Who sleeps with their smartphone, within reach?

This reminds me. Where the hell is my phone?

Kevin

I have an automatic setting that turns all notifications off at 10:30 and back on at 7:00. Since we don't have a land line, it's important I still have my phone nearby, but I want nothing to do with the email and text notifications at night.

I, also, use it as an alarm if I have to get up earlier than normal and when I'm on the road.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I tend to leave my phone next to me in the bed when I sleep. Frightened the life out of me when it rings a few times

I use my phone for an alarm clock and as soon as I wake up I check my email and THP.

I don't have a smart phone, but on the nights I don't need to charge the phone, I keep it on my night table. So four nights a week, usually. We don't have a house phone anymore so just in case, I need to be able to hear it.

I keep a charger for it on my nightstand so it is there overnight. I have it set to do an auto on/off from 10:00 until 5:00 anyway. I like to have it there when I wake up to check the morning headlines when I'm getting ready in the morning. I sleep pretty sound so I wouldn't hear it anyway.

I also have a smartphone for work and that one stays in the kitchen from when I get home until I leave in the morning. When I get home that is my time and work can wait until the next day. Nothing I can do about anything from home after hours anyway.

Phone is on nightstand. Being divorced with kids, you just never know.

iPad is also on nightstand. THP & WWF before going to bed and first thing in the morning when I wake up, hook up to the TENS unit, & coffee is delivered to bedside by the wife. No BS!

I sleep with my iPhone within reach because it's my alarm clock as well!!!

Phone is usually no where near me at night. Usually don't even have ringer on so I wouldn't even know if it rings. Ipad on nightstand because usually on THP before bed.

Have it on the night stand for alarm only, everything else is set to silent. Unless my little man is with his mom, then the phone is also on just in case.

Tapped with LTEVO

My phone stays in the kitchen to charge but my iPad comes up with me mostly because I have the kindle app on it and read before bed. There's a chance I've been known to check THP before bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I leave it in my home study, last look is at 10PM then no access until 530AM. I'm glued to the thing in my waking hours, no need to ruin a few good hours sleep with the temptation of scanning it.

I usually have my smartphone on the floor next to me... then i will have my ipod on, so i can fall asleep watching a movie. I have trouble falling asleep in a silent room.

I have a separate non-smart cellphone I keep near for calls, and as a clock. I am never tempted to play with it instead of going back to sleep if I wake up in the night.

I'm another one who uses it as my alarm clock, so it's on my night stand. I browse THP before bed with it too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

We don't have a land line, so its usually on the night stand charging. Once I lay down to sleep, I hardly every hear it go off for other stuff except the ringer.

While i still have a landline phone - my cell # is the one i give out to most folks. I just leave it on the counter in the master bath plugged every night.

When i was working i would check my email if i got up during the night.

Now the problem is - if I check my e-mail there is bound to be a notice that one of my THP threads has updated -and of course we all know what happens then!!!

I have to take calls at all times of the night so I am with my phone 24/7

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I do, but only because its also my alarm clock.

What does having your phone next to you have to do with getting a good nights sleep?

iPhone and iPad both on night stand charging. Keep them plugged in so they'll sync to the cloud every night and also use the phone as my alarm clock.

I use mine for "white noise app", and "nightstand app". I use the noise when in a hotel, and either for my alarm...

Within reach, no matter where I am sleeping. If someone needs to get in touch with me in the middle of the night, it is important, and I need to hear the phone ring...

Back