How many times do you draw or fade the ball during a round?

I have played a draw as my natural shot for my entire golf life. I am so sick of hitting the ball right to left that my New Year's resolution was to play a fade as my primary shot in 2013. A fade has always seemed more controllable and they land so much softer on greens, I hope my resolution works. I agree that players should be able to hit both shots when need be, but I have no idea why so many amateurs get hung up on hitting a draw.

I cant and dont atempt any working with irons. I'm not good enoughr to do it and try to hit straight. My driver however, when I was playing better I use to draw it rather nicely and even just ever so slightly manage to control how much to a very small degree. Of course that was only on days when my driver worked well for me.

But now that I'm trying to get things back to just hitting consistant enough to maintain decent round I just hit straight. I do also realize when unintentionaly hitting a slice on a certain hole or two in a row that I need more wrist rollover and then usually overcompensate and hook it on the next hole. Then I'll get it back straight the next one I hope. At least if nothing else I do have a feel for what I'm doing with the club even though struggle to maintain it so I guess thats a posituve.

Normal shot for me is a 10 yd draw or so. If I try to hit a fade, it goes straight haha. So I only "work" the ball a few times around and that would be either trying to hit a fade or drawing the ball more than 10 yds.

For me it depends on how I'm hitting the ball that day and if the shot requires it.

My swing has worked into a slight natural fade here lately, so I'm trying to keep it grooved that way so I can eliminate one side of the fairway as a miss. I'll try to hit a draw only if there is an obstacle in my way that forces me too.

My irons I never do draw or fade just hit them straight, my driver I have a consistent fade that I like to play.

I'm not trying to work the ball. I'm trying to make the best of what is happening that day which is usually anything from draw to hook. Once in a while I will "double-cross" myself. Line up for the draw/hook and hit fade/slice which really is a killer. Maybe once or twice a day I will try to draw or fade and I have lots more success with the draw than the fade.

I have developed a terrible habit of overworking the ball. By that I mean that I hit a draw or a fade on nearly every shot, even when a straight ball would be best. I spent so much time learning to hit a draw that I can no longer hit the ball straight with any regularity.

The dreaded "double cross" is what costs me the most strokes as well.

I can't draw the ball & my a full swing has a fade more often than not

Every single shot.

Sometimes even on putts, just ask Canadan

Here's a question, how many know what shot it coming?

I finally do, and its really nice. I still sometimes can't control how much draw/fade I get, but I can pretty much set up for a draw or fade, and unless something wacky happens that is pretty much what I am going to get. It is really nice taking a particular side out of play.

I now my ball is going to go left to right. Unfortunately there time when it goes left, but forgets to go right.

but I have no idea why so many amateurs get hung up on hitting a draw.

Because so many amateurs slice the ball, and because they're so hung up on distance and they know a draw goes farther.

Zero. I only worry about hitting it straight

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I hit close to 50 shots per rounds. I would say at least half of them are draws. The rest would be straight or an occasional push

Wake a lot of folks have been working on their games but I am
Impressed with how far you have come. Keep it up!

three wood and three hybrid a draw...irons a baby fade ...can make trying to think the way round the course a little hard , but at least its consistant.....

I naturally hit a draw, but some late swing changes last summer have straightened the flight of my ball a bit.

Wake a lot of folks have been working on their games but I am
Impressed with how far you have come. Keep it up!

Thanks Freddie, the swing has really come along, but the short game has sunk well below its previously unimpressive level. That is up next.

I hit close to 50 shots per rounds. I would say at least half of them are draws. The rest would be straight or an occasional push

I need to track how many full swings I actually make during a round. I figured I usually score int he mid 80s with mid 30 putts. Leaving 50 shots. I figured 10-15 shots were within wedge distance, so only 35 full swings. I really don't know if that is accurate or not.

Is a draw still a draw if it is unintentional?

Of course. Draw refers to the shape of the shot, not the intent.

On purpose?

Back