2013 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

Being in the Morgan Cup is a darn good reason to work on your game, especially with all of the cameras that are on you. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the staffers' handicaps dropped in preparation.

Hoping if I get in that happens to me will definitely be working on the game

what happens with the handicap for guys who drop 2 or 3 strokes plus between now and the event. it will look like they were "cheating"

It's not like that at all. I can understand why you would think that since you just signed up for THP recently.

While The Morgan Cup is a team based match play event, it's not about winning and losing. It's not about your handicap vs mine. It's not about the competition. It's about THP and 4 major golf OEM's, giving us amateur golfers the chance to feel like a tour pro. They roll out the red carpet for you, they equip you with top of the line gear, great apparel, and a chance to feel like those guys you see on TV. On the course, everyone is very supportive, there is no cheering for others to duff or shank. While I know people look at it as the competition that it is, the more you embrace it, the more you realize that the competition aspect of it is so far down on the list that it's not even funny.

Hoping if I get in that happens to me will definitely be working on the game

Ddec has said many times to me nothing gets him motivated to work on his game like the Morgan Cup.

what happens with the handicap for guys who drop 2 or 3 strokes plus between now and the event. it will look like they were "cheating"

The matches arent handicapped so it doesn't really come into play. As some others have said, several of us had drastic drops in our index last year leading into the Morgan Cup. I was a 17-18 when I entered and got in and by the time of the event I was a 12....there were several that happened to.

Ddec has said many times to me nothing gets him motivated to work on his game like the Morgan Cup.

That's good cause if I get in, going to make some serious golf changes

for me it's just about practicing or playing with a purpose.

agreed....there was nothing worse than post Morgan Cup golf....just didn't feel right

I think I qualify, I'm going to enter!

you better dude or you will find yourself in a spot of bother

I have a couple of vids, complete, ready to go Dean. One person even said they were good.

I have a couple of vids, complete, ready to go Dean. One person even said they were good.

I wouldn't listen to him. He didn't have to make any videos hehe

The matches arent handicapped so it doesn't really come into play. As some others have said, several of us had drastic drops in our index last year leading into the Morgan Cup. I was a 17-18 when I entered and got in and by the time of the event I was a 12....there were several that happened to.

I was one of those this happened to. When I found out I was picked, I started working on my game big time. I didn't want to look like a fool that couldn't play. Since I started practicing I saw a big improvement which made me want to practice more.

yup I'm still in that post MC funk too.

yeah, me too....but it's gotten better the past few weeks after finding out I was in for next year...it will really kick in when we know all the players and teams and sponsors!!

It's not like that at all. I can understand why you would think that since you just signed up for THP recently.

While The Morgan Cup is a team based match play event, it's not about winning and losing. It's not about your handicap vs mine. It's not about the competition. It's about THP and 4 major golf OEM's, giving us amateur golfers the chance to feel like a tour pro. They roll out the red carpet for you, they equip you with top of the line gear, great apparel, and a chance to feel like those guys you see on TV. On the course, everyone is very supportive, there is no cheering for others to duff or shank. While I know people look at it as the competition that it is, the more you embrace it, the more you realize that the competition aspect of it is so far down on the list that it's not even funny.
ya thats y i wanna go so bad. my final score would not matter but i wanna play well and represent my hard work and everyone involved
monday im gonna get my application done

I can't wait to start seeing the videos and who gets selected. I don't quite make the 18 handicap limit right now so hoping that with another ear or work that I will be ready to apply for the 2014 version.

That's why I'm headed to the invitational instead. Good luck to everyone that's entering!

If you can fit the MC into your schedule, I suggest you subit your videos. If you can meet the criteria, I suggest you enter your videos. Work hard and you hdcp will take care of itself. You are within the 18 hdcp cut off.

If you don't feel you can play, then sign up to be a volunteer. They are just as big of a part of the MC as the players or the forum.

I can't wait to start seeing the videos and who gets selected. I don't quite make the 18 handicap limit right now so hoping that with another ear or work that I will be ready to apply for the 2014 version.

That's why I'm headed to the invitational instead. Good luck to everyone that's entering!

just a thought but whats the play like... is it walk or ride and if its walk do we need our own caddy ... so on so forth

Carts for sure. And spectators were allowed to follow the staffers but only behind them at a distance

Just re-read all the requirements, love the changes this year.

I know we are 9 months away but it seems like tomorrow. I'm with you Dan, I just re-read the changes and they are solid.

Just re-read all the requirements, love the changes this year.

Agree, these will help continue to improve the event

Back