Callaway Performance Center - Live Update Thread - #TheGrandaddy

Ask about the shaft pairing of the fubuki with the Bertha Alpha. I'm curious as to why that shaft- did that provide best numbers (I'm assuming it did obviously).
My thought exactly! And what's the diff between the shafts in the BB and Alpha?

I don't know the comments or thoughts on the H2Hot Pro irons, but these are legit! I hit these vs the Apex Pro and the feel is very similar. Flight actually flatter. Great irons!!! Don't skip past them this year! I'm having a hard time not looking at the Apex Pro because of pride, but I think X2Hot Pro are the best choice for me.

H2Hot Pro hybrid is awesome too!!! Alpha fairway?! Oh my goodness!!!!

Got to meet the Dream Team. Some really good golf swings in this bunch. ZooCrew will have to golf our balls to beat 'em the next couple of days.

Rhiona's a +4 at the bar, so we'll easily prevail in the after-golf activities.

You better believe it. These 8 guys have been putting the work in over the last several months.

Callaway definitely does know how to host!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and I'm a high Spin guy due to negative attack but got fit to have the CoG high. More on that later

How did the BB Alpha feel guys? Been drooling over this since information was released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bertha is an incredible club. Wow wow wow guys. I really think the regular Bertha will fit a TON of people

Game changer. Legit game changer. I've never had such ideal launch conditions. Just awesome

do you get to game it while kicking the #zoocrews butt this week?

Q&A session with the RnD team of Callaway. Anyone with questions?

Tapping all the way to the #Grandaddy for the Green and White!
yes...if they are able to answer. I'd like to know who long they have been working on the gravity core concept. And if I undertand the lead time correctly they are working on 2016 lineup right now? Not sure if those are confidential answers but hopefully they won't shoot you for just asking :)

Game changer. Legit game changer. I've never had such ideal launch conditions. Just awesome

I want it even more now

The Bertha is an incredible club. Wow wow wow guys. I really think the regular Bertha will fit a TON of people

What kind of improvements were you seeing?

This thread continues to make my head spin. So.Much.AWESOME.

Guys are at the range right now testing out everything that is new for Callaway Golf. They have Trackman available for the guys and bags and bags of equipment. Callaway guys and THPers locked in conversation on the range about golf, gear and life.

Its a pretty awesome thing.

Stupendously jealous. So stoked for those guys, being made rock stars by a major golf company. Just epic!

What kind of improvements were you seeing?

Higher launch, lower Spin for me, and that's with the CoG high as opposed to low. I was getting launch over 10 degrees which is incredible for me.

How are you guys finding the fairway woods compare to your current gamer? I'm am so damn excited for those.

Q&A session with the RnD team of Callaway. Anyone with questions?

Tapping all the way to the #Grandaddy for the Green and White!

Was there any experimentation when deciding on the 10/2 weight about a heavier or lighter weight (14/2, 8/4 for example) and if so, were there more dramatic effects of COG and spin change? Or after testing did they see those changes were too extreme and that their current weight is ideally the optimal adjustment range most players would need?

Technical question I know but it'd be interesting to know if they think weight kits are in the future or if they saw too much/little changes.

Word it however you see fit!

OK, am now caught up. Everyone else has chimed in, and all I can say is... Wow!! Kudos to Callaway and THP for putting together such a great event for all involved. This kind of targeted messaging and the attention/information/access for THPers will definitely have me considering Callaway/Odyssey options when I look at the bag make-up/changes for 2014. Now, I need more updates!!

Thanks for all the great updates guys. What a cool event.

How does the gravity core acutally work? Do you interchange different cores for desired results?

How does the gravity core acutally work? Do you interchange different cores for desired results?

From Callaway's website:
"Here’s the breakdown: For the first time ever, the Gravity Core lets you adjust unwanted spin independently of launch angle, so you get completely optimized ball flights and longer distance. Whatever you want, anything from an extreme low spin driver to a more total performance, mid-low spin driver, you can have it. That’s the Gravity Core at work. Together with the adjustable hosel, players now have an added dimension of adjustability to optimize launch angle. So now you get EVEN MORE ball speed and distance. Dial in your preferred directional bias with the adjustable weights, enhancing a Draw or Neutral shot shape for more accuracy. Whatever flight you want, Big Bertha Alpha can give it to you."

Also here is a link to a pretty awesome interview about the technology: https://soundcloud.com/callawaygolf/interview-with-chip-brewer-12-04-13

Man these guys are getting top notch treatment. This is no average joe stuff. Incredible

Back