Golf set for girlfriend/wife

hammann11

Reaction score
Hey all,

Finally talked the other half to start golfing with me starting next spring so I'm in search of a cheap starter set for her I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions?

Should I go for a cheap "ready to golf" set with bag and all the clubs from a department store?

or find an actual decent used set of clubs for her? or slowly piece something together throughout the winter?

we aren't looking to spend too much hence why if we go for nicer clubs we are searching the used path.

Just seeing what everyone else thinks about this before I pounced on a cheap set from dunhams/scheels.

Thanks in advance

golf deals and steals ladies section!

How about free hammann? I have a set of Pro Select clubs, irons and woods with graphite shafts and bag. My wife never got into it. They've been used maybe 3 times.

Just pay shipping and you can have them. I might have virtually new shoes too if size is right and yours isn't squeamish about used shoes, you can have them too.

How about free hammann? I have a set of Pro Select clubs, irons and woods with graphite shafts and bag. My wife never got into it. They've been used maybe 3 times.

Just pay shipping and you can have them. I might have virtually new shoes too if size is right and yours isn't squeamish about used shoes, you can have them too.

This is why I like THP than any other golf forums. The people here are so great and it just feels like one whole big family!

Now that's Fantastic !

Now that is an amazing offer. Easy to love the people on THP!!

Wow! thank you for the offer speedliner, I'll talk it over with her tonight and see what she says, thanks again I definitively wasn't expecting that!

Oops. Should have pm'd that. Wasn't thinking. That's embarrassing.

PM me if you're interested.

What I recommend is getting her out to a driving range and rent some women's clubs and start teaching her to swing. If she seems to like it, then take her to a golf store and get some idea of her swing speed. Then I'd get her a decent set of clubs. I don't know anything about the freebies offered above (very generous), but good gear is going to make picking it up easier and that made a huge difference with me when I started last year. My bf bought me an Adams ladies a07 OS full set and that got me started.

My wife started playing last fall with a full set of prince clubs that a buddy of mine at a pro shop gave us a discount on. Before ever going and playing on the course or range I paid a professional for a three lesson package. That way she didn't develop any bad habits and also there wasn't a strain on our relationship with me trying to be her teacher. Now we're a year down the road and she loves golf. Just last month I bought her some Adams a12os irons, a new cobra amp driver, some Vokey's and a 2 ball putter.

Great offer Speedliner! I just gave my wife's last set (like new) to a young couple so they could golf together.. Costs us nothing to be nice!!

Well done Speedliner !!

http://www.playgolfamerica.com/ggr/

Can I suggest if you decide to get her lessons doing a program like this. It is 5 lessons I believe for $100. It's purpose is to get more women involved in the game.

Back