Hello from Gainesville, Florida

Byra

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, my name is Byra and I'm psyched to have found this cool site. I live in Gainesville, Florida, and am just getting back into golf after pretty much giving it up about 8 years ago when my daughter was born. I used to play 3-4 times a week, mostly at a course on the way home from work, but didnt have the time for it any more with kids so I gave it up. For about a year now, I've been taking my 5 year old son to the range and Ive got the bug again. I think I can probably get away with playing 18 once or twice a month, and I've been hitting the range pretty much every weekend, sometimes both days.

Unfortunately, the course on the way home has closed and the only public course in town that's even playable is really not very good. The 2 country club courses here are nice, but pretty far from my office and house, so joining is not a great option unless I can somehow figure out a way to play more to make it worth it. My wife would not be on board with that idea :bicker:. When my son gets a little older, and I can take him on the course with me, maybe...

So anyway, I'm keeping an eye on course reviews for the mid to northern Florida area and I'd love to tee it up with any other local folks who are up for it.

--Byra

Welcome to THP Byra!

Welcome to the forum Byra!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Go Gators! The THP Tour Van just drove though your neck of the woods today I believe.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Weclome. Be sure to keep an eye out for dpgator, he's in Gainesville. You can join us in the Northeast Florida thread on the Courses and Reviews subforum and maybe join us sometime. We've been talking of doing a round at LPGA International in Daytona or Magnolia Point in Green Cove in addition to the meets we do around Jacksonville. A little bit of a drive for you, but maybe doable. :)

Welcome to THP

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Welcome! You'll love it here!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to The Hacker's Paradise, Byra!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard, Glad to see your're getting back into the game!

:welcome: nice intro Byra

Welcome~!! NE FL community here is super nice.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome! Great group of guys in NE Florida. Hope you can make it out with us soon!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to Paradise!

Back