Thread: Square to Square Swing Method taught by Doug Tewell

Handicap
    Thanks

Square to Square Swing Method taught by Doug Tewell

I've just started a new video training series by 12 time PGA Winner Doug Tewell called the Square to Square Swing Method. Have any fellow Hacker's had any experience with this method or the training videos by Doug Tewell? If you have had experience with the method has it been successful for any of you? I'd be interested to hear any experiences any of you can share.

Handicap
    ~24
    Thanks
    I too am interested if anybody has any experience with this method of swinging a golf club. I am starting to have some chronic low back pain and wondered if it might help with that while still allowing good play on the course

Handicap
    Thanks
    The marketing of this method is very good..the videos online seem very solid as well. Sounds good for accuracy, not to sure about distance. But ...if you can hit 200 to 220 straight off the tee each time..you can play any golf course well from the up tees. In fact you could be a scratch with a decent short game. I see this in our local am events..
    Keyboard Warrior in Training

Mini Tour Player Callawaygolfpro's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks
    I taught a guy who taught the Square to Square method for many years. While I was working with him on changing his swing, he told me the basics of the method. What I found interesting is that the method basically is teaching you cast flip in to impact. Yeah you can be accurate but there is virtually no distance in the method. The guy I was working with had a very steep swing, no rotation in his lower body through impact and hit the ball very high and short due to the all arm swing and adding loft at impact. We were able to work and get him to retain the level a little long, add some significant lower body rotation to his swing, in all adding about 15 to 20 yards to his shots. In the end that's all that he wanted to get out of the lessons because he plays nearly year round.

My take on the swing, it can be very accurate but it's difficult to control ball trajectory and you won't have much distance in the swing long term.
    Driver: FT-9 Tour
    3 wood: FT Tour
    Hybrid:
    18* XHot Pro
    Irons: 3-PW Tour Authentic X-Prototype
    Wedges: 52* & 58* X-Tour Forged+ Vintage
    Putter: Coutour Golf Dornoch Teryllium 365

Twitter -> @Callawaygolfpro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Callawaygolfpro For This Useful Post:

Mystery Meat (12-02-2013)

Handicap
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Callawaygolfpro View Post
    I taught a guy who taught the Square to Square method for many years. While I was working with him on changing his swing, he told me the basics of the method. What I found interesting is that the method basically is teaching you cast flip in to impact. Yeah you can be accurate but there is virtually no distance in the method. The guy I was working with had a very steep swing, no rotation in his lower body through impact and hit the ball very high and short due to the all arm swing and adding loft at impact. We were able to work and get him to retain the level a little long, add some significant lower body rotation to his swing, in all adding about 15 to 20 yards to his shots. In the end that's all that he wanted to get out of the lessons because he plays nearly year round.

My take on the swing, it can be very accurate but it's difficult to control ball trajectory and you won't have much distance in the swing long term.
    sounds like the Lee Comeaux swing..
    Keyboard Warrior in Training

Handicap
    Thanks
    If you Google "square to square golf method review" you'll find a long thread about it from 2012 on another site.
    Driver: Classic 270, 10.5*
    Fairways: Burner 2008 High Launch 3 & 5 woods
    Hybrids: Burner Rescue High Launch 19* & 22*
    Irons: Eye 2, 2 - SW
    Wedge: Eye 2+ SW
    Wedge: Vokey 60-4
    Putter: old-timey Anser
    Ball: Velocity
    (No, not all those clubs at the same time...that would be too heavy!)

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." -- Satchel Paige