The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this one? http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083111&p_id=9998&seq=1&format=1#largeimage for $7.07 shipped for the iPhone 5?

They have one for $6.05 for the iPhone 4: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1083111&p_id=8846&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

99981.jpg

88461.jpg
88462.jpg

Looks darn close to the Otterbox Commuter, I wonder about the warranty though, Otterbox has been great for me on that front.

Used clear cases most of the time, sometimes I go without any protection... which I do regret as I've dropped it a few times "naked". yikes!

Used clear cases most of the time, sometimes I go without any protection... which I do regret as I've dropped it a few times "naked". yikes!

Be careful going raw dog! You'll catch a case of the scuffs. You can't wash those off with soap or bleach!

Looks like Erica is getting her first smartphone this weekend. Does the 4S use the 4G LTE network through Verizon?

Looks like Erica is getting her first smartphone this weekend. Does the 4S use the 4G LTE network through Verizon?
No, 4S is still 3G. The iPhone 5 is the first 4G iPhone.

Lame. Any reason why somebody that won't utilize a ton of the features should consider the 4S over the 4? The difference is the 4 is free and the 4S is like $100.

Lame. Any reason why somebody that won't utilize a ton of the features should consider the 4S over the 4? The difference is the 4 is free and the 4S is like $100.

4S is a little faster and might run iOS6 better than the 4 but that's it. I'd probably do the 4 if it were me.

4S has Siri, some people like that.

4S is a bit faster when it comes to processing speeds and what not, and will play better with the most current iOS.

Hmmmm. I'll play around with them then. She now has iPhone fever. Her current phone in an LG ENV 2 if that tells you anything lol.

Hmmmm. I'll play around with them then. She now has iPhone fever. Her current phone in an LG ENV 2 if that tells you anything lol.
Wow. I had that phone at one point in time. I think that was 2007ish.

Id do the 4S because when you update it, it will handle better and the battery won't die as fast.

Right on. Thanks for the advice, guys.

If she thinks she'll use Siri, I'd say the 4S Hawk, but otherwise save a little money and go with the 4. Or she could wait a little longer and decide if she likes the 5s after it's out and then the 5 will be cheaper as well!

Also below are a few photos of the Otterbox Reflex case in clear for my iphone 5:
Photoon2012-11-30at1309.jpg

Photoon2012-11-30at1310.jpg

Yeah, Hawk. You gotta think "what's gonna still work well with iOS a year or two down the road"? It'll probably be the 4s.

Sent from my "Phablet" using Tapatalk 2

In my buddies garage last night and his girlfriend and friend walks in, her friend has a brand new, in box Iphone5. She opens it and drops it onto a set of snow tires that we were putting on and it shattered.

Landed on the tires, really surprised how easily it shattered. Obviously not saying all of them are like this, but seemed odd.

Way better camera in the 4S...does a lot better in low light situations. Also has 'panorama' with iOS6. It's got a blazing processor.

I tried to buy the 4S or 5 for her, but she's thrifty and went for the free 4. She's happy with it I think. How do you put new app icons on the home screen? She can't get the Facebook icon on there and we screwed around with it for quite a while.

I tried to buy the 4S or 5 for her, but she's thrifty and went for the free 4. She's happy with it I think. How do you put new app icons on the home screen? She can't get the Facebook icon on there and we screwed around with it for quite a while.

Dang. If you're on Verizon, I would've paid for the 5, plus some cash and had you trade me for my near mint 4S

I tried to convince her, but she's stubborn about those types of things.

Press and hold an application, they'll start to shake and put xs on the top left, then she can just drag the apps where she wants them.

Press and hold an application, they'll start to shake and put xs on the top left, then she can just drag the apps where she wants them.

Also, to switch pages just hold it to the very edge of the screen in the direction you want to go.

Thanks guys. I knew how to move them around, but there wasn't an icon there to move. Just restarted it and it popped up, so problem solved. She's funny with this thing. It's like teaching my grandma how to use a computer. No patience!

Thanks guys. I knew how to move them around, but there wasn't an icon there to move. Just restarted it and it popped up, so problem solved. She's funny with this thing. It's like teaching my grandma how to use a computer. No patience!

The nice thing about iOS is it's fairly intuitive so you can really hunt and peck around and learn on the fly.

so, I was going to get an iPhone 4s today, and my dad ended up surprising me with an iPhone5, iPhone 5 FTW!

Just bought a case to hold me over until Mophie can make the battery cases for the 5. Spent all of 3.34 so even if it's crap, as long as it holds up a decent amount it'll do its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back