2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that when talking to my gf about the event.. Only 12 spots left!! Better make sure I am on top of everything to have a chance.

Again, congrats Howzat and wake, you guys deserve the opportunity.

I am anxiously awaiting every detail that is yet to come out. Where will this event be? Date? Involved companies? And biggest of all I can't wait to see who the other lucky SOB's will be who get to join us in the Morgan Cup.

I played with Danny on Saturday, and it was just so freakin cool checking out all of his gear.

I just realized that when talking to my gf about the event.. Only 12 spots left!! Better make sure I am on top of everything to have a chance.

Again, congrats Howzat and wake, you guys deserve the opportunity.
Yeah was talking to buckjob about being down to 12 already

I'm sure I probably missed this somewhere in the 2.0 thread. Does the MC utilize the handicapping system to tally scores?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I'm sure I probably missed this somewhere in the 2.0 thread. Does the MC utilize the handicapping system to tally scores?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

If you are referring to GHIN handicaps, etc - then no, handicaps are not utilized in the Morgan Cup at all, just like a professional event where everyone is equal (Ryder Cup for example).

Tapping till 12-21-2012

No, the scores are gross scores...handicaps can be taken into account by the captains for match-up purposes, but the scores are not adjusted for them for the event in the past.

If you are referring to GHIN handicaps, etc - then no, handicaps are not utilized in the Morgan Cup at all, just like a professional event where everyone is equal (Ryder Cup for example).

No, the scores are gross scores...handicaps can be taken into account by the captains for match-up purposes, but the scores are not adjusted for them for the event in the past.

Cool. Thanks guys.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Yeah was talking to buckjob about being down to 12 already

And most of the spots taken already are returning players so they will already have the experience advantage.

Question - Do all of the returning players get an entirely new club deal? (assuming that's still part of the event).

And most of the spots taken already are returning players so they will already have the experience advantage.

Question - Do all of the returning players get an entirely new club deal? (assuming that's still part of the event).

All information such as this will be available when details for the next event are announced.

All information such as this will be available when details for the next event are announced.

I kinda assumed that would be the answer. :) Ever think of going into politics?

if THP gave me 14 sticks with a rock tied to the end of them, i'd still go in a heartbeat.

if THP gave me 14 sticks with a rock tied to the end of them, i'd still go in a heartbeat.

That could be arranged, you know....we can't have Team Hackers winning 2 years in a row. :wink:

Just a guess on my part: it will be some time before we learn about how the remaining spots in the next Morgan Cup will be filled. Things like location and dates will probably come out first.

That could be arranged, you know....we can't have Team Hackers winning 2 years in a row. :wink:

Just a guess on my part: it will be some time before we learn about how the remaining spots in the next Morgan Cup will be filled. Things like location and dates will probably come out first.

i already like both the other teams' chances and they only have 2 a side! (allegedly)
but they better pack a lunch, cuz Team Hackers is a wiry bunch.

I am anxiously awaiting every detail that is yet to come out. Where will this event be? Date? Involved companies? And biggest of all I can't wait to see who the other lucky SOB's will be who get to join us in the Morgan Cup.

I played with Danny on Saturday, and it was just so freakin cool checking out all of his gear.

Just wanted to say congrats again man - you and Howzat deserve it dude!

With the addition of Wake to the already stellar line up, 2013 is shaping up to be EPIC. I'm not saying anything we don't already know, but I get all excited thinking about what is coming down the pike.

i already like both the other teams' chances and they only have 2 a side! (allegedly)
but they better pack a lunch, cuz Team Hackers is a wiry bunch.

We're wiry! love that reference Tyler

So you consider yourself wiry...works for me, that's means I am too.

I have a self image of myself from 20 years ago. Skinny with a full head of hair and good knees. hahaha

I am out on this then, I wouldnt ever be referred to as wiry hehe

With the addition of Wake to the already stellar line up, 2013 is shaping up to be EPIC. I'm not saying anything we don't already know, but I get all excited thinking about what is coming down the pike.

I'd love to see you get in Freddie! You would be an excellent Morgan Cupper from the get go. You would do a top notch job repping your OEM & THP. The input and dedication you show on this site, are second to none. Man I would vote for ya in a heartbeat, if it was open to public opinion :thumb:

I'd love to see you get in Freddie! You would be an excellent Morgan Cupper from the get go. You would do a top notch job repping your OEM & THP. The input and dedication you show on this site, are second to none. Man I would vote for ya in a heartbeat, if it was open to public opinion :thumb:

I think you would find a 2nd and 3rd and 4th.....and on a long way down the THP family that would strongly agree with that statement there OG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back