Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

FYI, this is still available on Amazon with prime.

Thank you sir also picked up a dozen to try out

Anyone else get odd spin with their high spin wedge shots? When I hit a good wedge shot, since I switched to the Hex Black ball, I get a bounce about 4 feet to the right when it lands. It might be partially forward or back, but mostly right. Anyone else have this? Seems odd to me. Only with the Black Balls.

interesting that amazon still has these brand new and prime eligible for $34.95, though it says ships in 2-4 weeks. I wonder if that'll be the new price after they got their hooks into everyone playing them.

I've been playing the Hex Black for 2 months straight now and I will be continuing to do so. I just love the consistency this ball offers as well it is just a great overall ball for me.

I have also noticed lately that the little "cracks" that we used to see in the cover have been taken care of. I haven't seen one of those in my last dozen and the cover is just so darn durable.

I had this happen once on a par 3 at the MC....I chalked it up to just how I hit he ball at that time as I haven't seen it happen again

Anyone else get odd spin with their high spin wedge shots? When I hit a good wedge shot, since I switched to the Hex Black ball, I get a bounce about 4 feet to the right when it lands. It might be partially forward or back, but mostly right. Anyone else have this? Seems odd to me. Only with the Black Balls.

I had this happen once on a par 3 at the MC....I chalked it up to just how I hit he ball at that time as I haven't seen it happen again

Happens to me all the time. Twice today. I actually play for it on full wedge shots now. Strange to me. Always the lower shots that bounce once and stop or come back.

Anyone have any idea why I would be longer with the Blacks with my driver but shorter with irons? This has been consistent throughout the 27 holes I have played so far.

Anyone have any idea why I would be longer with the Blacks with my driver but shorter with irons? This has been consistent throughout the 27 holes I have played so far.

You may be compressing the ball better with the driver than you are with irons

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Played the Hex Black for 9 today. Quick breakdown goes as follows.

Distance: Longest ball I've played other than B330. As long as B330.

Spin: In a word TONS. In the right places though. They say they've found the key to a steep spin slope. Well, I buy it. Very straight off the driver but has as much spin as I could possibly want off of the irons and wedges.

Feel: Harsh, clicky, unpleasant. I don't like it.

Durability: Other than the cosmetics of the "cracks" in the dimples these are as durable as you could hope for in a urethane covered ball.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Played the Hex Black for 9 today. Quick breakdown goes as follows.

Distance: Longest ball I've played other than B330. As long as B330.

Spin: In a word TONS. In the right places though. They say they've found the key to a steep spin slope. Well, I buy it. Very straight off the driver but has as much spin as I could possibly want off of the irons and wedges.

Feel: Harsh, clicky, unpleasant. I don't like it.

Durability: Other than the cosmetics of the "cracks" in the dimples these are as durable as you could hope for in a urethane covered ball.

Tapping till 12-21-2012
I've heard a couple of people say this about this ball, and maybe its because I putt with an insert but I've just never seen this clickyness or harshness. Either way, are you going to game them from now on or are you going to be gaming something else?

I've heard a couple of people say this about this ball, and maybe its because I putt with an insert but I've just never seen this clickyness or harshness. Either way, are you going to game them from now on or are you going to be gaming something else?

Well, I still have at least 9 more holes left with my first ball, and then 11 more.
Plus I have another dozen on the way from Amazon. So in short, I'm going to give them a two dozen ball chance to get used to the feel. If I can't do it then they are still a great performing ball but I'll have to find something that performs close to as well (B330S probably) but feels better to me.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Interesting about the feel. I can say it wasn't my favorite ball feel-wise off the putter but on the flip side I really had nothing against it. I guess it was just a neutral feeling. The other amazing qualities though just make this ball shine. I love the spin (or lack thereof) off the tee. I see only about 2-5 feet of rollout on iron shots, which is great for me. I'm not a spin it back type of guy and don't even try to play to that. For wedge shots the ball seems to come to a stop even quicker than irons which makes distance control easy!

Just a great ball.

Interesting about the feel. I can say it wasn't my favorite ball feel-wise off the putter but on the flip side I really had nothing against it. I guess it was just a neutral feeling. The other amazing qualities though just make this ball shine. I love the spin (or lack thereof) off the tee. I see only about 2-5 feet of rollout on iron shots, which is great for me. I'm not a spin it back type of guy and don't even try to play to that. For wedge shots the ball seems to come to a stop even quicker than irons which makes distance control easy!

Just a great ball.
Another positive note. Blasted a drive just short of the turn on a dogleg left par 5. Threaded a 7i through some trees and landed right at 100 out. I know this because ball bounced off 100 yard marker and flew into the right rough behind a tree. Whipped it right to left hard around the tree but flight was too low and rolled off the side of the green. 4th shot I proceeded to hip on with just a tad of check and a lazy left to right roll that died in the cup for bird!

On this one hole I saw how long this ball is with a bombed drive, how durable it is with no scuffs from hitting the 100 yd marker, how workable it is (you know how hard it is to hook a lob wedge), and how much green side control it gives as it checked exactly how much I wanted to roll in for bird.

It was a one hole testament to the Hex Black's total performance. Now if it just didn't feel like a rock on every one of those shots I'd be 100% sold, hands down.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I just got my latest doz in from amazon. I posted in another thread that I was able to pick them up via Amazon Warehoise deals and they were $23 shipped with prime. The warning was that the box might be damaged but merchandise was fine. Well, I was worried as someone else had mentioned they bought them bought and received other balls in the pack (diablos), other reviews on amazon said the same. The box's right upper corner was partially smashed in and the sides had magic tape on them. When I opened it though all the sleeves were in there and perfect. Dug deeper and they were all hex blacks. Great deal, not sure if there's more left.

I ordered a dozen Hex Blacks from the extended sale on Amazon on Wednesday and they made it to my house in HI today, already! Wow...Amazon=fast. Shipping was free too!!!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Just getting my Hex Black ready for battle tomorrow, and for the tournament on tuesday, I hope it works as well as I expect it!

I guess dont' "feel" a golf ball as much as others because I used these again today for my short game practice and I just don't see this harsh rock like feel. I love them.

and coolbreeze hits them a mile

I hopped on the deal like everyone else and really like them last week. Might not be as long for me as B-Stones but just be a few yards. They have good stoppage power on the greens as well.

I guess dont' "feel" a golf ball as much as others because I used these again today for my short game practice and I just don't see this harsh rock like feel. I love them.
I do not get the hard feeling at all either CB, I think they feel pretty darn good IMO. They are not Zstar, B330rx soft but IMO they are pretty soft for being a tour ball. One of the easier to compress out there IMO.

I do not get the hard feeling at all either CB, I think they feel pretty darn good IMO. They are not Zstar, B330rx soft but IMO they are pretty soft for being a tour ball. One of the easier to compress out there IMO.

That's what she said.

I reckon I'll pick up a sleeve just to see how they play.

--
Tapatalk2

Back