TaylorMade Ghost S Spider Putter Preview Thread

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
THP first broke the news of this new putter from TaylorMade a little over a month ago here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=17269

I will be doing a homepage review on the new Ghost S Spider Putter from TaylorMade. From afar this putter looks pretty similar to the old Ghost Spider that we've heard so much about but a closer look shows a some big differences indeed. I took this putter out to the practice green today and spent about an hour rolling putts. First thing that jumps out to me is just how nice and easy it is to line this putter up behind the ball as you address your ball. It is very easy to align with the newly designed top and alignment aid on this putter. The Pure Roll insert is still very much a big part of the Ghost S putter, it might be because of a combination of the different size and overall feel of this putter but the insert felt softer to me than some of the previous Ghost lines I've used. I'll research this more as I progress with this review. Here are some pictures.

From address
Summer 2012 088_zpsa8dc6304.jpg

Nice looking backside
Summer 2012 089_zps1739fce1.jpg

Pure Roll Goodness
Summer 2012 090_zps9c00f19e.jpg

Check this baby out
Summer 2012 091_zps4d1a0d68.jpg

Grip
Summer 2012 092_zps25262878.jpg

Nice looking head cover as well
Summer 2012 093_zps83918a33.jpg

I saw this when I was down in Greenville. I actually really like the black area surrounded by the white. I like it better than the original spider ghost putter.

Nice Jake! Can't wait to hear more details about your experience with this one. Although the Spider shape doesn't do it for me, I do like the more simple single alignment line rather than the basketball court of their last Spider.

Interested to hear the differences you find between this and the original Jake!

Hey Jake, its me Ben. I like the look of this putter, not as much as the current one, but still a lot. Looking forward to how it rolls for you.

It does look cleaner than the original. I hope you like it Jake, can't wait to read your comments!

Great photos, Jake. This reminds me of my old Spider Vicino, just love the look and the alignment aide on it.

Hey Jake, its me Ben. I like the look of this putter, not as much as the current one, but still a lot. Looking forward to how it rolls for you.

Haha, +1

I mess around with my fiance's ghost spider all the time. Like the insert on it. Will say that I like the looks of this one a bit better. Less going on up top. Interested in your thoughts P4B!

I can already tell you that I like the looks of the Ghost S Spider much better than the original. There was quite a big going on before, this simple black top is a nice contrast with the white head and it is real easy to just set it down behind the ball and feel like you're lined up right away. I also like the size of this one, it's sort of midsized compared to the original Spider and the Itsy Bitsy Spider.

O dang, I was pondering the Ghost Spider but now... I like this one more. The alignment aid is far simpler and not as distracting to look at.

Hi Ben. So you like the current or original Ghost Spider looks more than this one?

Yeah I really liked the look of the black in the middle and how it aligns. Jake is a converted putter ho now

Hi Ben. So you like the current or original Ghost Spider looks more than this one?
The all white one, I guess the original spider ghost, is what it would be called, but too be fair I haven't seen this one in person. What do you think handsome?

Looks good Jake. I love the Spider I have now so I'm curious to hear about any differences you might find.

Yeah I really liked the look of the black in the middle and how it aligns. Jake is a converted putter ho now
I'm sort of turning into one here in the last few days that's for sure.

Jj busted me today in the middle of my testing. All the sudden boom, the awesomeness of another THP'er took over and there he was.

The all white one, I guess the original spider ghost, is what it would be called, but too be fair I haven't seen this one in person. What do you think handsome?
I was not a real big on either the original or the Ghost Spider right away to be honest. Now comparing the looks of this one to the first I definitely like the look better. I don't know that I'm prepared to declare that I love the style, but it's not a bad putter at all, I think it could grow on me.

That really does setup nicely at address. I have never had much luck with the Spider but I could really dig a CS version of this.

Nice photos Jake and looking forward to reading your review.

Jake, is this one the same size as the original Ghost Spider?

No, it's right between the original and the Itsy Bitsy. I do like the size a lot more than either of the 2 that came before it.
I think I would like that as well, Thanks.

I'm wondering the difference between this model and the previous.

Wow, a really nice looking putter, I don't know what it is but the color scheme on the face is just awesome!

I've seen this putter in person and I like the alignment aid on it compared to the OG Spider Ghost. Enjoy the putter Jake.

Back