The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love making trips into the HHJJ thread and seeing what people are happy about today. And more times than not, it's the little things that make it happen!

Happy for the 4 lucky THP'ers who became 2014 MC participants. Even though I'm not one YET, the reaction videos shows what a special place this is.... Kuddos to JB & GG for creating a place on the internet that has turned into a 2nd family for so many.

Tapping away on my iPhone

I haven't stopped smiling since finding out I was chosen as a Taylormade staffer for The Morgan Cup, that was 5 hours ago!

I haven't stopped smiling since finding out I was chosen as a Taylormade staffer for The Morgan Cup, that was 5 hours ago!

Welcome to the Morgan cup, bro. And, welcome to Team TaylorMade.

Taylormade has long been a supporter of THP, and us staffed by then are the lucky few that get to rock this brand in 2014.

Happy to help with questions or whatever you may have, feel free to reach out dude.

I just finished my application to the Biomedical Sciences PhD program at University of Virginia. I've been in correspondence with some of the faculty and I'm hoping for the best!! If I get accepted, I will be seeing a bunch of you at local THP events next fall! Hell yeah!

I just finished my application to the Biomedical Sciences PhD program at University of Virginia. I've been in correspondence with some of the faculty and I'm hoping for the best!! If I get accepted, I will be seeing a bunch of you at local THP events next fall! Hell yeah!
good luck man! hoping for the best!

Finally made it back home after three weeks of travel, one with my son for family time and the other 1.5 for work in hell freezing over Texas! Had a little catch up time with little man and with my new friend. I'm thinking it has now moved to a "girlfriend" classification and we spent the weekend together while my son was up in the mountains! I'm so happy for many things and am truly blessed. I've been popping in on the phone, but that hasn't been good enough. Great to finally be back home, aside from the two day Texas trip this week to finish up...I'm back home for a while! Now off to some breakfast with Tera and then to services!

Two more weeks as of tomorrow and I will be sticking a peg in the ground :blob:. I don't miss golf as bad as I thought I would but I do miss having only two physical activities to look forward to. Walking my dog three miles five days a week and going to physical therapy three days a week is my excitement. I love my special time out with Roxie. I tolerate my trainer bending the hell out of my knee and then trying to press it through the table. He told me the other day we finally got it flat meaning when I lay it down on the table, there is very little light between the back of my knee and the table. Sooooooooo it's time to swap the sumo wrestler (PT) for a golf club. Heck yea,,, I'm ready folks :bananadance:

Finally made it back home after three weeks of travel, one with my son for family time and the other 1.5 for work in hell freezing over Texas! Had a little catch up time with little man and with my new friend. I'm thinking it has now moved to a "girlfriend" classification and we spent the weekend together while my son was up in the mountains! I'm so happy for many things and am truly blessed. I've been popping in on the phone, but that hasn't been good enough. Great to finally be back home, aside from the two day Texas trip this week to finish up...I'm back home for a while! Now off to some breakfast with Tera and then to services!

That's awesome!
A lot of good right there!

Welcome home Doug!

Two more weeks as of tomorrow and I will be sticking a peg in the ground :blob:. I don't miss golf as bad as I thought I would but I do miss having only two physical activities to look forward to. Walking my dog three miles five days a week and going to physical therapy three days a week is my excitement. I love my special time out with Roxie. I tolerate my trainer bending the hell out of my knee and then trying to press it through the table. He told me the other day we finally got it flat meaning when I lay it down on the table, there is very little light between the back of my knee and the table. Sooooooooo it's time to swap the sumo wrestler (PT) for a golf club. Heck yea,,, I'm ready folks :bananadance:

So awesome to hear! I know you have been looking forward to teeing it up for awhile. So enjoy it and hopefully you can enjoy the game for many many more years now.

So awesome to hear! I know you have been looking forward to teeing it up for awhile. So enjoy it and hopefully you can enjoy the game for many many more years now.

Greg you just don't know how excited it is to walk and now have the opportunity to play golf with a good foundation under me. It may or may not help my golf game but it will no doubt help my endurance and mental out look on the game of golf. It really sucks to try and go out and have a good time playing golf, with the feeling of a tooth ache in your knee.

I plan to be there if you want company.

So happy for you bud! Can't wait to tee it up with you again!

Excited for you OG!

Great catching up with an old friend at TPC Sawgrass yesterday.uploadfromtaptalk1387202479450.jpg

Last edited:
If I want company. Does a beat shat in the woods :confused2:

You bring your arse up too buddy and we'll all celebrate my return to form:golf2::blob:

I could use a piece of that too fellas.

It is -6C this morning, with a high of -1C. Showed all day yesterday, and was anywhere from -32 to -25C for the past week.
Hopefully we can thaw out the ice that has accumulated on my wife's car (already broke my favorite ice scraper on Saturday).

I would bet money on people being in shorts when I go for lunch today.

60's all week this week.

Back on Atkins.

Beginning a golf specific workout regimen.

2014 is coming, its a big year, I'm going to bring it.

I brought up to my wife that I'd like to go south a bit to golf over a long weekend.
Her reply to me was "I know how much it's killing you not being able to golf, so I don't mind"

I think I'll take that woman out to a nice dinner tonight.
(But be home by 8:30-9:00 to watch the Lions STOMP the ravens!)

60's all week this week.

Back on Atkins.

Beginning a golf specific workout regimen.

2014 is coming, its a big year, I'm going to bring it.
I really want to get in something so I have motivation to be healthier and a better golfer. I know its what I need.

I really want to get in something so I have motivation to be healthier and a better golfer. I know its what I need.

I want to play the best golf of my life this year, finally realizing that I need to put more into it than just playing. The golf workout will be a great way to get me off my ass and contributing towards my goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back