What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough day for me, played a new course that is 74.5/129, covered in water, and though not very long at 6800, it's long for me because I'm not a driving machine, I use a 3w almost exclusively to keep my ball in the short stuff. I finished with a 95 and it beat me to death out there, fast greens, blind shots, and me generally being a hack just killed it for me. I was really hoping to break 90 out there.

It's a nice place though and not a lot more expensive to join than my current club so I think next month I'm going to become a member.

played Black Bear Golf Club in Franklin, NJ, par 72. played from black tees (6673 yards, 72.9/130) and shot a 35(-1)/40(+4) with 30 putts, 9 GIRs, 6 FIRs. could've been MUCH lower however they just punched/top dressed the greens so it was like putting on a Connect Four board. Had a very interesting start though...went bogey, eagle, bogey...lol

How'd you like the course dude? The greens have been in amazing shape all year, so it sucks you played when it got punched. Good score btw. That's a solid front 9 there.

How'd you like the course dude? The greens have been in amazing shape all year, so it sucks you played when it got punched. Good score btw. That's a solid front 9 there.

Lol i've played there 3 times and average 75. i love the layout and usually the greens are phenomenal. i called two days ago, asking if they've aerated yet; "nope, they're rolling well". i get there to find out they look/roll AWFUL. I hit driver/3hybrid to 10 feet and made the eagle putt on the 506 yard par 5 second hole, then finished the driver/PW on the 445 yard par 4 9th hole...to say that i'm in love with my Razr Fit is an understatement. i'm playing Glenbrook in Stroudsburg tomorrow with my pops...hope those greens aren't bad... :-/

72 and 77 today with a bunch of THPers out in Indiana. I was some kind of exhausted about halfway through the second 18.. Too much sun for this guy.

Great fun though. THPers are awesome!

72 and 77 today with a bunch of THPers out in Indiana. I was some kind of exhausted about halfway through the second 18.. Too much sun for this guy.

Did you win?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Lol i've played there 3 times and average 75. i love the layout and usually the greens are phenomenal. i called two days ago, asking if they've aerated yet; "nope, they're rolling well". i get there to find out they look/roll AWFUL. I hit driver/3hybrid to 10 feet and made the eagle putt on the 506 yard par 5 second hole, then finished the driver/PW on the 445 yard par 4 9th hole...to say that i'm in love with my Razr Fit is an understatement. i'm playing Glenbrook in Stroudsburg tomorrow with my pops...hope those greens aren't bad... :-/

Cool. That second hole is some sort of easy. I've feasted on that hole (too bad it's the only one I have, lol). I think my last 3 rounds on that hole I've gone birdie, par, birdie.

Those are two great scores right there, and I wouldn't shoot even close to a 77 when exhausted!

Tough day for me, played a new course that is 74.5/129, covered in water, and though not very long at 6800, it's long for me because I'm not a driving machine, I use a 3w almost exclusively to keep my ball in the short stuff. I finished with a 95 and it beat me to death out there, fast greens, blind shots, and me generally being a hack just killed it for me. I was really hoping to break 90 out there.

It's a nice place though and not a lot more expensive to join than my current club so I think next month I'm going to become a member.

Sounds like me.....but we will get better!

I shot a 117 & 123 at White Clay Creek CC. Definitely the hardest course I have played and I think I lost a ball in every hazard posible. But I still had a great time, and the carts have GPSs there which is so cool.

Those are two great scores right there, and I wouldn't shoot even close to a 77 when exhausted!

Yeah man, the 72 really pleased me. My driver sits 2 degrees open which apparently = fade after 35 holes hahhaa

Last two rounds shot 79 and 74.

The 79 was a very tough course. Losts of elevation changes and side hill and uphill/downhill lies in the fairways. Three birdies offset by 3 3 putts. Played ok, wasted some good shots.

The 74 also had 3 3 putts. Really wasted a potentially great round and had just a good round. Only one bad drive and made a great par save. Lots of good drives and a few great ones. Oh well.

