Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

What set up is yours?

10.5 stock stiff. 2 of the good ones I hit yesterday were really good. Ball flight seemed higher than my J40 setup.

9.5* Titleist 910D2 with 72S 'Ahina. I have since bumped it up to 10.25. I got a 10.5* Classic.

We need to get together then. I think the set up I have would suit you very well. I am gaming the 10.5 with the Kusala Black 72S shaft. I think that would be a pretty ideal set up for you too.

The pro shop had a 10.5 - 290 with stock stiff shaft. I took it out for my 9 hole round. I was pretty impressed I hit a good amount of fairways today. More than I have been anyway. However my RBZ is generally a bit longer but I haven't been hitting it to straight. If I knew anything about shafts I'll bet I could get the 290 going the same distance. I think I want one!

The pro shop had a 10.5 - 290 with stock stiff shaft. I took it out for my 9 hole round. I was pretty impressed I hit a good amount of fairways today. More than I have been anyway. However my RBZ is generally a bit longer but I haven't been hitting it to straight. If I knew anything about shafts I'll bet I could get the 290 going the same distance. I think I want one!

I bet you could too dude!

I wonder how the Classic would fare with a heavier shaft in it. I am thinking about trying that.

I bet you could too dude!
I really don't have anywhere to get fitted locally. My best option is Golftech. That's about 1.5 hours away. Do they offer lots of different shaft options at Golftec.?

I really don't have anywhere to get fitted locally. My best option is Golftech. That's about 1.5 hours away. Do they offer lots of different shaft options at Golftec.?

Not for the Classic unfortunately. And Miyazakis are a tough one to come by. I bet you could get fitted for a shaft on a head that somewhat matches a classic.. then call Miyazaki and get their recommendation.

Not for the Classic unfortunately. And Miyazakis are a tough one to come by. I bet you could get fitted for a shaft on a head that somewhat matches a classic.. then call Miyazaki and get their recommendation.
Thanks man.

After another 9 today I'm still torn on the classic. So far I've had 2 range sessions and 2 rounds. I do like the tall face, I can tee it up high without fear of going under it. I like the looks of it, the different coloring in the center of the face makes it easy to frame the ball. I just don't know if I'm getting anything out of it really. Part of it is my swing as I'm not hitting the ball well off the tee right now, but there seems to just be no middle ground with me and this club. Either I hit it well, or I'm way off. Debating on whether it will be in the bag for me tomorrow or not.

Bummer Dean. Were you swapping between drivers to compare or just swinging the classic?

After another 9 today I'm still torn on the classic. So far I've had 2 range sessions and 2 rounds. I do like the tall face, I can tee it up high without fear of going under it. I like the looks of it, the different coloring in the center of the face makes it easy to frame the ball. I just don't know if I'm getting anything out of it really. Part of it is my swing as I'm not hitting the ball well off the tee right now, but there seems to just be no middle ground with me and this club. Either I hit it well, or I'm way off. Debating on whether it will be in the bag for me tomorrow or not.
Deano, that is exactly what I saw out of it. Some good shots, some not so good shots, no in between. Wasnt enough to move the Black out of my bag.

Honestly Deano, I think for you, you see to gel with drivers after you give it a lot more time. Razr Hawk and J40 come to mind.

Bummer Dean. Were you swapping between drivers to compare or just swinging the classic?

Just the classic. Took the J40 right out of the bag to eliminate temptation

Deano, that is exactly what I saw out of it. Some good shots, some not so good shots, no in between. Wasnt enough to move the Black out of my bag.

Yeah man, right now that's pretty much what I am seeing. I do like a lot of things about this driver though, just not sure the performance is any better than the J40 at the moment.

Honestly Deano, I think for you, you see to gel with drivers after you give it a lot more time. Razr Hawk and J40 come to mind.

You are right. The J40 and I took some time to get used to. Honestly that could be it. I mean this is lighter and longer. So I dunno, just taking me some time to get used to it.

Just the classic. Took the J40 right out of the bag to eliminate temptation

Yeah man, right now that's pretty much what I am seeing. I do like a lot of things about this driver though, just not sure the performance is any better than the J40 at the moment.

You are right. The J40 and I took some time to get used to. Honestly that could be it. I mean this is lighter and longer. So I dunno, just taking me some time to get used to it.

Cut it short. Just don't tell raw elgae

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Hit this driver today. Absolutely loved it. Probably top 3 from today.

We need to get together then. I think the set up I have would suit you very well. I am gaming the 10.5 with the Kusala Black 72S shaft. I think that would be a pretty ideal set up for you too.

Sorry for the chunky response, I was working. That would be awesome! I was actually looking at the Kusala Black. I think it would be a winner as well. I need to call Redtail to see if I can get some LM time soon.

I wonder how the Classic would fare with a heavier shaft in it. I am thinking about trying that.

Damaikis. You want to try the Classic/White combo? I have the 10.5 w/ Kusala White S tipped 1". Plays to 35 1/4". If interested lemme know.

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

Damaikis. You want to try the Classic/White combo? I have the 10.5 w/ Kusala White S tipped 1". Plays to 35 1/4". If interested lemme know.

35 1/4?? Did you mean 45 1/4? 35" driver would be pretty dang short.

35 1/4?? Did you mean 45 1/4? 35" driver would be pretty dang short.

But accurate haha

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a lefty. That's awesome of you dude.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm a lefty. That's awesome of you dude.

I don't know why I always forget that you're a lefty, dude. I guess because you're a little younger I just figure that they'd have found a way to cure genetic ailments like that.

No guys. My driver isn't a 1/4" longer than my putter. I bet I could really find fairways like that though!

Sitting here watching football thinking about how awesome it feels when you mash a ball in the center of the face on this driver. Didn't get to play this weekend and I'm getting a little antsy for my round this week. :D

I just picked up a 310 10.5 with Kusala black stiff shaft. Had it at the range yesterday and was loving how the shaft feels and the ball flight was just how I like it mid low. This is my first Miyazaki experience and it definitely won't be my last! Now I know why everyone raves about these shafts.

Went out this morning for a round and was having a pretty good driving day until the 10th when a guy in the foursome behind us on the green yelled when I was taking my tee shot... I nearly missed the ball I hit it all the way out at the toe and dented the club just above where it says 310 after that my whole day was ruined I'm still upset about it I can't believe that happened.

Back