unfounded. It's really really frustrating. Having to change the style or play to links because of how hard the greens are. Course is just being cheap and trying to dry out the greens to kill certain things off instead of spending money on chemicals and doing it the right way. Any who. I like the ProV1x's but I kinda can't wait till I'm out to switch to strictly the stones.

been playing the E6 for a few rounds since that's what I'll be using at the Bridgestone Championship. So far I'm really happy with it. I find it very comparable to my beloved Q-Star.

Posted earlier in this thread about the Nike RZN One. After playing again today they did not check on the greens. I think I will be staying with my Z Stars.

Back