Last two rounds shot 79 and 74.

The 79 was a very tough course. Losts of elevation changes and side hill and uphill/downhill lies in the fairways. Three birdies offset by 3 3 putts. Played ok, wasted some good shots.

The 74 also had 3 3 putts. Really wasted a potentially great round and had just a good round. Only one bad drive and made a great par save. Lots of good drives and a few great ones. Oh well.

Wow those are great scores. What courses did you play.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I shot a 117 & 123 at White Clay Creek CC. Definitely the hardest course I have played and I think I lost a ball in every hazard posible. But I still had a great time, and the carts have GPSs there which is so cool.

I played WCC with Buckjob and G4L a while back...tough course. I'm happy I broke 100 there it was tough.

I shot a 5 today............before I got rained out of course. I parred the first hole and then down came the rain. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

I played WCC with Buckjob and G4L a while back...tough course. I'm happy I broke 100 there it was tough.

I hear ya. I think today I played my best rounds. I was trying to play smart and lay up all over the place but still wound up launching balls into the water and other hazards. I had a 14 on one hole and multiple 10s lol.

This was yesterday.

For the first time ever, and also a new personal best, I BROKE PAR!

70.jpg

So excited!

26 total putts
57% fairways
55.6% Girs
up and down 7/9 times (key stat saving par!)

I left 2-3 short putts out there and wasn't able to convert 1 up and down so I know this round could have been ever better.

My goal is to be a real scratch soon (currently 5.4 after 3.5 yrs of playing!)

Anyways, hoping this keeps up. Now I'm off to go practice...[/QUOTE

Congrats on your Major Accomplishment. That was a wonderful round you played and you should be proud!
The hardest thing you will find from this is to try to back it up with another low round!
Again as I said before congrats, you should be proud of yourself.

Congrats Daniel, awesome accomplishment man!

Wow, awesome round Dtak. Way to go.

great round congrats!!!!!

WTG Dtak!!!!!

Spectacular, dtak.

Great rounds Dtak and thepete. Good luck tomorrow Pete!

Congrats , I got some extra putts if ya' need em' Very nice !

Thanks everyone!

Awesome dtak, those elusive 60's are just around the corner.

I hope you're right. Still got some work to do with my game though before I get there I think.

Only my second post Morgan Cup round today....Steele and I traveled to a little muni course that I had never played before about 45 minutes away that is right on the coast....lots of palm trees and wind...it blew 20-25 all day and got stronger at the end....had about a 45 minute rain delay in the middle.

Started really tight but losened up and played much better after the delay.

Shot 46/43 to just sneak in under 90....second 9 was really good except for 2 blow up holes....had a triple and a double and still managed a 43...not shabby for being rusty and never had seen the course before.

Shot a 93 today, 50/43. Personal best on the course was a 95, so I beat it by 2, and only hit 2 fairways and 3 greens. Biggest score on any hole was a 7. First round ever without at least one 8 or 9. Made a 40 footer for my birdie on 17 in the near dark and a 20 footer on 18 for par in the actual dark. All in all, not a bad round for me and one of my best of all time.

95 :(. 49/46 with 6 penalty strokes.

Ouch on those 2 holes Don, you would have been right there if they had only been pars. I actually begin to slide in scoring in late October and early November. Probably 4 strokes worse in the winter than the summer. Good luck tomorrow buddy.

Thanks for the good wishes, today is just for the pleasure of playing golf, at 82 I am 12 shots out of the lead in my flight. It will still be a good day though.

Shot a 40/40, 80 (+8) today.

10 pars and 8 bogeys. Wind had me all over the course today, but was able to drop some putts (28 total putts) to keep my round going.

Shot a 40/40, 80 (+8) today.

10 pars and 8 bogeys. Wind had me all over the course today, but was able to drop some putts (28 total putts) to keep my round going.

Good rollin WE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back