Review - Gimme Charge - Universal Golf Cart Charger

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been waiting for this review. As James has said before, one of those "WHY DIDN'T I THANK OF THAT" devices.

I know my phone can get worn down using the GPS app all day, so this is a welcomed product. Nice write-up, Jman.

This is definately cool, I've had phones die on the course when taking pics or video and sometimes I just forget to plug it in at night. Great idea!

Excellent review JMAN! I will tell you after the week we spent on the golf course for the grandaddy, most of us could of used this very device. Taking Pictures, and posting, and keeping up with everything that was going on took it’s toll on the battery life for many of us. Not to mention if your playing music through a device it’s zaps them pretty good also. We were playing with one of the members this week, his battery died in the middle of our round. It was the first time i had played with music, and once it was gone. It was surely missed. Great idea!

Great review Jman. Such a simple yet practical device, and for someone like me who leaves the GPS in the bag and forgets to charge it, this one sounds like a winner.

Great job JMAN. This is the product that I have been waiting for. So many times Im out on the course and my battery does not make it. This is a must have for me thats for sure

Great stuff here James! If I was a cart only guy I would pick up the universal in a heartbeat.

Easy to use power on the fly is nice to have with the electronics we like to run these days. Between GPS apps, music, and fantasy football the phone is constantly being drained.

Review - Gimme Charge - Universal Golf Cart Charger

I'll just say it, this thing is freaking awesome. If you're a golfer who rides most of the time (and your course has electric carts) this thing is well worth it IMO. This one will always be in my bag, even ordered extra cables for my devices to leave in the drawstring pouch as well.

Good review... definitely see some golfers picking this up. With all the gps and scorecard apps it will definitely come in handy.

I could definitely see this coming in handy. Whenever I've used my phone for gps/score I have to be careful with it and only pull it out at during certain times, otherwise bye bye battery life. Cool little gadget.

Nice review, James.

This product is is a fantastic idea. It would have come in handy last week.

I must be old school but I think that phones should not be allowed on the golf course

nice review tough, and I know some people that would like that product

I must be old school but I think that phones should not be allowed on the golf course

nice review tough, and I know some people that would like that product
It's not just for phones, GPS and all devices will charge on it.

Great review, James. Kevin's comment on the front page echoed what I thought all week from #TheGrandaddy; all those beautiful pictures and live updates would have killed my phone battery, and something like this would have been needed to get the most from my phone on the course. I think as more and more golf related things come out for phones this is going to be even more appealing.

Very nice. Definitely a handy little device right there. Wish I'd come up with that idea.

Nice job James. Seems like a very practical device.

It's not just for phones, GPS and all devices will charge on it.

oh true, I forgot that most gps will charge via USB too

Great review Jman! This really is one of those ideas! lol I'm confident this will be a good sell for them, just makes a lot of sense!

Just one of those things that you wish you had created. So many times we've been on the course and needed something like this. Nice job James.

Nifty little device. Great overview James. Just makes sense and like Dean said, why didn't I think of this?

I think I just found my Christmas gift to my dad, he rides in a cart all the time. Thanks Jman for the review!

After seeing the device it was one of those moments like, holy cow, why didn't I think of that!

It makes so much sense, and how convenient to just keep in your golf bag.

Now I need to see which types of carts my course uses!

Great job James, just what the doc ordered. Having to use my phone for distances all the time and all the client/boss calls I get on the course, its a real pain keep my phone charged.

I can finally use my phone as a GPS since I can charge it now. Thanks J for the review. Good chance this is a stocking stuffer.

Back