gcruz86

Reaction score
With hot weather around the corner (it's hot here already in Vegas), I thought it might be a good idea to give everyone a heads up about this topic.

I believe I had a slight case of this last Saturday. It was a hot sunny day with temps in the 90s. I usually don't play on weekends but I decided to spend about 2.5 hours on the range. Unfortunately, I got so caught up with improving my swing that I forgot to hydrate early and properly. I only had about 2 bottles of water during that time and I think I didn't drink for the first hour. Towards the last part of my range time, I started to get a headache so I decided to quit. By the time I got home, I started feeling a little nauseated and that's when it hit me that I might have a slight heat exhaustion. So, I drank two glasses of cold water, had a pinch of salt, and just sat in the tub and took a cold shower. After a while, I started feeling better and felt really stupid.

So, just a heads up guys. When playing in hot weather, hydrate early and properly and have proper shading (cart, umbrella, trees, etc.). Know the warning signs: headache, dizziness, cramps, fatigue, nausea, confusion, rapid heartbeat. And if you do experience any signs/symptoms, make sure to hydrate and try to cool your body temperature.

P.S. Also, don't forget the importance of using sunscreen.

Back