The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they make the roughing call when Mallett gets hit. Mallett? There's no justice in the NFL.

Kevin

Racism

Philly has a nasty defense.

For all the work that they have done with Mallett, his throwing motion looks much better. Still needs to take about half a second off of it, and you can see that most on the shorter passes, but its coming around. He has a rocket of an arm and can thread the needle, but the touch passes take too long to leave his hand.

Two more years backing up and learning and this kid (if he continues to develop as fast as he has been) could be a nice replacement.

Plus he played in the SEC.

I love Gruden. I could listen to him for days

Now that was a nice throw.

Oh, wow. Man, we differ there. I find him so annoying. There is probably a little insight in there, but man, I can't get by the "Let me tell you about this guy."

Kevin

Big 10 fans will say he learned it all up there tough.

Vick have ribs x-rayed and Eagles d making Ryan Mallett look like Tom Brady. At least they didn't wait until the regular season to stink. I gave them a pass last week because of what was going on, but they should be dominating and instead they are shooting themselves in the foot every time they make a play. I know there is no game planning in the pre season but the offense is off and the D continues to hurt themselves. It may be another long season in Philly!!

Oh, wow. Man, we differ there. I find him so annoying. There is probably a little insight in there, but man, I can't get by the "Let me tell you about this guy."

Kevin

He drops tons of knowledge and you can get a real sense of his enthusiasm. I like that.

Vick have ribs x-rayed and Eagles d making Ryan Mallett look like Tom Brady. At least they didn't wait until the regular season to stink. I gave them a pass last week because of what was going on, but they should be dominating and instead they are shooting themselves in the foot every time they make a play. I know there is no game planning in the pre season but the offense is off and the D continues to hurt themselves. It may be another long season in Philly!!

Why? Its not as if they are playing the Rams D or Mark Sanchez.

He drops tons of knowledge and you can get a real sense of his enthusiasm. I like that.

If you ever get an experience to watch game film with him, jump. One of the most knowledgeable I have ever met and the guy can just sit and watch film for hours on end.

I am with you there. I like Gruden. I am shocked he has not come back to coaching yet. You can tell he really loves the game.

Cam Newton looked pretty good against Miami. So did the rest of Carolina's offense,

Fletcher Cox looks good. I wanted him in a Panthers uniform.

Why? Its not as if they are playing the Rams D or Mark Sanchez.

The Pats D is not one of the tops in the NFL and since NE is sitting almost everyone that has some talent the Eagles should be playing a lot better this game. Not that it matters anymore with Vick out.

The Pats D is not one of the tops in the NFL and since NE is sitting almost everyone that has some talent the Eagles should be playing a lot better this game. Not that it matters anymore with Vick out.

It's the preseason.

I think Foles is showing some promise. He doesn't look panicky or freaked out.

It's the preseason.

You can say it all day, but to fans, for some reason its an indication of a team's progress despite year after year records and play showing otherwise.

You can say it all day, but to fans, for some reason its an indication of a team's progress despite year after year records and play showing otherwise.

I'm no nfl buff by any mean but I watch preseason to watch players, not plays. It's funny because after a game I probably couldn't even tell you the score or who is winning.

It's the preseason.
Understand, but the problems that the Eagles had last season seem to be the same so far. The Eagles rely too heavily on the big play and struggle when they are not getting them (I think the first team O has 30 yards total in 2 games). Their D continues to give up plays of +20 yards at an alarming rate for a defense considered to be good, plus they are often burned by misdirection because teams have learned to use their aggressiveness against them. Problems like this need to be addressed and there has been a failure of the coaching staff to make changes.

It's sad that season ticket holders have to pay full price for these games. What a scam.

Be a Panther fan.

I agree. it should at least include a playoff game, if your team makes it...

Understand, but the problems that the Eagles had last season seem to be the same so far. The Eagles rely too heavily on the big play and struggle when they are not getting them (I think the first team O has 30 yards total in 2 games). Their D continues to give up plays of +20 yards at an alarming rate for a defense considered to be good, plus they are often burned by misdirection because teams have learned to use their aggressiveness against them. Problems like this need to be addressed and there has been a failure of the coaching staff to make changes.

Quite this my man: players, not plays.

It's sad that season ticket holders have to pay full price for these games. What a scam.

It really stinks when the stadium is awful to get to, like with the Patriots. The Kraft family makes money hand over fist at that place. I've had horrible experiences there though for concerts and soccer games, no way I'm going there for a football game anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back