Does anyone else love McDonald's as much as I do? I've slowed down how often I go but I think it makes me appreciate my visits little bit more.

I also rediscovered the McDonald's pie today. Strawberries and cream? Yes please!

My -new- usual go to is a couple make doubles, and a couple of pies. And a Dr. Pepper.

TTing

Man oh man do I miss my love for McDonalds. I use to crave it a few times a week. Its not good food, its fast food that at the right time tastes darn good to me. Sure people will say "better burgers here" and stuff, but it does not change anything. McD's gets it right for what they are.

I just can't eat it much anymore. Oh I miss you clown laden quick dining place.

I love their fries...thats about it

There's a reason, if you go to a foreign country and ask them what they think of for American food. And they say McDonald's. It's America baby!!

The only thing worth getting there is the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.

I used to have a really unhealthy love for McD's. It's now a once-in-a-while kind of thing, but I tried their new jalapeno quarter pounder a little while ago...pretty decent. Still enjoy their Sausage McMuffins and the McRib.

I like the new wraps too.

Not so much a McD's fan, but Carl's Jr, now that is a different story. Then I just like Wendy's so I can eat a frosty with the fries!

I haven't been to a McDonalds in about 10 years. Maybe longer.

But, I have borrowed the McGriddle concept for my breakfast sammies. Cinnamon raisin bagel with egg and cheese FTW!

I am a big fan of the breakfast burritos here in Canada, but they just weren't the same when we were in ND.

Gotta say I am a sucker for the value meal, can't stand most of the food on the regular menu. Definitely need to cut down though... once a week is too much.

McDonald's sells WAY better burgers in other countries. Germany has two particularly good ones with properly sized patties instead of the little postal stamp sized wads of fibrous mung they sell over here.
That being said, McDonalds provides a safe alternative when travelling in foreign areas and you're sick of being poisoned by street food (don't ask me how I know...)

I also like their McGriddles when I'm hungover. They're the ultimate cure all.

I understand McDonald's menu is regional. So what weird sandwiches can you get in your state? List em!

When I Was in the maritimes we tried the McLobster and it was actually pretty good

When I Was in the maritimes we tried the McLobster and it was actually pretty good

I've heard of this. Very interesting. Hawaii McD is also supposed to have some sort of spam burger.

I had McD's in Korea and it was pretty tasty. I like their breakfast ok, but it has gotten kinda expensive. I don't care for their burgers but when I'm crunched for time and cash I will swing by and get a Large Coke (which are $1 locally) and 2 cheeseburgers for around 3 bucks.

I never, ever, crave McDonalds. The only time I go to one its about convenience, they are generally fast and I can normally count on my order to be correct.

Man oh man do I miss my love for McDonalds. I use to crave it a few times a week. Its not good food, its fast food that at the right time tastes darn good to me. Sure people will say "better burgers here" and stuff, but it does not change anything. McD's gets it right for what they are.

I just can't eat it much anymore. Oh I miss you clown laden quick dining place.

Is McDonald's great food? Absolutely not.

But when you feel like McDonald's there is absolutely no acceptable substitute.

TTing

Is McDonald's great food? Absolutely not.

But when you feel like McDonald's there is absolutely no acceptable substitute.

TTing

This is very true. Kind of like a Chick-Fil-A meal.

PS I love how every post in here from Hawk involves salt packets.

TTing

He salts his salt.

Ironically GG and I watched the older CNBC documentary on McDonalds tonight.

This is very true. Kind of like a Chick-Fil-A meal.

He salts his salt.

Ironically GG and I watched the older CNBC documentary on McDonalds tonight.
Was it about the pink sludge that is chicken nuggets?

Was it about the pink sludge that is chicken nuggets?

No, it was more of a fluff piece about the brand. it was from 2008. Pretty good though with the biz side and global expansion and where they are headed.

No, it was more of a fluff piece about the brand. it was from 2008. Pretty good though with the biz side and global expansion and where they are headed.
Ah, ok. I watched an interesting one a while back on their test kitchens and how they choose their produce growers and what not. Interesting stuff.

I think they claimed to have over 300+ new menu items per year, but only 5-10 actually make it to the menu.

Here they have a strawberry and creme pie. It is unreal. Blows the apple and cherry out of the water.

And I wasn't a big pie guy.

TTing

Back