How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?

How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?

• 10 to 15 Seconds

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • 15 to 30 Seconds

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • more than 30 seconds

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tedfroop

One eyed and left handed
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 10.8
You are in a group of four playing a course none of you are familiar with and there are no yardage cards available. You get to the third tee and its a sharp dogleg left. How long does it take you to play your tee shot?

Playing public courses has primed me to get up, square up, fire. Typically a good judge of distance and how I will need to shape the shot.

I think anybody who says it takes less than 30 seconds is kidding themselves. You have to get your bag, walk to the tee, tee up your ball, pick an aim point and go. Let say you don't take any practice swing or have any pres shot routine of any sort, I still think it would take around 30 seconds.

I think anybody who says it takes less than 30 seconds is kidding themselves. You have to get your bag, walk to the tee, tee up your ball, pick an aim point and go. Let say you don't take any practice swing or have any pres shot routine of any sort, I still think it would take around 30 seconds.
I was more thinking about when I am waiting for someone else to hit, then it's my turn. I like to have everything ready to go, that way when someone else hits, I can step up and pull the trigger.

I was more thinking about when I am waiting for someone else to hit, then it's my turn. I like to have everything ready to go, that way when someone else hits, I can step up and pull the trigger.

This. While I wait for my turn I make my club choice and its already out of the bag. As soon as they hit I take my one practice swing and then hit. No more that 20 seconds.

That's what I was thinking too. On the tee, whoever hits first would naturally take longer than people who already have their club and are waiting.

I don't have much of a pre shot routine so I would like to think I'm quick. If I tee off first probably 15-30 if I tee off 3rd or 4th under 15. Just a guess. I'm going to time myself one day.

Probably 60-75 seconds. Maybe more.

You count slow

You count slow

Coming from probably the fastest player I've ever played with!! Haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This. While I wait for my turn I make my club choice and its already out of the bag. As soon as they hit I take my one practice swing and then hit. No more that 20 seconds.

Same with me - 25 seconds max. Of course I've been accused of being too fast at everything many times...... walking too fast, talking too fast, driving too fast, skiing too fast, biking too fast, etc. I've had hundreds of rounds that I've finished in under 2 hours 10 minutes.

Last edited:
As long as it takes. I have no idea on a number. But I never hurry

Coming from probably the fastest player I've ever played with!! Haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. JB would beat Usain Bolt anyday!!

Back on topic, its one practice swing, rehearse takeaway and go. 30 seconds tops.

Considering it's a blind shot on a course I've never played, probably just over 30 seconds. But under 45 for sure.

Last edited:
Assuming I'm on the tee box and have my club, ball, and tee, I'd say it takes me no longer than 30 seconds to hit.

Whoa. What do you do that takes so long?

If we're counting taking time to choose a club and tee it up and stuff. I'm just generally really relaxed and relatively deliberate. I'm out there to enjoy myself and the nice day (usually). No need to rush in any way.

I usually have my shot, club and thoughts ready before I even get to my ball!

You count slow

Apparently I count really fast, since I am probably faster than 9 of 10 THPers I've played with, yet I'm one of the only two to say over 30 seconds.

I guess if I have everything in hand standing on the box, 15 seconds or so sounds right.

Shoot the yardage = 5 seconds
Select a club = 5 seconds
Place ball down = 5 seconds
Pre-shot routine = 10 seconds
--------------------

Grand Total 25 seconds

I'll bet I could go through this routine a thousand times and the time wouldn't vary by more than +- 3 seconds.

I just looked at a video and timed it at 38 seconds.

Apparently I count really fast, since I am probably faster than 9 of 10 THPers I've played with, yet I'm one of the only two to say over 30 seconds.

I guess if I have everything in hand standing on the box, 15 seconds or so sounds right.
Dude you're slow like mud running uphill:alien:

If I have never played the course and no help around...30 seconds max.

If it's an unfamiliar course, then I'm just going to play to the end of the dogleg. I don't take practice swings. I just stand behind the ball to get my line and then get up and hit the ball. I don't know how long that is to do that, but it's not long once I get my distance.

You are in a group of four playing a course none of you are familiar with and there are no yardage cards available. You get to the third tee and its a sharp dogleg left. How long does it take you to play your tee shot?

Did this question come from a particular experience?

For me, probably 30-40 seconds, depending on whether there's anything which looks tricky around the dog-leg.

Back