Euro soccer 2012-13 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see what happens with Parker.. he is out for no less than 1-2 months after surgery.

AVB has been playing almost exclusively in the 4-3-2-1 in the preseason... looks like he wants a porto attack system.

If any league is suited to his style of attack, it's the Premiership. He just needs the right players to make it happen but if he ever gets them it should be great.

My Top 4 prediction:

1. Man U
2. Man C
3. Chelski
4. Liverpool

Two concerns there
A: While Utd will likely pull a rabbit out of their behinds again as they did last year I think they can be attacked more effectively this year. Sure, Vidic is back which will help a bunch but they've got two holes.
1: Who's winning the ball in midfield? Probably nobody which means the defense is going to have to absorb more attacks then they would probably like
2: Left back. Evra's been great for so long but he clearly lost a step last year and likely will again this year. Who's going to be his backup as well? They sent the LB twin out on loan to QPR.

I'm sure Fergie will prove me wrong but I could see Utd dropping a solitary place.

Chelsea this year will be interesting. If De Matteo can get the young'un's to settle in quick they could be really, really dangerous. If they can't it's going to be tricky woo. I also worry about their D being a year older and the RB position.

Pool, I don't see in 4th either. Rodgers will get them going but it's going to take a fair bit and some more then modest player change I suspect. I'd call this season a project for Pool with the real results next year. With the expected inconsistencies I'd probably gamble on 5th. I think Newcastle pips them this year and probably pips Chelsea as well.

My top half of the table for the season:
City
Arsenal
Utd
Newcastle
Chelsea
Tottenham
Pool
Everton
Swans
Sunderland

Im dreading the start to the season and will wait till the transfer window closes before i get hyped this year as an Everton fan our season normally starts around xmas anyhow. :/

Poor Everton fans. If your team could play all season like they do after Xmas you would be world beaters. It'll be interesting to see what the loss of Cahill does to the team.

OFFICIAL: Van Persie to go to ManU on transfer from Arsenal.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-for-van-persie-transfer

Good piece of business by Wenger, as much as RVP had an unreal season, it was a career year. 24M for a striker with a one solid year and an injury plagued career is risky. I agree with Tuna and Gunner fans will laugh at RVP when they finish ahead of him in the table. Cazorla, Podolski and Giroux will be more than suitable replacements and only cost 8M after this deal.

If any league is suited to his style of attack, it's the Premiership. He just needs the right players to make it happen but if he ever gets them it should be great.

Two concerns there
A: While Utd will likely pull a rabbit out of their behinds again as they did last year I think they can be attacked more effectively this year. Sure, Vidic is back which will help a bunch but they've got two holes.
1: Who's winning the ball in midfield? Probably nobody which means the defense is going to have to absorb more attacks then they would probably like
2: Left back. Evra's been great for so long but he clearly lost a step last year and likely will again this year. Who's going to be his backup as well? They sent the LB twin out on loan to QPR.

I'm sure Fergie will prove me wrong but I could see Utd dropping a solitary place.

Chelsea this year will be interesting. If De Matteo can get the young'un's to settle in quick they could be really, really dangerous. If they can't it's going to be tricky woo. I also worry about their D being a year older and the RB position.

Pool, I don't see in 4th either. Rodgers will get them going but it's going to take a fair bit and some more then modest player change I suspect. I'd call this season a project for Pool with the real results next year. With the expected inconsistencies I'd probably gamble on 5th. I think Newcastle pips them this year and probably pips Chelsea as well.

My top half of the table for the season:
City
Arsenal
Utd
Newcastle
Chelsea
Tottenham
Pool
Everton
Swans
Sunderland

Poor Everton fans. If your team could play all season like they do after Xmas you would be world beaters. It'll be interesting to see what the loss of Cahill does to the team.

I agree with a lot you have said. Except for Arsenal over ManU in the standings. Think they'll slip into 2nd myself. If City doesn't take that top spot, I'll be shocked.

I am getting so pumped for Saturday. A bunch of pals and I rented out a room at a local liverpool supporting pub (they will have to live with me wearing my hotspurs shirt).

WBA is up 3-0 on Liverpool with 6 minutes left. Shocker there.

