9 hole rounds/rates

SaskeyInWash

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.0
After reading the pace of play thread I am interested to know how many courses near you offer a 9 hole rate? There were a lot of responses in that thread for people that couldn't dedicate 5+ hours to play 18 on the weekend to just play 9. Sometimes I would like the option of just playing nine holes when there are other things to do but 95+% of the courses around me don't have a 9 hole rate. I couldn't justify paying a full 18 hole greens fee and leaving at the turn.

I must be sheltered or something haha but I've never heard of not offering 9 holes.

My home course is $10 to walk during the week and $13 to ride. During the weekend $13 to walk nine and $16 to ride.

Our course has an Early Bird rate, where people can play the back nine only, beginning a half hour after the first tee time and for the next half hour. They have to wait a half hour so the grounds crew can get far enough ahead.

They do not offer a nine hole rate otherwise.

Almost every course I've ever played has 9 hole rates. Now, you get a better value playing 18 as 9 is never half price from a full round. My problem is the 5+ hours a round takes. A round shouldn't take more than 4:30 and if it does, it's either on the players for dilly dallying or the club house for not making sure pace of play is up.

Most of the courses around me have an Early Bird rate like Smallville mentioned. They also have a Super Twilight that goes off late and essentially only gives you time for 9. The three munis also offer an any-time 9 rate if there is an opening, otherwise precedence is given to full round players.

Most of the courses around me have an Early Bird rate like Smallville mentioned. They also have a Super Twilight that goes off late and essentially only gives you time for 9. The three munis also offer an any-time 9 rate if there is an opening, otherwise precedence is given to full round players.

Yep, we have a rate at 6 PM that is I think 20 bucks for all you can play. Fast players can get 18 in.

The Spokane city owned courses offer 9 hole rates that are a joke.
Mon-Thur - $21.00 - $8 less than 18 hole rate
Fri-Sun - $31.00 - Same as 18 hole rate.

I have seen the early bird 9 hole specials on some courses which is limited and super early. I was thinking more of during the heart of the day and forgot most courses have a twilight and super-twilight special. They are good deals and could justify playing just 9 holes.

Never heard of a course that you couldn't play just 9. My local course charges $9 to walk 9.

At my home course, you can play 9 holes at any time, except Saturday and Sunday mornings. Guests can walk Monday thru Friday for $9 per 9, but only members can walk on weekends, and only after 1PM.

Local exec course is $9 to walk 9 anytime. With it being barely over 3000 yards, and a par 34 it's actually the better value over riding. At least for 9.

We have too many 9 hole courses to name in the D.C. area. Prices range from $10-30 walking and riding. There some really decent 9 hole courses that will give you a great game if you don't have time for 18. These aren't executive courses either. There are also 18 hole courses that will offer a 9 hole options too.

$13 to walk I think? I paid $3.50 for a nine hole replay after my first 18 a few weeks back.

all we have is a slight discount for matinee rate (basically very late afternoon) but thats it. It would be good idea though to offer early am 9 hole fee and allow tee times to go from the tenth tee while the first two hours of 18 holers tee of from hole # one. Use to do this where i use to live.

My home course offers up a 9 hole rate walking or riding. I take advantage of this twice a week before work. I can play multiple balls off each tee and around the course with no one in front or behind. I always head off the back 9 a few holes in front of the dew sweepers that make the turn a few holes behind me.
Most courses in Orlando will work with you in a 9 hole rate. Just have to ask.

Am I the only one that can't stand playing 9 holes? No joy, for me, in saying "at least I got to play" or "better than nothing". It feels completely inadequate. If I don't have time for 18 I wait until I do or, on the rare occasion, I go beat some balls.

Am I the only one that can't stand playing 9 holes? No joy, for me, in saying "at least I got to play" or "better than nothing". It feels completely inadequate. If I don't have time for 18 I wait until I do or, on the rare occasion, I go beat some balls.

Why can't you stand 9 holes. For some its better than 'beat'n balls' you still hit the same golf shots you would in an 18 hole and you can work on stuff. I'm
Curious, cuz I've never heard this before .

$25 walking for 9 on weekdays at my local course.

I have a membership so it's not a big deal for me but I do like to head out to just play 9 when I don't have too much time

Why can't you stand 9 holes. For some its better than 'beat'n balls' you still hit the same golf shots you would in an 18 hole and you can work on stuff. I'm
Curious, cuz I've never heard this before .

Well, as I said, it feels completely inadequate. Incomplete. I never just played 2 quarter football games, 4.5 inning baseball games, etc. Golf, to me, is 18 holes; ergo, I prefer to play only when I have time for 18. Sure, it's probably irrational to think like that but that's how it is to me.

I live in an area that has a lot of 9-hole courses very close to my town. There are a few 18 hole courses around as well, one being Crumpin-Fox which is very nice and offers 9-hole rates. The course I play most of the time is two miles from my home and is a 9-hole course. They only charge $14 for 9 to walk and $22 to ride, pretty typical prices on the 9-hole courses in my area.

Back