Bushnell NEO-XS GPS Rangefinder Watch - THP Preview

Biggest thing is they have improved the size a little again, they keep making it more and more like the size of your basic wristwatch. Its come a long way from the initial versions. Additionally I believe there are 3,000 more courses with the XS
Thanks! And I just noticed the difference you mention in size .. the XS model is circular, as opposed to the X being more rectangular.
But all in all, they both give F/M/B and hazard distances .. which is all I could ask for actually.

Thanks again!

edit:
The X http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/neo-x-gps-watch.cfm#!prettyPhoto
The XS http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/neoxs.cfm#!prettyPhoto

looking strongly at this, noticed the X first, but few dollars more the XS seems to bring a fair amount to the table.

I just bought an X for a hundred bucks .. it has my course, and alllll the suff that came with it in the box. Deal? .. :bye:

Slightly off topic, but any runners here use their gps golf watch to get time and distance? I know they have odometers but I never hear anyone comment on the accuracy, usefulness, and ease of use. My wife has one specifically for running but I wouldn't mind getting one that serves both roles. I do have a laser but the quickness and convenience of a watch intrigues me.

Really great information in here guys! Seriously considering picking one of these up come golf season!

Catching up on this thread and have to say it's firmly planted on my ponder list for this season. Love the convince this would provide, especially when walking where I want to carry the least amount of gear as possible. How is battery life holding up? How long does it take to recharge? Any issues with visibility with seeing the screen in the sun?

Catching up on this thread and have to say it's firmly planted on my ponder list for this season. Love the convince this would provide, especially when walking where I want to carry the least amount of gear as possible. How is battery life holding up? How long does it take to recharge? Any issues with visibility with seeing the screen in the sun?

This thing is honestly just impressive.

Battery is great, I got 4 rounds in on one charge, recharge time isn't bad at all I didn't sit there and time it but it wasn't tedious at all, and no visibility issues at all. i could see some going with the black background if they are concerned about it, but for me there's been no issues in the Oklahoma sun.

This thing is honestly just impressive.

Battery is great, I got 4 rounds in on one charge, recharge time isn't bad at all I didn't sit there and time it but it wasn't tedious at all, and no visibility issues at all. i could see some going with the black background if they are concerned about it, but for me there's been no issues in the Oklahoma sun.

Good to hear; I guess I've always been skeptical of the watch GPS and got tired of all the updating of courses etc in the past. Seems like with recent models all those concerns are things of the past and will be something I will be looking at this year.

Good to hear; I guess I've always been skeptical of the watch GPS and got tired of all the updating of courses etc in the past. Seems like with recent models all those concerns are things of the past and will be something I will be looking at this year.

No updating needed, 33,000 courses is more than I will ever play! haha

I was pessimistic too, I won't be going back to my SGX ever again though.

I think on bushnell's website you can enter courses and check if they are included. I entered all the normal courses I play and all were there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How does the neo-xs compare to the sky caddie that is $40 cheaper. Is it all in the battery life?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

How does the neo-xs compare to the sky caddie that is $40 cheaper. Is it all in the battery life?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I cannot speak on that because I have not spent time with the SkyCaddie, sorry. I know the SkyCaddie has scoring, but thats the only big difference I know off the top of my head.

Just got back from playin with my new (bought used) Neo-X .. ABSOLUTLETY will never play without it again. Took it out of the box,
plugged it in to the computer, and set my course up, and in less than 30 min, I was on the course with it working. I could have played atleast 2 rounds.
Battery is looonnng lasting. Yardage was within a yard or 2 of my partner's S2 .. Shot 3 over on 9 holes .. and I haven't played in a month!

BUY IT! Best 100 dollar investment I've ever made in regards to the game .. period!

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these. Is there any ability to upload the odometer function for runs on it??

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these. Is there any ability to upload the odometer function for runs on it??

Not that I'm aware of dude. Didn't see anything in the instructions, think its just tracking in the round only.

Really have my fingers crossed that this might be available this weekend! Hoping to snag one when I travel 2 hours to get to Golf Town.

If not... then the waiting will continue.

Really have my fingers crossed that this might be available this weekend! Hoping to snag one when I travel 2 hours to get to Golf Town.

If not... then the waiting will continue.

Golfsmith shows Feb 27 as availability date....

Thanks so much for starting this thread Jman .. it really helped me a ton in "pulling the trigger"
And Wiflash .. I did see an "odometer" setting while going through the menu. And this is on my X, and not the "new model."
But I'd assume that if it's on the older model .. and another thing, that damn instruction manual is printed wayyy to small for me lol.
I'm going to do a search for a pdf file right now, and I'll post it if anyone needs ..

I know that everyone that has chimed in on this product has stated that it is NOT noticeable when wearing them as a watch .. at all.
I wish I could say the same. And yes, I am that in the zone lol .. after NOT wearing a watch period! for over 20 years now ...
I sense it's presence. I could I guess, wear it like a watch and just let time and or nature take it's course. :)
I put it in my pocket .. worked great!

There was a par 5 that we couldn't drive on and my drive was dead center so I tried to guess
with-out looking at what I needed in my lay-up yardage, what I would need on my third shot.
I try to leave myself right around the hundred yard marker, give or take. The hole is 505 yards, I had 254 left,
(I guessed 265) I would have hit a 6 instead of 7, and I would've put myself in that "finesse" area of playing a SW.
I like the full shot with the 53*.. I had exactly 102 yards left to the pin, after reading the "correct" yardage,
and stuck a gap wedge to 8 feet. (left it short grrr! didn't make one today) But I had "more chances" then I would have.
I hardly ever looked at the back yardages, unless the pin was back there, but other than that, I am SOLD on this.
To be that dialed in .. priceless .. :clapp:

Found the pdf file I was long for:
http://www.bushnellgolf.com/downloads/neox-watch-fullusermanual-2013.pdf

And Wiflash ...(it's on page 14) "The Odometer is a GPS function that tracks speed, distance travelled, and activity time."

The odometer has been talked about in here, he was referring to it in the sense that could he track runs with it and upload them after, this one is golf specific. When you are synced to a course and playing it tracks your distance (today in 9 holes I walked 3.2 mi) as well as the time but you cannot use it for running. That was why I gave the answer I did, it was the use of runs in the question. The odometer in the XS works awesome, I love it.

Ahhh gotchya Jman .. thanks for the clarificationz! I love this pdf file I found, this thing is so easy to use!

I don't wear a watch when I play. Wish they would put the same info into a simple standard GPS unit.

Back