Ap2 with C-Tapers?

PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone play this combo?

I got a promotion today at work and it comes with a nice perk. Health and Wellness spending account! (which equals gear and golf!)

So I am thinking about a new set since they are paying...

You can see the irons I play in my signature. My iron game is probbaly my strength. Just wanting that little bit of extra forgivness.

Love the looks and feel of the AP2 (hit them out on a turf range. They had S300's in them). Would want the C-tapers to lower my flight as I hit my blades pretty high already.

Wait for the 714. I have hit that combo extensively. Very smooth and the ctapers flatten the flight out. AP2 are a tad of a higher launch iron IMO.

My suggestion is to hit them before you buy. I put C-Tapers in my I20s. I didn't see a lower ball flight. From what I've been told I needed to get them in an x-stiff. Expensive lesson. I do think they're a good shaft but I was really looking for a lower trajectory.

My suggestion is to hit them before you buy. I put C-Tapers in my I20s. I didn't see a lower ball flight. From what I've been told I needed to get them in an x-stiff. Expensive lesson. I do think they're a good shaft but I was really looking for a lower trajectory.

My driver SS is around 115mph. X-stiff would be a bit high in that shaft don't you think? I was thinking S+. I hit the S in a Muira blade. Felt pretty nice.

My driver SS is around 115mph. X-stiff would be a bit high in that shaft don't you think? I was thinking S+. I hit the S in a Muira blade. Felt pretty nice.

That's what I thought too. I'm at 115 mph with the driver and I've always played S300 and hit the ball high. I didn't think I had enough juice to do x-stiff in irons. My buddies did a fitting and they each got x-stiff. My swing speed is higher than one of them. I'm no expert, but I really wish i'd hit stiff + or x-stiff before I bought my clubs.

That's what I thought too. I'm at 115 mph with the driver and I've always played S300 and hit the ball high. I didn't think I had enough juice to do x-stiff in irons. My buddies did a fitting and they each got x-stiff. My swing speed is higher than one of them. I'm no expert, but I really wish i'd hit stiff + or x-stiff before I bought my clubs.

Curious Hosel, did you try projectx shafts? Could not hit the CFS stiff I was fitted for...so had to swap them out..

No. I made my decision to go with c-tapers based on thp reviews. I think it's a good shaft but I didn't get lower flight like I wanted. It's always windy here. No launch monitors around here so I guessed and probably guessed wrong.

No. I made my decision to go with c-tapers based on thp reviews. I think it's a good shaft but I didn't get lower flight like I wanted. It's always windy here. No launch monitors around here so I guessed and probably guessed wrong.

well, lets try and play sometime, and you can hit these...I am now a massive fan of them...the 6.0's were a little too stiff...and the 5.5 allow me to flex the shaft to get the extra distance or not as much flex and pull a few yards off...

other than that, we have almost an identical bag...

2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a set of 712 ap2 that have been played twice!! $625... Hard to pass us when they are almost $1200 here new... Just need to find some c-tapers

2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a set of 712 ap2 that have been played twice!! $625... Hard to pass us when they are almost $1200 here new... Just need to find some c-tapers

ebay...lots of take outs...and or call your local ship in calgary or something...lots of times they have take outs...

Do they have c-tapers in them already? For half off i'd buy them, roll the dice, if you want stiffer you saved enough to justify changing them out. That's probably the same mentality that got me into the position i'm in right now. HAHA

ebay...lots of take outs...and or call your local ship in calgary or something...lots of times they have take outs...

Definitely, let me know if you want to come to Devils Tower and i'll take you out for a round.

Do they have c-tapers in them already? For half off i'd buy them, roll the dice, if you want stiffer you saved enough to justify changing them out. That's probably the same mentality that got me into the position i'm in right now. HAHA

The have dg s300 in them but I will find some c-tapers for them... I just traded a set of stiff c-tapers yesterday... Figures that these irons would pop up the second I put those shafts in the mail....

Definitely, let me know if you want to come to Devils Tower and i'll take you out for a round.

ROFL, not really a "on the way" type place...but if you are in Billings or headed to Sheridan holler...might not be Monterey, but little drive is nothing...

I have to skip the tournament this year, as I will be out in Hood River, or I would gladly come down a day early and play a round with you!!

The have dg s300 in them but I will find some c-tapers for them... I just traded a set of stiff c-tapers yesterday... Figures that these irons would pop up the second I put those shafts in the mail....

Pin, have you done the Mizuno Swing DNA? is worth the time to find a fitter and do it...then hit the three shafts....

The S300's were like hitting a board to me...but have not tried the C-tapers...when I hit the Project X 5.5 it was magical, moonbeams and rainbows...swear I saw a Unicorn... :)

Pin, have you done the Mizuno Swing DNA? is worth the time to find a fitter and do it...then hit the three shafts....

The S300's were like hitting a board to me...but have not tried the C-tapers...when I hit the Project X 5.5 it was magical, moonbeams and rainbows...swear I saw a Unicorn... :)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you weren't just playing golf in the pot haze of Missoula!!!

The S300's were like hitting a board to me...but have not tried the C-tapers...when I hit the Project X 5.5 it was magical, moonbeams and rainbows...swear I saw a Unicorn... :)

No I haven't but I will.

Driver SS is 115-117 mph

6 iron is 94-96mph

i hit my buddy's new ap2 irons with the s300 and they felt alright. Just more accustomed to the Kbs butter feel

The S300's were like hitting a board to me...but have not tried the C-tapers...when I hit the Project X 5.5 it was magical, moonbeams and rainbows...swear I saw a Unicorn... :)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you weren't just playing golf in the pot haze of Missoula!!!

ROFL, true about that...need to play the ranch club over there...as well as the new course in Deer Lodge Rock Creek I think is the name...

I have the 712 AP2's with C-Taper S+ 125g shafts in them and I LOVE the feel, control and ball flight. I also have a set of C-Taper X-Flex 130g shafts in the garage that are 1/2" long that I may be willing to part with if you're interested. Just shoot me a PM and let me know!

I have the 712 AP2's with C-Taper S+ 125g shafts in them and I LOVE the feel, control and ball flight. I also have a set of C-Taper X-Flex 130g shafts in the garage that are 1/2" long that I may be willing to part with if you're interested. Just shoot me a PM and let me know!

Hmm I will think about it. When I do the online fitting on Kbs website they show me in x-stiff. Just not sure about going THAT stiff.

What is your swing like with a 6 iron? Speed? Distance?

Hmm I will think about it. When I do the online fitting on Kbs website they show me in x-stiff. Just not sure about going THAT stiff.

What is your swing like with a 6 iron? Speed? Distance?

My swing speed with a 6 Iron is around 100mph avg distance is 200 yards. Honestly, I should probably play the x-stiff for better control, but I was talked into the S+ by the fitter.

Back