How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?

How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?

• 10 to 15 Seconds

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • 15 to 30 Seconds

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • more than 30 seconds

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I'm the first one up I'm probably just north of 30 seconds. If I'm 2-4, probably in the 20-25 second range.

I'd say 15-20 seconds from the time I put the tee in the ground, unless I've got the honors from the last hole. If I'm teeing off first, add another 10-15 seconds minimum to get the yardage and grab a club. If I'm not first up, I'll be taking yardages and pulling a club while waiting my turn.

I would put myself in the 15-30 second range, I don't think it would matter much if I was first or last. Grab my club and pull the trigger, granted with my gps I would know the distance beforehand.

Even when I'm first to hit in the fairway, I try to take about 30 seconds or less. My skycaddie gives me the yardage as soon as I get to the ball. So normally I just pull the club and fire away. If I'm not first, I will have gone to my ball or a position parallel to it, gotten my yardage and pulled my club, and be waiting for my turn. What drives me nuts on my home course is watching guys sit in their cart while their partner gets his yardage, pulls his club, hits his shot, and then they drive 40 feet to the next ball and start the process all over. Sadly these guys don't think they play slowly and get very defensive if anyone implies that they do.

I would say 15 to 30 seconds, I move pretty quick generally.

I like to think that I move through the process pretty quickly but I know I spend a lot of time behind the ball making sure my intermediate target is correct. One thing I do before the round, especially if its a new course, is use an app and get an idea of what club I will be hitting off the tee on certain holes. It does two things for me, 1) Gets me mentally prepped for the shots I will need to hit and 2) Speeds up everything because I've already thought about the hole, the club and the shape, then I just gotta step up and hit it.

Less than a minute, but more than 30 seconds.

I'd say 15-20 seconds from the time I put the tee in the ground, unless I've got the honors from the last hole. If I'm teeing off first, add another 10-15 seconds minimum to get the yardage and grab a club. If I'm not first up, I'll be taking yardages and pulling a club while waiting my turn.

I think this would describe me also.

I would say around 50 seconds, I like to enjoy myself and the beautiful weather. No need to rush. I've never been told I'm slow and these are usually friendly rounds.

.001 sec. It dont take me lonf to hit a bad shot

tapin from my big as note 2

.001 sec. It dont take me lonf to hit a bad shot

tapin from my big as note 2

I've witnessed this, lol. Don't blink or you'll miss BD's shot.

I was more thinking about when I am waiting for someone else to hit, then it's my turn. I like to have everything ready to go, that way when someone else hits, I can step up and pull the trigger.

yep. I probably take less than 10 seconds lol!

I think I could probably do a better job of being ready to hit. I mosey

All about tracking stats on the tee box

All the fun in playing golf is tracking the stats. That is why I'm so excited for Game Golf

I think im right around 30 to 40 seconds on most shots. My problem is it takes me too long to get comfortable for my shot. I have been taken lessons recently and go through the fundamentals in my head on set up. Then its just a matter of getting the tension out of my body. Sometimes I can hiot within 10 to 15 seconds, but mostly over 30.

I'm hitting driver as it only goes 220 so club choice is not a problem. Grab club, tee ball, waggle and swing.

My buddy and I routinely play new courses and we finish almost every round in 2:30 as long as nobody is in front of us. We both shoot bogey golf so 90 shots each or 180 total.

So we play in 150 minutes and take 180 shots. That is less than one shot a minute and when you factor in driving between holes and to our balls and walking to tee and greens we play rather quickly.

I played a course that was new to me this past weekend (Lost Key-Perdido, FL). This course was very tight and required a lot of strategy. The course was too short for me to hit driver. I was playing with a few guys that were not as strategic as me, so I felt like I was taking too much time. I got up there a couple of times and rushed my shot, and paid dearly for it. Towards the end of the round, I would let them play ahead of me so that I could think more about my shot. This seemed to make things go a little quicker, but it still takes me longer than normal on a new course.

There are two questions being asked, the poll question is "How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?" and "How long does it take you to play your tee shot?"

I answered the poll question 10-15 seconds as I am usually ready to go when it's my turn. Yes pulling up to a tee box on a course that I have never played may take a little longer.

From the tee probably 30 to 50 seconds. From the fairway, I'd say 10 to 20 seconds. I try to be ready to pull the trigger as soon as my playing partner's ball has landed and stopped rolling, with all my routine finished. Just need to step in and swing.

I don't take much time on anything really. Step up take a look or two and go. If I'm going to hit a bad/good shot it's going to happen no matter how much time I take.

1 Arrive at next hole
2 Write down scores and stats
3 Do some woulda, coulda, shoulda regarding the last hole
4 Get case the rangefinder is in
5 Remove rangefinder from case
6 Put case down
7 Walk over to teebox
8 Shot yardage
9 Ask partners about the bunkers, trees, OB and/or H2O
10 Walk back to cart
11 Put rangefinder back in case
12 Put case back in cubbyhole
13 Walk back to clubs
14 Look for club
15 Get club
16 Remove headcover
17 Place headcover somewhere so it doesn't fall on the ground
18 Headcover falls on ground. Stop to pick it up and put in on cart seat
19 Walk back to teebox
20 Dammit, no tees in my pocket
21 Walk back to cart. Reach into specially designed tee pocket that has a smaller opening than my hand. Grab some tees. I need a long tee. Where did all these short tees come from. WTF!
22 Walk back to teebox
23 Put tee in ground
24 Make sure alignment line is pointing at my target
25 Remove loose debris around ball
26 Stand behind ball and ponder stuff, maybe crack some 1-liners with my partners
27 Walk up to ball and take 2 practice swings and complain about my back because I did yardwork yesterday and coached my kids baseball game
28 Line up, look at target, waggle, look at target, waggle, swing, cuss, cause damage to earth

No more than 30 seconds, just like everyone else posting their internet pace-of-play like they post their internet driver distance.

I'd say it varies, but assuming its either a putt, a chip, or a full shot, it takes me about 15-20 seconds. This is assuming that I've already been at my ball, waiting my turn, and using my wait time to choose my line and whatnot.

Partial shots are different, since it's more feel, and those do take longer for me.

~Rock

unless the lie is weird i don't practice swing much i just get up and hit it.... i sometimes have people talking still when i'm swinging because they can't believe i hit so fast. its kinda funny when the apologize.

Back