Anyone Use Iron Headcovers?

I have used them in the past. They can be a pain in the a$$. They get lost unless you have them strung together. Then they're a tangled mess to fool with. In the end, I didn't notice any difference in the wear and tear on the irons.

kind of a weak merge there has to be more and longer threads on this :alien:

I have used them in the past. They can be a pain in the a$$. They get lost unless you have them strung together. Then they're a tangled mess to fool with. In the end, I didn't notice any difference in the wear and tear on the irons.

Hmm... see that's the issue that I don't want to deal with. I've lost some headcovers and it's annoying to replace them. So having 7-8 more to deal with... I don't know if I want them.
I'd like to see some pictures of clubs that are 5 to 10 years old that used covers with.

Well the way I look at it is those irons are eventually going to wear from constant use and not having covers and wearing my irons just keeps me gassing towards some new Taylormade TP MB's

Well the way I look at it is those irons are eventually going to wear from constant use and not having covers and wearing my irons just keeps me gassing towards some new Taylormade TP MB's

Well put! Hahaha

Hmm... see that's the issue that I don't want to deal with. I've lost some headcovers and it's annoying to replace them. So having 7-8 more to deal with... I don't know if I want them.
I'd like to see some pictures of clubs that are 5 to 10 years old that used covers with.

I use mine full time. My last set (covering Nickents) lasted 2 years before I lost cover (7i) and played without until getting the Adams A12 OS set. This set of covers has only been on about 6 months and still have them all. All it takes me is tossing on the ground between my ball and the cart every time, no biggy.

Not the best picture:
P1030810.jpg

I use mine full time. My last set (covering Nickents) lasted 2 years before I lost cover (7i) and played without until getting the Adams A12 OS set. This set of covers has only been on about 6 months and still have them all. All it takes me is tossing on the ground between my ball and the cart every time, no biggy.

Not the best picture:
P1030810.jpg

Good stuff. Thanks for posting a picture.
I'm still debating...

Good stuff. Thanks for posting a picture.
I'm still debating...

Damn, my next post was going to try and sell you my set of covers and the Nickents, haha

Damn, my next post was going to try and sell you my set of covers and the Nickents, haha

hahaha I appreciate it but I just bought my new set of irons.

I migh post some pics of mine. They slip on and off my irons and in the pocket easy during each shot

I use headcovers on all of my clubs for the reasons listed previously. If I am in a cart I place the cover on my seat. If I am walking, I place the cover on the mouth of the bag in among the other clubs so I don’t lose it. My post shot routine (slightly OCD) is to wipe the club face/club head and replace the cover. If I am slowing play, it has nothing to do with my headcovers.:embarrassed:
The style of cover I use has a double magnet closure so they are really easy to remove/replace. As a bonus, the inside of this style of cover is also very easy to clean.

If I were really smart I'd add a strip velcro to the back of my hat and each of my covers.

I always just take mine off and put it into my pocket, iron covers are small enough they're super easy to use.

Nor do I. I understand the protecting investment stuff but I guess they're not for me

For all the talk of the head covers keeping the irons "looking good" can I ask looking good for when? If they are on when you are not hitting the ball, then they are only off for the 30 seconds that you are hitting the ball and you are only really looking at the face and top line of the club at that point.
I guess I don't get it.

I use some sort of hard rubber iron covers. I got them because my irons are forged, and they would clank around fairly hard in a golf cart. Sure, I could just drive slower, but where's the fun in that. I've had them ever since I bought my irons 10 years ago, and I have never lost one, nor have I ever had one come off. They slip clear over the hosel, so I'm pretty sure it would be next to impossible for one to fall off.

I know there's been plenty of discussion in the past about iron covers, and whether it annoys one person or another to watch someone take them on or off. It takes me all of 1 second to take one off, and 3 seconds to put one on. I personally don't think that is any significant amount of time to get worked up about, and I've never had anyone complain to me about it. Maybe they're just being polite though.

~Rock

never used, not for me

I shrouded my new Tour Preferred MC's with these covers I got at my local sporting goods store (Dunhams). They're not pretty but they do their job very well:

attachment.php

I'd love it if my opponent didn't take me seriously because of the covers. He'll have to live with the public humiliation of losing to a guy with covers on his irons.

Last edited:
I put on some cheap iron covers today that I got on sale at a local sporting goods store (Dunhams) to see if I like them. I just played and they weren't a pain to use. I always threaten to get covers just after I get a new set of irons, but this is the first time I actually did. Maybe because it's my first set of Tour Preferred irons. They may be fugly with big numbers but they do the job and I already can't imagine not using them.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Actually bidding on a set atm, will see how I like them. Mainly getting them for when the bag goes traveling. I currently put foam wrap around them and though it does the job, it is bulky.

An additional benefit to headcovers that has not been listed is that spouses/significant others won't notice the shiny new clubs in your bag.

Err, not that I would know anything about that of course.:angel:

Nope, just cause I get forged irons doesn't mean my balls fall off.

LMAO!!
I fixed it so I don't have to deal with covers except on the big clubs, and even those I had the socks shortened to about 6" so they slide on and off real quick and easy. I only use them because the white finish chips if you don't.
I tried iron covers once. They were such a pain I didn't use them for long. Pulling covers off and on for every shot just ain't for me.

Last edited:
An additional benefit to headcovers that has not been listed is that spouses/significant others won't notice the shiny new clubs in your bag.

Err, not that I would know anything about that of course.:angel:

We have a BINGO lol!
I start out with covers. As I use the club I don't put it back on during
The round.

Nor do I. I understand the protecting investment stuff but I guess they're not for me

I use them for all the reasons listed but mainly i don't like the bag chatter and when i go to resell them
I tend to get more $$$ the nicer they look.

Back