Anyone formerly/currently play PING i3 or i3+ irons?

Minarets

Reaction score
Handicap
What were your thoughts?

I had the Pi3+ for several years. In fact I am bagging the 60 LW right now since I haven't found one to kick it out of the bag for long.

Still play them from time to time as backups for my A4s. Love them to death. Actually thinking of going back to them full time.....

Still play them from time to time as backups for my A4s. Love them to death. Actually thinking of going back to them full time.....
I had the i3 OS irons for quite a while.

I thought they were really great clubs, but I am also a terrible golfer and they were my first set... Even for me, they seemed forgiving and very solid feeling. I haven't played many set of irons before (only the i3's and my current set of Callaway Fusions and dinking around with my friend's clubs from time to time. They are probably a good bit weaker lofted than the current generation of irons, but I like the fact that even the "OS" had a fairly compact clubhead. I also really liked their simple and somewhat understated look, though that is totally subjective.

Chowmein

I play the i3+ blades and still love em. Ive hit several newer irons and just cant justify spending the money because my Pings are perfectly fine.

The thing with Ping irons is that they tend to last longer and hold up better than many other brands IMO.

I had the i3 irons in the bag for a year or 2. They were the first set of irons I ever bought myself and did so with my first paycheck out of college. They worked pretty well for me, but eventually I needed to go from a Reg Flex to a Stiff so I jumped to the i10's(thanks to Nerfny). I thought they were a really good set of irons at the time and they held up well while they were in the bag. I even had the lob wedge and boy was that thing easy to hit.

My father-in-law still plays the i3's and loves them he shoots low to mid 80's with them. Everyone tries to get him to get a set of newer gi irons but he won't give up the i3's.

I have been playing the i3 OS, since they were released. The clubs are definitely not to blame for my scores. They are still in great shape, and I never found them to be as clunky as other oversize GI irons.

I had the i3 os irons for a season. I liked them well enough.

I think all things considered, there are better newer options.

Anyone play i3+?

Still play the i3 OS, have had them re-shafted a few times as technology marched on & my swing changed over the years.

I haven't found anything yet that has relegated the i3's to the archives. It's a fine stick.

I have a set of I3+ that I played for some time. My first Ping irons. Upgraded(?) to G10s this season. Have 2 Ping putters that I play occasionally.

I have a set of I3+ that I played for some time. My first Ping irons. Upgraded(?) to G10s this season. Have 2 Ping putters that I play occasionally.
How did you like them

How did you like them
They will never leave me. After 7-8 months, 60+ rounds and countless range sessions with the G10s the best thing I can say about them over the I3s is....maybe the toe hits are better
What is I will say after 2 sets of Ping Irons is that it would be hard to switch.

They will never leave me. After 7-8 months, 60+ rounds and countless range sessions with the G10s the best thing I can say about them over the I3s is....maybe the toe hits are better
What is I will say after 2 sets of Ping Irons is that it would be hard to switch.

This is my first ping set. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for some i20s that my wife told me to get and then she decided she wants to move to another house, so she put the kabosh on my golf and gave me the old guilt trip on "what's best for the kids".
Needless to say, I needed/wanted something different from my Mizunos. I hope the will bye me some time. Those i20s will be mine someday.

Played the i3 blades back in the day. Meh.

Rope hooked with my HTC One

Back