Has anyone hit the Miyazaki c. Kua 72x shaft?

eponfan

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking of picking one up for my driver and was wondering if any THPers have first-hand experience with this shaft? Any shafts that you can compare it to in terms of feel/performance?

The flex code of 7785 makes me worry that the tip may be too whippy/soft. I have no problem launching the ball high, so I'm not sure if this would be the right shaft for me. My current stats: ~105mph SS, launch angle: ~13-deg., spin rate: ~2800.

Thanks in advance!

It is definitely not too soft based on what I have seen. In fact for me it launches the ball quite low. Question for you though, with your current stats, what are you looking for in a new shaft? The launch numbers seem darn good.

It is definitely not too soft based on what I have seen. In fact for me it launches the ball quite low. Question for you though, with your current stats, what are you looking for in a new shaft? The launch numbers seem darn good.

This. I would even mess with that.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm tempted to give this shaft a whirl, who knows? It may turn out to be a winner.

My current driver setup is my gamer (B'stone J40 430 w/GD Tour AD BB-6s). I have a Covert Tour hopefully coming in this week (there may be a story to post here later) and since it's my first adjustable driver, I thought I would buy a few adapter tips and try shafts in different weights/flexes. I bought my c. Kua 105x hybrid shaft sight unseen and have had phenomenal success with it, so I want to try a Miyazaki in my new driver as well.

I guess. I guess I always looked at it differently. The goal of my clubs is to set me up for lower scores. The goal of my driver specifically, is to find one that matches my swing to give me optimal launch. You have found that. Is it worth changing?

For your swing speed to be able to achieve proper launch angles with the shafts you are playing is astounding. Heavy and extremely stout in flex. Since they are working, I would not change a thing personally.

I guess. I guess I always looked at it differently. The goal of my clubs is to set me up for lower scores. The goal of my driver specifically, is to find one that matches my swing to give me optimal launch. You have found that. Is it worth changing?

For your swing speed to be able to achieve proper launch angles with the shafts you are playing is astounding. Heavy and extremely stout in flex. Since they are working, I would not change a thing personally.

Thanks for the feedback. Coming from a professional such as yourself, it's truly a compliment. :) I'm not sure how I manage it, but the driver has always been a club I hit well.

I'm getting the Covert and a premium shaft to go along with it, as a birthday present. More than anything, given the adjustability of the Covert, I feel I can tinker a bit, just for fun. Purely based on Miyazaki's flex codes, the Kusala Black intrigues me the most. It seems to be softer in the top 2 sections of the shaft, which will hopefully translate to feeling softer in the hands and the bottom 2 sections are rated at a traditional "X-stiff."

What can I say? THP woke up the sleeping club Ho' in me! :alien2:

I just bought one tonight off the 'Bay, hoping it's a winner!

Big thanks to "JB" and "JRod!"

I just bought one tonight off the 'Bay, hoping it's a winner!

Big thanks to "JB" and "JRod!"

Best of luck eponfan! Hopefully you'll keep us updated on how it compares to your current numbers (which appear great).

Best of luck eponfan! Hopefully you'll keep us updated on how it compares to your current numbers (which appear great).

Thanks, will put up a full review when I have it installed next week! However, given that I have a new head/shaft combo., I don't know what sort of numbers I'll generate...I went through an RIP and 2 Mitsubishi shafts before I hit the nail on the head with the Tour AD BB shaft. I bought a FlexLoft adapter for my trusty BB as well, j-i-c.

Back