training schedule

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
this summer i really want to try to get better, at everything, specially my wedge game. So all grinders out there, if you have a kind of training schedule, what does it look like? :)

This is my current schedule. It varies week to week but you get the picture.
3-4 days range. 2 hours.
2 days short game. 1-2 hours.
2 days putting. I even putt in my office when time allows.
7 days mental game.

This is my current schedule. It varies week to week but you get the picture.
3-4 days range. 2 hours.
2 days short game. 1-2 hours.
2 days putting. I even putt in my office when time allows.
7 days mental game.

thank you, when doing the range, what do you work on? what kind of putting/chipping drills do you do? :)

I'm currently getting up and going for a swim every weekday morning, and following it up with some time at the local par 3 course.

My current schedule: (I only have about 30 or 45 minutes each day, so unfortunately I can't do more than one thing a day)

Monday: Play or range
Tuesday: Putt
Wednesday: Chip/pitch and sand
Thursday: Putt
Friday: Play or chip/pitch

When I'm on the range, I try to spend my time working on my weaknesses - the things which my pro has identified.

I'm currently getting up and going for a swim every weekday morning, and following it up with some time at the local par 3 course.

My current schedule: (I only have about 30 or 45 minutes each day, so unfortunately I can't do more than one thing a day)

When I'm on the range, I try to spend my time working on my weaknesses - the things which my pro has identified.

looks like a good schedule !! thanks !!

thank you, when doing the range, what do you work on? what kind of putting/chipping drills do you do? :)
Right now my main focus on the range is squaring the club at impact. Kind of hard to explain but just trying to learn where my hands are at impact.

Chipping drills are simple. Just try to hit to a spot on the green and let the ball run to the hole. I only use 3 clubs for chipping.

Back when I would goto a driving range often (35 minutes away from me), I would hit between 1-2 buckets of balls per visit. Of those balls I hit, 50% would be partial wedge shots. It wasn't so much of a training schedule so much as just making sure that I had total muscle memory for 75 yards and in.

~Rock

Man, this is awesome. I need to do this. Very cool. How much has your game improved since you started this schedule?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Man, this is awesome. I need to do this. Very cool. How much has your game improved since you started this schedule?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Well, I only started it about a week and a half ago. It's definitely having a positive impact on my short game.

A large portion of my problems are full swing problems though. Thirty-five years of swing flaws is difficult to undo. However, the sharper my short game gets the less my full-swing problems will hurt.

Back