#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

Congrats to JMAN!!!! That is such an honor.

Very cool. . . Congrats JMan !

First off congrats to both the zoocrew, dreamteam, and all of thp for an amzing two days. Even sitting here at home I felt like I was right there at the edge of my seat. This event makes me want to get more involved on THP. Since I joined I was kind of on the fringe but after hearing about the Grandaddy after meeting jlukes this summer and reading more about it it is just amazing what thp does for all of us. I have seen my knowledge of golf technique and equipment go through the roof in the short time I have been here which has increased my enjoyment of the game. After following the event it makes me want to dig deep this winter and get my hdcp down another 5 shots by July for a shot at the MC. Thanks THP and everyone on here!

EDIT: Just signed up for the Albatross Club.

Last edited:
So thrilled for Jman. What a terrific and unique event. THP continues to amaze on a daily basis.

Congrats JMan!

What an amazing event this year and a great effort by the DreamTeam. I'm sure the amount of entries for next years event will be amazingly high after being able to follow the entire event this year.

First off congrats to both the zoocrew, dreamteam, and all of thp for an amzing two days. Even sitting here at home I felt like I was right there at the edge of my seat. This event makes me want to get more involved on THP. Since I joined I was kind of on the fringe but after hearing about the Grandaddy after meeting jlukes this summer and reading more about it it is just amazing what thp does for all of us. I have seen my knowledge of golf technique and equipment go through the roof in the short time I have been here which has increased my enjoyment of the game. After following the event it makes me want to dig deep this winter and get my hdcp down another 5 shots by July for a shot at the MC. Thanks THP and everyone on here!

EDIT: Just signed up for the Albatross Club.

You should be able to cut out strokes in no time. Looking forward to teeing it up with you in the spring.

You should be able to cut out strokes in no time. Looking forward to teeing it up with you in the spring.

Joe, whatever you do, miss your flight. Its freezing here with snow and ice on the ground with more snow coming Saturday.

Joe, whatever you do, miss your flight. Its freezing here with snow and ice on the ground with more snow coming Saturday.

Haha I thought about it, especially since Matt from The Hideaway told us anytime we are in the area to give him a call!

Not going to lie though, excited to get home to my wife and pooch

I have been fortunate to play golf at many of the "top" courses in the country. The Hideaway is now at the top of the list hands down. I was not able to play the course, but did hit a shot to say I was there. Injuries are injuries and the trip was not about me, but about the 8 guys that made up the Dream Team. But GG and I were with them every step of the way and this place is special.

Matt,
If you are reading this. Thank you.

This speaks volumes man.

Haha I thought about it, especially since Matt from The Hideaway told us anytime we are in the area to give him a call!

Not going to lie though, excited to get home to my wife and pooch

Whens the welcome home / pick Joe's brain / drinking party? Do you need me to bring anything? Haha

I'm exhausted I don't want to leave and I am sore from all the golf swings but WOW what a ride.

It was an absolutely incredible journey. I will have multiple long recaps, but I will say that pictures cannot do the Hideaway justice. It is that unbelievable

Just so everyone is aware James had no idea he was picked as a captain until just now. He found out with the rest of you.

Thank goodness he wasn't on a roof when he found out. :) I can't think of a better person to pass the torch to.

BTW, Morgan you showed considerable restraint...I wouldn't have left the women' locker room if I found freshly baked cookies in there. I'm was very disappointed to have missed the play by play action yesterday. Sadly I had work and no Internet connection. :(

I'm exhausted I don't want to leave and I am sore from all the golf swings but WOW what a ride.

It was an absolutely incredible journey. I will have multiple long recaps, but I will say that pictures cannot do the Hideaway justice. It is that unbelievable

Glad I'm not the only sore one. Can barely lift my left arm above my shoulder this morning

Thank goodness he wasn't on a roof when he found out. :) I can't think of a better person to pass the torch to.

BTW, Morgan you showed considerable restraint...I wouldn't have left the women' locker room if I found freshly baked cookies in there. I'm was very disappointed to have missed the play by play action yesterday. Sadly I had work and no Internet connection. :(

I'm sure the cookies in the ladies locker room were awesome. But, if you stayed in the locker room, you would miss the breakfast sliders, Rubens, chicken tacos and everything else awaiting at the comfort stations.

Actually, that's not true. The Hideaway would have brought you whatever you wanted. In fact, I have a fantastic idea for the next THP event: The Hideaway Locker Room Challenge Sponsored by Callaway Golf.

Truly awesome event guys. You guys did good and ran into some good golf by the Hometown boys and girl.

You did THP proud and congrats Jman. Looking forward to the ride of 2.0.

The coverage was SO good I keep feeling like I need to write a recap thread JUST from following the live thread the last few days. Huge shout out to Josh, Morgan, all the #DreamTeam'rs and #ZooCrew'rs keeping us in the loop. The coverage was AWESOME. We truly felt like we were part of the event following along, and that was great.

Big thanks to JB and GG on the coverage. It's hard to play golf and update the forum when it really counts.

Big thanks to JB and GG on the coverage. It's hard to play golf and update the forum when it really counts.

You guys did great. I've tried to play and be on here in just a casual round and it was pretty difficult. I can't imagine in an event like this. I would almost say don't post anything during the round and keep your focus on golf. JB and GG did a fantastic job keeping us in the loop.

It was so much fun getting to do play by plays for you guys and keeping everyone informed.

We already have some ideas on how to make that better next year. We were talking with the zoocrew on the bus ride back about this very thing.

Everyone involved did a great job in making us feel like we were there.

The event is physically over, but it will be with me FOREVER!

It was so much fun getting to do play by plays for you guys and keeping everyone informed.

We already have some ideas on how to make that better next year. We were talking with the zoocrew on the bus ride back about this very thing.
Always looking to go bigger and better, it's what THP does.

Awesome.

Here's some pics for you all to enjoy. Tried to take as many as possible, but also tried not to live the trip through a camera lense :)

DSCN3823-L.jpg

DSCN3829-L.jpg

DSCN3830-L.jpg

DSCN3828-L.jpg

DSCN3831-L.jpg

DSCN3832-L.jpg

DSCN3843-L.jpg

DSCN3834-L.jpg

DSCN3827-L.jpg

DSCN3826-L.jpg

Dye Course
DSCN3835-L.jpg

DSCN3844-L.jpg

DSCN3837-L.jpg

DSCN3836-L.jpg

DSCN3839-L.jpg

DSCN3838-L.jpg

DSCN3840-L.jpg

DSCN3842-L.jpg

Clive Course
DSCN3846-L.jpg

DSCN3847-L.jpg

DSCN3845-L.jpg

DSCN3849-L.jpg

I know it'll piss Smalls off that I'm quoting pics, but I really don't care, these deserve it. That is just effing GORGEOUS.

Cant imagine it being better. Really cant. But if anyone can do it, its you, Josh, and Callaway.

Back