The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

With all this talk of no one playing practice rounds starting to wonder if I'll have anyone to play rounds with on Thursday...

I think there will be plenty of guys around on Thursday. I plan on coming down either Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, so I will be playing a practice round. Probably leaving Monday.

I plan to play one wednesday, one thursday and then the 9 on Media Day. Looking for others to play with as we all make plans down the road.

JM

For those that have not played these two courses. Going in blind is not a good option. Play early, play often and rest after. It's the Morgan Cup! Where dreams are made reality.

So pumped to see Fu, Castor, Trout, and Adam get into the big dance! Dudes worked their butts off.

In other Morgan Cup related news, my wife dropped an anniversary present on me this morning: She's been telling me to not worry about booking tickets or lodging all this time, and I kinda asked why not, get some good deals, etc.

Turns out she's been conspiring with my parents and her mom to bring the entire family out and make a much bigger vacation out of our annual foray back to the East Coast. So now it looks like I'll fly to Virginia, then drive down to Myrtle Beach, and everyone will either stay in Virginia except for my and my wife, Rebecca, or we may just rent something out for the week in the area.

The best part: With my wife at the helm of the travel and lodging side of the event, there's a load off my mind. She's one of the best coordinators of events I've ever met. Seems to be able to make everything fall into place.

What a great #THPMC day!

Awesome news dude! Love when the family gets behind you!!

Wooooot! I'm sooo happy now!

I need to pull myself together, and there's some things I need to do at home, but I'll be back ASAP tonight!

http://youtu.be/voYUl2pWKVk

I need to pull myself together, and there's some things I need to do at home, but I'll be back ASAP tonight!

That was priceless Castor. Loved it! I could tell you are one happy guy. Look forward to meeting you in July!

Castor...dude, that was an awesome video. Cannot wait to meet you in MB! Two HUGE congrats for the Morgan Cup and your baby!

from watching the MC videos to looking at google maps those course you play look dreamy. Now just to get my ticket into the event and play them for myself. Missed out on this round of announcements but there is still some more ill try to apply for. Ive lost track but how many spots are left?

Great video castor the excitement in your eyes is contagious

from watching the MC videos to looking at google maps those course you play look dreamy. Now just to get my ticket into the event and play them for myself. Missed out on this round of announcements but there is still some more ill try to apply for. Ive lost track but how many spots are left?

If my math and memory serves correctly, still 3 Cleveland, 2 Bridgestone, and 1 Taylormade entry remain. So that's 6 more spots to be had!

edit: refer to ad's post below for accurate info.

Last edited:
If my math and memory serves correctly, still 3 Cleveland, 2 Bridgestone, and 1 Taylormade entry remain. So that's 6 more spots to be had!

8 Spots Remaining - 3 Cleveland, 3 Bridgestone, 1 TaylorMade, and 1 Callaway by my count.

It's at least what my spreadsheet has...I'm such a dork.

Me too Donne. I made an excel also, and just went through all the contest posts thinking I might have missed a couple.

I'm wrong though ha. Just went and looked at Team THP sponsors and I miscounted. Math, not a strong suit haha. But that means more contest madness than I anticipated! Yes.

I posted this in the Cobra thread, but will put it here too. So happy and honored to be a part of this amazing event. I didn't think I stood a chance against some of the other folks on here who posted some amazing stuff. I'm just in shock. Here's my reaction video....which was actually about 30 seconds after I got the message from JB. Can't wait to meet everyone on all of the teams and play some average golf with you all.

I'm doing my best to keep the wife excited about Love is in the Air so I can do Morgan Cup solo. We have never been to Myrtle, but seeing as this is my first MC I am afraid she'll get upset about spending a few days on her own.

The only complication is the 24th is our 10-year anniversary...

I can't even put into words the different waves of emotion and excitement that come and go lol, I'll gather my thoughts soon and put them down as soon as I'm able to sort everything out. This is fantastic, hello 2014 Morgan Cup!

Four more into the fold!

Congrats Fupresti, Casor, Adam, and Trout!

Great group right there, I'd go all in in Vegas with these 4 aces

What a great reaction and congrats on the addition to the family buddy!!! I can't wait to hang with Johnny Cash again this year! Super happy for you bro, congrats and I hope your wife doesn't kill you when you break the great news to her!

What a great reaction and congrats on the addition to the family buddy!!! I can't wait to hang with Johnny Cash again this year! Super happy for you bro, congrats and I hope your wife doesn't kill you when you break the great news to her!

Thanks Jake, it's going to be even more awesome this year!

Back