Voice Caddie GPS Review Thread

I think I remember reading something about switching holes too. I'll figure it out. I considered trying a power off and back on but then I just decided to see what happened on 16 and sure enough, it found me.

I'm going to upload the Tournament Club of Iowa for the Des Moines outing so people can check it out with me down there.

Nice recap Jake! I have also seen my Bushnell device have the same issue with holes that run parallel so I think it's pretty common.

Are you able to control the volume with this? Wondering if it would ever bother a playing partner of yours while it is providing data.

Nice recap Jake! I have also seen my Bushnell device have the same issue with holes that run parallel so I think it's pretty common.

Are you able to control the volume with this? Wondering if it would ever bother a playing partner of yours while it is providing data.
Yes you have a volume control. It's actually not all that loud. I have had to get down right next to it to be able to hear it well. Oh...wait. I was using it on my bad ear. Duh!

Nah kidding...it really isn't all that loud, but seems to be loud enough but you can turn it down if needed.

Great recap Jake. I agree with it looking odd on the cap and hopefully you can figure out how to force it to switch holes.

It seems to be a very convienent device so hopefully you continue to see success, I can see myself using something as easy as this for my yardages.

Jake, is the sound level very loud or is it adjustable?
I'm concerned with hitting the button about the time someone in the group is trying to hit.
I don't think I would like the unit on my hat either.

Jake, is the sound level very loud or is it adjustable?
I'm concerned with hitting the button about the time someone in the group is trying to hit.
I don't think I would like the unit on my hat either.

Look up about 3 posts. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice quick review Jake. Sounds like this little guy does a great job.

Jake did it say if was water resistant? Also can you take a pic of the clip? Or just tell me if it is metal or plastic? Did you try it around the greens at all for short yardages?

Freddie, sorry I just saw your question. It is a metal clip, I'll get a pic for you. I have used it on real short shots just to test it, today I had 17 yards to the center when I had my push cart parked in front of the green.

Here's a video today so you can hear the voice. I think it's great myself.

Here's where the shot ended up. I'm just showing off....ha!

[video=youtube;l5kQ-ARc8sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kQ-ARc8sQ&feature=share&list=UUdFCyOk2QZO8wAAbTi_hDfQ[/video]

Nice shot Jake, so.....did you make it?

Nice shot Jake, and thanks for the sound clip.

That voice is super annoying, I was assuming it would be a bit lower pitched and a bit less, I dont know, "chirpy/peppy?"

​That voice, sheesh...thanks for the answers Jake

Nice shot Jake, and thanks for the sound clip.

That voice is super annoying, I was assuming it would be a bit lower pitched and a bit less, I dont know, "chirpy/peppy?"
That voice is so similar to any little girls toy that talks. I find it hilarious.

​That voice, sheesh...thanks for the answers Jake
I forgot to answer the question about water resistance. I haven't seen anything mention either on their website or in the info that came with the GPS so I'm guessing it's not.

Here's a pic taken from the Voice Caddie website of the back clip. That's a magnetic ball marker on it too.

Capture-19.png

That's a cool looking ball marker. I still don't see how anyone could rock this on their hat. It just looks so awkward, but I like it on the cart and how easy it is to just click it as you are preparing for your shot, grabbing your club and hitting it

Yes I definitely like it on the cart. The other day I had it hooked to my bag, but today I hooked it where you saw in the video. Both spots were fine. It is pretty simple and seems to be quite accurate so far as well. I've used it now on both the front and back 9 at my course and other than that one spot where it got lost between 14 and 15 it hasn't had any issues at all.

Jake, is it embarassing to have that thing talking when you're playing with friends? I know that sounds odd, but I think you'll know what I mean. I've reviewed some things that I wasn't exicted about pulling out in front of the guys.

Jake, is it embarassing to have that thing talking when you're playing with friends? I know that sounds odd, but I think you'll know what I mean. I've reviewed some things that I wasn't exicted about pulling out in front of the guys.
I was a little embarrassed at first but then just had a little chuckle about it and we went on to test how accurate it was. Then I started messing with one of the guys I was playing with, pushing the button while he was addressing his ball...things like that. We had fun with it.

You should have seen the look this old guy at my club gave me when I walked up wearing this glove:

pic11.jpg

You should have seen the look this old guy at my club gave me when I walked up wearing this glove:

pic11.jpg
Haha, yeah I've taken some real doozers out there with me and people were like....huh?! It's good for them to see it's not all brand new sets of irons and drivers here....we test it all! I enjoy a lot of these kind of reviews though. I genuinely like this Voice Caddie. I didn't use my laser range finder once today, VC only and I shot a even par 36. Can't argue with that!

You can't argue with that at all. I think we sometimes have more information than we really need and something like this helps with that. Keep it simple.

Excellent recap p4b. Very interesting piece of equipment. I wonder if anyone has looked at, or if there is, a gps that has display on it, that will also talk, so people can use both parts of it. Ie: when riding in cart or waiting, can check the display but if selecting club and want to know a quick distance it can just say it aloud?

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Back