Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial (Spoilers)

niteowl03

Reaction score
Handicap
A 2yr old
Ill be heading out to the Pro-Am tomorrow and then be attending on Sunday. I have attended here every year since I was 10 and love this tournament. Glad to see Corey Pavin playing this year as well!!

Don't forget to set those rosters for this weeks tournament. My lineup is set and hopefully I can continue my rise up the rankings.

Last edited:
Have fun out there man!

My team is set for the weekend...need a winner in a bad way seeing I am slumping back in the 67th spot.

Need to get into the top 50 again after this week.

Just remembered to set my team.

ran to the computer bright and early today to get my losing picks in

I've been slowly going the wrong way again. Now at 75th I think after reaching a high of 54th a few weeks ago. Need some good picks this week!

I have #1, #2 and #3 at the moment, can we just quit now?

looks like the morning wave is tearing that place apart. birdies every where.

way to take palmer out of your lineup #dummy

Starting to think I should have picked more Hoffman(n)s. Went with a few longer shots, so maybe one of them will find their stroke this week.

Thank you Ryan Palmer for carrying my roster again!!!

Is it just me or is Rickie just going through the motions? Looks like there is no emotion in his game right now

Every, Dejonge and Petterssen for me, thats about it

I have 2 that have definitely missed the cut, Dufner is a maybe. Sitting at 1st, 2 T-9, T-29th, 2 T-40th, T-52nd and then Dufner at T-64th with 2 to go.

All of mine survived the cut....and right now I have Kuchar and 4 more guys inside the top 10...so far so good.

ebe3yjy9.jpg

Prime scoring conditions today! Soft greens and no wind.

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Jeff Overton was disqualified midway through the third round of the Colonial on Saturday for illegally using a putting aid during play.

PGA Tour officials say Overton used an aid on a nearby practice green after playing the ninth hole while waiting to tee off at No. 10.

Going to the practice area is permissible during a round, but use of artificial or instructional devices isn't. The penalty is disqualification.

Rules official Mark Russell says it's unfortunate but that the rule is "clear as day."

Overton was 4 under for the tournament, seven strokes off the lead, when a PGA Tour official approached Overton after he teed off at the 11th hole. Russell says another player had asked officials about the use of the device.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/ap-news/overton-dqd-colonial-using-putting-aid#ixzz2UL4J7wLY

Jeff Overton ‏@JeffOvertonPGA2h
3 group back up at the turn. Rules official tells me we can practice chipping and putting. Disqualified for using my practice putting aid!

I don't get why Overton is playing the "not my fault" card. He only said you could use the practice green. Take responsibility for not knowing the rules.

I don't get why Overton is playing the "not my fault" card. He only said you could use the practice green. Take responsibility for not knowing the rules.

Yeah, he's definitely letting the emotions out on twitter.

Yeah, he's definitely letting the emotions out on twitter.

I just don't understand why it seems so many pros break a rule, then complain about not being aware of the rule...........stupid.

I just don't understand why it seems so many pros break a rule, then complain about not being aware of the rule...........stupid.

I can't believe practicing mid round is even discussed in the rule book.

Big hiccup by overton, just own up and take your lumps.

Back