Dustin Johnson Wins WGC - WITB

You know its funny Matt Hanline said something at the Event that really stuck out to me. He said. These guys are no different than you. They want a forgiving club face, ect. What stuck out to me is really feel. One of the parts of golf I love is the tinkering. I am a gadget guy so its always fun to see whats in the bag. Thanks for posting JB.

I think I remember DJ using the the rocketbladez during the hyundai tournament of champions last january because he hit a 5 iron from 240 on 18 or something ludicrous like that. Other than that I think i've only ever seen him use the tour preferred irons.

I think I remember DJ using the the rocketbladez during the hyundai tournament of champions last january because he hit a 5 iron from 240 on 18 or something ludicrous like that. Other than that I think i've only ever seen him use the tour preferred irons.

He used them again in the spring as well.

I'm sure the rocketbladez are not the reason he hit a 240 5i

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Very cool to see what he's using these days. Man does he tinker. TaylorMade has to be super happy with what is it, 4 wins with players using the SLDR already so far. Nice to see DJ come up with another win.

Interesting to see an R9 still in his bag!

Dustin Johnson WITB

Driver - TaylorMade SLDR Proto 10.5* w/ Fujikura Fuel 2.0 X
FW Woods - TaylorMade R11S Proto 15.5* & R9 19* both w/ Aldila Rip Alpha 90 X
Irons - TaylorMade TP MB 3-PW w/ True Temper DG X100
Wedges - TaylorMade TP xFT 54 & 60 w/ KBS Black Nickel
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Proto
Ball - TaylorMade Penta TP5

It really intrigues me that he's got some older models in there... The xFT's, the R11s woods, and the TP MB irons.. I wonder if they'll ever go back to a blade wedge or bring back the TP lines despite their struggles to sell. I know I'd welcome their return!!!!

Also, wonder how much time he's spent with the SLDR woods, and why they didn't end up in his bag.

It really intrigues me that he's got some older models in there... The xFT's, the R11s woods, and the TP MB irons.. I wonder if they'll ever go back to a blade wedge or bring back the TP lines despite their struggles to sell. I know I'd welcome their return!!!!

Also, wonder how much time he's spent with the SLDR woods, and why they didn't end up in his bag.

I was always a fan of the xFT wedges

I was hard pressed to take mine out of the bag. Probably the most accurate set of wedges I'd gamed to that point, and easy to adjust near the greens.

Maybe that's all we need to be Dustin Johnson good. Just have to find some xFT.

He bounces back and forth on wedges. Last time we were around him, he was using 588s.

Nicely done DJ. Love those MB irons, even though I can't hit them!

He's a ton of fun to watch when he's on his game!

Nicely done DJ. Like the mix of shafts.

Another great start for DJ. I really hope he can continue it and maybe get a major win.

Nice start, DJ! He's gotta win a major sometime soon right?

Nice win for DJ....his bag changes constantly....I think he has used 3 or 4 iron sets at some point over the last year...he seems like one of those guys that when things are a little off he grabs different clubs and expirements.

Nice early win for DJ here. I like seeing thr SLDR but I thought I heard he had it up at 12*

Maybe I am an idiot, but I really think DJ is the most talented young(er) golfer in the world. Just seems like off the course stuff seems to cause distraction.

Maybe I am an idiot, but I really think DJ is the most talented young(er) golfer in the world. Just seems like off the course stuff seems to cause distraction.

I really enjoy watching him play the game. His swing is both remarkable and endlessly painful looking hahaha!

Hopefully he makes a bigger splash next year. That'd be awesome.

I really enjoy watching him play the game. His swing is both remarkable and endlessly painful looking hahaha!

Hopefully he makes a bigger splash next year. That'd be awesome.

Ha ha ha His swing is painful to look at, with that left wrist being SO bowed, and he is so steep coming to the top that you wonder how he's going to make this all work at impact. BUT he does it, and he hits it a mile!
I like him, but wonder about his mindset with a lot of his off course activities. Not that we can't have those ourselves, but who knows how awesome he could really be if there wasn't as much?
As for his bag, those irons are money, but I'm surprised he hasn't picked up the new slider woods. Granted if I could hit last years model 3 wood 300+, I might not drop that club out of my bag either.

Nice bag there. I enjoy watching DJ play. I have been looking at those xft wedges and wondered if they were conforming with the changeable face, but I guess they are as he is using them on tour or are they different?

Back