The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice seeing these junior thp'ers starting college. Y'all are going to be eaten alive. Haha

Ah, I gotcha. I understand that one completely.
Buddy, pal, and dude will set me off like no other. You may not like me, but you'll respect me in my classroom. I could care less about what you say to your friends after, but in there, you're mine. Haha

Angry Teacher. hahaha
Truth. Its not a democracy in my classes, its a true dictatorship. If they behave and understand that, then they get rewarded, if not...well...

I'm genuinely terrified. And excited. My parents are hating it. They are worried about me blowing my scholarship. If they read my posts here, they might get a little more worried, haha.
It's nice seeing these junior thp'ers starting college. Y'all are going to be eaten alive. Haha

Haha, Frank speaks the truth.
Buddy, pal, and dude will set me off like no other. You may not like me, but you'll respect me in my classroom. I could care less about what you say to your friends after, but in there, you're mine. Haha

Truth. Its not a democracy in my classes, its a true dictatorship. If they behave and understand that, then they get rewarded, if not...well...
What if a student gave you a "Chief" or "Boss".

I'm genuinely terrified. And excited. My parents are hating it. They are worried about me blowing my scholarship. If they read my posts here, they might get a little more worried, haha.

Life is about to smack you across the face, hard

Jman with the first LessonOfTheDay video haha! I hear you though.. I give the turds in the drive thru very awkward, strange stares when they call me buddy or something like that haha!

What if a student gave you a "Chief" or "Boss".

I shudder to think about it LOL! Even the kids I'm super fond of would get it. Sad thing with this one is he is a sophomore in a freshman class that failed my class last year and did it to be funny for all the freshmen...that backfired...badly.

Explain. Not arguing with you at all, but we youngsters hear this almost constantly, but very rarely is it described to us in what way.

I don't get this either, as a recent college grad I didn't experience this at all. I had the best four years of my life. Went to parties, drank too much, missed a class or two, but managed some pretty darn good grades and got accepted into grad school. I just don't understand why people say this as if to somehow scare incoming freshman

I don't get this either, as a recent college grad I didn't experience this at all. I had the best four years of my life. Went to parties, drank too much, missed a class or two, but managed some pretty darn good grades and got accepted into grad school. I just don't understand why people say this as if to somehow scare incoming freshman

Possibly because it was THEIR experience? Just a wild hunch there.

Plus, Frank went to school for like, 24 years LOL

College is awesome but there is an adjustment period. All the responsibility is on you. Some people do well. Som struggle.

Ah.

Here's hoping I am one of the former.
College is awesome but there is an adjustment period. All the responsibility is on you. Some people do well. Som struggle.

8 years of college 5 years of residency. 25 total years since first grade.

I bought some new grays anatomy scrubs for work. They are comfy. Beating nurses off with a stick (kidding) but they are nice.

College is a hell of a lot more fun when you aren't online all the time. I didn't even have a computer. I went to a lab to use one.

This^^^[SUB] thank goodness the internet or computers without punch cards weren't around in my day!
[/SUB]

I bought some new grays anatomy scrubs for work. They are comfy. Beating nurses off with a stick (kidding) but they are nice.
I wish I could wear scrubs.
College is a hell of a lot more fun when you aren't online all the time. I didn't even have a computer. I went to a lab to use one.
I agree dude. I remember my first weekend at College, it sure as hell wasnt spent online.

I'll have mine with me, but doubtless I won't be using it as much as I do now. I am not going to be the recluse I was for a good part of my high school life.

Cmon now guys, no reason to chase traffic away from THP. It is a golf forum after all.

I think college kids party on The Facebook now. They don't even leave the dorm.

Kevin

I'm looking forward to the Fall TV season. Last Resort, Revolution, Walking Dead; it looks like some good shows are going to be on.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back