I actually feel sorry for Liverpool fans today

I actually feel sorry for Liverpool fans today

They will win plenty this year. I like seeing upsets, unless it's against City!

What a day to open the league.

Fulham must be saying Dempsey who right about now.
Norwich get's canned 5-Nil and their goalie was still the best player on the pitch. Should have been 10-zip.
Swans looked really, really good today. We'll see how Laudrup does, but it's started promising.

19 million euro's for Song to go from Arsenal to Barca as well. That's a really pricy backup considering Barca already has Biscuits and Masch.

COME ON CITY!

I feel bad for Dempsey. First, His club fabricates a story about him refusing to play. Then, Fulham fans start chanting"Are you watching Clint Dempsey?" after they score their forth goal. Then, Martin Jol calls Dempsey out. I feel bad for the guy. Let him go to a Champions League side and none of this would've happened. He's a class player and I hope he succeeds at Liverpool, Everton, or Tottenham.

Frigging Arsenal blew that game yesterday. Should won three nil.

I wonder if Southampton is going to be this year's Wolverhampton.

City damn near blew this one. Their defenders sucked: they directly led to both of Southampton's goals, they couldn't get the ball cleared.

Not sure why Silva took that penalty kick that was missed, instead of Tevez.

I'm watching Everton-ManU, it's been a very active first 25 minutes, and Everton actually looks pretty good. Interesting to see Van Persie on the bench with Welbeck and Rooney up top for ManU.

I'm watching Everton-ManU, it's been a very active first 25 minutes, and Everton actually looks pretty good. Interesting to see Van Persie on the bench with Welbeck and Rooney up top for ManU.

Just got back home and turned it on too. I am an Everton fan today.

It was a bit sad for the Hotspurs. I think we played very well for about 80 minutes of the match... its a shame we hit the post/cross bar 3 times. What is evident though is what I said earlier: We need a better striker. I don't care if it is Adabeyor; we just need someone better than Defoe and Kane.

It was a bit sad for the Hotspurs. I think we played very well for about 80 minutes of the match... its a shame we hit the post/cross bar 3 times. What is evident though is what I said earlier: We need a better striker. I don't care if it is Adabeyor; we just need someone better than Defoe and Kane.

I don't think Ade is actually a good choice for Spurs. That game showed pretty clearly that pressing up the pitch is how AVB is going to get Spur's to play and Ade is far, far to lazy on the defensive side of the ball for that style. He'd be a good Plan B but at a pretty big premium considering his wages. They could do better IMO but they need to do it soon. Defoe isn't going to be enough.

Looks like the Modric saga is pretty much over though. He's holed up in a Madrid hotel awaiting the results from his medical test.

I don't think Ade is actually a good choice for Spurs. That game showed pretty clearly that pressing up the pitch is how AVB is going to get Spur's to play and Ade is far, far to lazy on the defensive side of the ball for that style. He'd be a good Plan B but at a pretty big premium considering his wages. They could do better IMO but they need to do it soon. Defoe isn't going to be enough.

Looks like the Modric saga is pretty much over though. He's holed up in a Madrid hotel awaiting the results from his medical test.

True... my point is, however, that I would take Ade over Defoe. Of course, ultimately I would much rather have a striker that has great ability and range. Speaking of Laziness... Kane was in for 10 minutes, but he acted like he had just finished running a marathon. He was lathargic.

Also... I was quite happy with the 4-2-3-1 in "real" play.

I want the Clint Dempsey saga to be over. Come on Fulham, get on with it and let him go someplace else. Heck, send him to Spurs so that interlooper is happy.

True... my point is, however, that I would take Ade over Defoe. Of course, ultimately I would much rather have a striker that has great ability and range. Speaking of Laziness... Kane was in for 10 minutes, but he acted like he had just finished running a marathon. He was lathargic.

Also... I was quite happy with the 4-2-3-1 in "real" play.

Fair enough. Defoe's certainly spritely but just doesn't seem to have the overall touch.

4/2/3/1 is by far my favorite formation as long as all the midfielders buy in and know what they're suppose to do.

I want the Clint Dempsey saga to be over. Come on Fulham, get on with it and let him go someplace else. Heck, send him to Spurs so that interlooper is happy.

Amen to that. It's such an ordeal.

Everton goes up 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back