What type of course did you learn on?

My first round was at a local little course, 5800 yards, par 68 that had three straight par 3's on the front nine. There was no difference between fairway and rough and each green had two holes so you could just put the flag in the other hole.

A golf course.

Jokes aside, it was an executive course that I actually still play to this day. It's a par 34 front 9, and 27 back. I started out on the back, and now when I go only usually play the front. And the only reason I play it still is because it's $1 per hole.

I grew up on a course that has LONG since been turned into a real estate haven... It was short but had some of the toughest and challenging holes i have ever seen, Had 1 par 3 that was only about 140 yards, But the tee box was about 30 feet below the green and a creek with rocks and shrubs between box and green...You could not see the green only the flag and to teed off up hill...You either hit the green or you never found your ball again.....I Loved it.

A hilly PA course that we would sled on in winter. Wasn't a flat lie in the place. Dad hated it, but I loved it because it was never dull and I learned to make a lot of crazy shots.

Sounds like my old course, although that description could fit 75% of PA courses lol. What course?

sent without the boss's knowledge...

A 9 hole parkland municiple. Wasn't very long, but you had to be straight.

It was a 7,000+ beautiful country club. Not super challenging, but this was where the bigshots went to play, and be seen.

Just a little goat ranch in north west indiana... Closed now.. 9 holes.. Some great great great times, will never take back those summers playing in grade school for a second.

An 18 hole par 3 course

Local county 9 hole course that was mostly par 3's with a couple of 4's thrown in, none of the holes very long....no real distinct fairways, lots of geese droppings, funny but when I first started playing there I had no idea what a "real" golf course was.....

I learned on a golf course that had (3) different nines. One nine contained more water holes (promoting course management) however at my young age resulted in several lost balls. The other two nines consisted of a more open format and the other more tree lined fairways.

If I was to rate this track I would probably give it 3 out of 5 stars. Some of you Michiganders may have actually played here.
http://www.riverviewhighlands.com

Back