Razr Fit materials question

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Does anyone know what metal(s) are used for the crown of the Razr Fit driver and fairway woods? All I can find is something that talks about the Forged Composite head that is lighter than titanium. But they don't say what forged composite is!

My buddy with the Maaco needs to know so if I decide to paint them in Chrome Illusion, he will know what they need to do to prepare the surface for the paint.

It's proprietary material they developed with Lamborghini. That's about all I know.

It's proprietary material they developed with Lamborghini. That's about all I know.

I wonder if I DM Chad on Twitter if he can help me. Might try that.

Whatever paint prep steps he would use on carbon fiber would work perfectly.

Whatever paint prep steps he would use on carbon fiber would work perfectly.

I agree with this. Essentially the forged composite is just a different way of impregnating carbon with resin, as the Wiki says its just a slightly different process. The "forging" is basically the shaping of the raw carbon fibers and resin using high pressure and/or heat.

Lastly…Smallville, this thread needs pics when available!!

I agree with this. Essentially the forged composite is just a different way of impregnating carbon with resin, as the Wiki says its just a slightly different process. The "forging" is basically the shaping of the raw carbon fibers and resin using high pressure and/or heat.

Lastly…Smallville, this thread needs pics when available!!

It will all come down to how much he has to charge for the paint. If it is the $90 he thinks it is, it will be done. Not sure if that is per pint or per gallon, but I'd think a pint would be enough to paint three woods.

It will all come down to how much he has to charge for the paint. If it is the $90 he thinks it is, it will be done. Not sure if that is per pint or per gallon, but I'd think a pint would be enough to paint three woods.

A pint would be much more than required. Using automotive style paints, if he's using a base/clear setup, you mix paint and reducer nearly 1:1 depending on paint, so that would be 2 pints of sprayable material. If you're using a single stage, it's typically 8:1:1, with the 8 being the paint, so you'd end up with 20 ounces of sprayable material.

Back