Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only a few things I like about the iPhone but the quality of the build is one thing that I do like. I will probably have the iPhone 5 if all goes right, but I do know that I'm excited for the iOS 6 update tomorrow, because I will finally have a ton of new features for the iphone that you 'Merican's have had since it came out.
Im not up to speed on this, what features have you not had?

I'm interested to see how iOS6 works out on my 4s. Might make me stop pondering a change.

Im not up to speed on this, what features have you not had?
The major one is mapping and addresses, and full Siri support with maps and local search.

Siri is awful anyway. Maybe 6 will make her work

I have the LX3 and still enjoy using it. I only shoot wide angle and never zoom with the LX3 to take advantage of the fast lens. Plus, its a different style of shooting and makes me think about what I'm shooting more.

If zoom matters, get the ZS20. I got the ZS19, same as ZS20 minus GPS, and my wife loves it. The zoom is very impressive and quality of pics are good. We got it at Costco for $225 and it came with 4gb and case. The case is a nice throw in.

What SLR do you have?
Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I have the Canon T2i right now. We just don't take it out with us any more and only use it around the house. It really takes some great pictures, but mostly due to using an external flash. It is amazing what the right lighting will do. I just wanted something similar and smaller. The biggest issue I have with the ZS20 is the flash. They are crap and always blow people out indoors. Maybe the LX7 is worth it for the flash boot, so I can control the flash better.

I have the Canon T2i right now. We just don't take it out with us any more and only use it around the house. It really takes some great pictures, but mostly due to using an external flash. It is amazing what the right lighting will do. I just wanted something similar and smaller. The biggest issue I have with the ZS20 is the flash. They are crap and always blow people out indoors. Maybe the LX7 is worth it for the flash boot, so I can control the flash better.

I find the flash works best in iA for the ZS20, but still not as good as bouncing. I have a little flash for my LX3 that I use to bounce, but rarely use it. If there is enough indoor lighting, I can shoot without flash if I keep it at the wide which f2 and I don't go above iso800. My wife uses the flash on the LX3 but I've turned down the power by a stop or 2 to avoid blowouts. With the LX7, you can a little higher with iso so you should have more room to not use flash.

Another big diff with the ZS20 and LX7 will be control. With LX7, you have flexibility to set things manually like controlling flash exposure.

If you can afford it, I would go for the new Fuji X line. My friend has the X100(?) and its as good as SLR. Only downside it is fixed at 20mm but I don't find that a problem.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

My S3 just downloaded a big update from At&t. Installing now, sure would be nice to see JB on it.

Ah the 'we took it real good from Apple in court' upgrade?

My S3 just downloaded a big update from At&t. Installing now, sure would be nice to see JB on it.

Ah the 'we took it real good from Apple in court' upgrade?

Yeah well its not the JB update. Looks like it added the screen brightness slider to the drop down and whatever else it did to make Apple happy. Bummer.

JB is rumoured for late October/early November for S3, no?

I got one from Verizon, about to download it now.

Yes please. Watch the video and tell me you don't want to do your whole house.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented

Hell yes. That idea is a bit like the Nest thermostat (http://www.nest.com/).

I am thinking about selling off the SLR and going to more of a compact camera.

I have been pondering the Panasonic Lumix LX7 or the Lumix DMC ZS20. I really like the flash boot that the LX7 has, but love the 20x zoom of the DMC.

Grant, take a look at the Canon Powershot S100. My wife has this camera, and it does a bunch of amazing stuff like an SLR can do but in a much more compact size. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSh...qid=1348073536&sr=8-1&keywords=powershot+s100

iOS 6 is being downloaded.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

it went from 2 hours remaining to 16 minutes, to 1 hour, back to 2 hours, now back to 16 minutes haha

WTF? Mine took like 14 minutes and now its installing.

I used the software update button on my phone. I was on a phone call through some of it, and was texting through the rest of it.
it went from 2 hours remaining to 16 minutes, to 1 hour, back to 2 hours, now back to 16 minutes haha

Crazy iPhones!

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Mine failed cause I'm on a jobsite with crappy wifi.

Funny thin is the job site is a best buy.

Mine failed cause I'm on a jobsite with crappy wifi.

Funny thin is the job site is a best buy.

Haha, the irony. You should ask Geek Squad for help, those guys are...well, not very helpful.

Haha, the irony. You should ask Geek Squad for help, those guys are...well, not very helpful.

Nope they are not. I'm thinking about getting my wife's new phone right now while I'm here.

Right now I'm thinking about an S3

Nope they are not. I'm thinking about getting my wife's new phone right now while I'm here.

Right now I'm thinking about an S3

I thought you were getting her an iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back