These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things - 2012 Golf Products You Discovered And Loved

I have never even held a SeeMore putter. I'm really starting to think I am missing out on something, I will rectify this on my next trip to the golf store.

You need to try one. And you need to see a SeeMore fitter. The SPi method seriously works. No BS. It forces you to become a better putter.

I knew it wouldn't take long for SeeMore to get mentioned. I knew nothing of SeeMore before joining THP. And in all honesty, I don't have much hands on experience with one other than rolling one in St. Louis and Ohio. But they are raved about and see what they do here at THP, so the praise is definitely warranted it appears.
I had only known of SeeMore as Zach Johnson's putter he won the masters with, that's it, know I know way more and couldn't tell enough people how much SeeMore putters and the RST technology can help their putting game, not only does it win in 2012 but my lifetime THP award as well.

Totally forgot the Lamkin REL 3GEN grips. Affordable, durable, looks sweet, color options out the wazzoo and a very nice in between grip, not too firm, not too soft, plenty of tack. Love them. The 3GEN Performance Plus wedge is a bad arse grip too. An inch longer, with the placement dots. A really cool grip.

The only thing new I got this year was Callaway.
  • Apparel (Shoes, shorts, shirts, caps). Love the comfort, love the fit. Still try to wear something Callaway every round.
  • Driver. The Razr Fit. Just love hitting it.
  • Putter. OK, so that is an Odyssey. The Metal X #7. I used a SeeMore FGP since about 2000, and this shoved it out of the bag.
That's a few.

From the past, I am still using the Greensaver divot tool. Best divot toolI have ever used. Nothing else is close.
Bushnell Rangefinder. My Yardage Pro 1000 is still going strong after a decade. Keep waiting for it to break so I can get a new, smaller one.

Good list dude. I hear you on the Callaway gear. Also I should add the Bushnell Neo+ watch. Really changed my short game. Seriously great simple tool

There are a couple new products that I discovered that have really improved my game.

1) Miyazaki B. Asha 4S Shaft- Biggest game changer I've discovered. I had always played "made for" shafts and never realized how much a tour quality, properly fit shaft could help improve my driving. The B. Asha gets the gold medal for 2012 and it wasn't even close.

2) Bushnell 1600 Slope Edition- Knowing my distances has really helped improve my game. I had never used a rangefinder until this year and it really helped lower my scores. Bushnell get the silver for 2012.

3a) Scor Wedges- These wedges have really helped my short game. They have great spin and not having to worry about bounce makes any shot so much easier.

3b) Callaway Hex Black golf ball- This ball is the closest thing I've ever found to the perfect golf ball. Great spin, distance and easy to control. Really like the feel and it's a durable ball for me.

3c) TaylorMade R11S Driver- This was my 3rd driver in 3 years and I think I finally found one I'm sticking with. I just feel so confident with the R11S. The most accurate, longest, most forgiving driver head I've ever hit. The Hex Black, Scor wedges and R11S tie for the bronze in 2012.

I think Cobra is going to change my 2013 with the AMP Cell hybrids. Who gets jacked up about a hybrid? This guy does! With all the adjustability options and customization. I am stoked to bag that thing. 3H FTW!

You NEED to hit thes new Adams when they come out. Ugly or not. Trust me.

Really liked the SCOR wedges when I hit them in St. Louis. And I am well documented in hating wedges. Another brand I hadn't heard of before coming here.
So damn good. With as much varying terrains I see form hardpan to thick rough not having to concern myself with bounce is blissfull.
Good list bro. I might need to OEM a set of I20's. Not sure how much longer I can hold out.
So good. I could easily game them for a very, very, very long time.
Totally forgot the Lamkin REL 3GEN grips. Affordable, durable, looks sweet, color options out the wazzoo and a very nice in between grip, not too firm, not too soft, plenty of tack. Love them. The 3GEN Performance Plus wedge is a bad arse grip too. An inch longer, with the placement dots. A really cool grip.
How did I forget those? They're on a TON of my clubs!

Jman's first 2 are also mine.
I had just bagged a SCOR wedge before the Outing in May and pulled off a few great shots with it right away at Grand Cypress. I now have two and am pondering two more.

I JUST got my SuperStroke put on maybe 6 rounds ago. I played with Hitman's at Hickory Stick in Indiana while on vacation and just loved it. Finally got my own put on and I really think it helps a TON.

I'm also going to throw in another kudo to NUUN. I wasn't sold at first, but after trying different flavors and water-to-tablet ratios, I'm definitely sold.

And finally, having just gotten this thing late in the season, my AMP driver that I got off of Freddie. I have been trying to replace my old F Speed Cobra for a couple years. Once I emptied a bucket on the range by just bombing one after another down the heart of the range, I was done with that old thing. By FAR, the AMP was my best purchase of the entire year...maybe two years.

You NEED to hit thes new Adams when they come out. Ugly or not. Trust me.

So damn good. With as much varying terrains I see form hardpan to thick rough not having to concern myself with bounce is blissfull.

How did I forget those? They're on a TON of my clubs!

I have always liked the Adams hybrids, obviously. I will check it out before I pull the trigger on anything. The SCOR wedges are so damn intriguing, I just shudder thinking of the cost and not being able to play with them much before purchasing. And other than my driver (which actually has a 3GEN 360), the 3GEN's are (or will be) on all of my clubs.

I really only have two that I can think of.

1) Miyazaki B. Asha driver shaft- If you've read any of my testing posts you know why

2) Nike Golf apparel- from their shirts to pants to shoes, they have got to be the best apparel company out there. Everything of theirs I've tried is quality and great-looking too. If you haven't tried it, I strongly suggest you do.

I really only have two that I can think of.

1) Miyazaki B. Asha driver shaft- If you've read any of my testing posts you know why

2) Nike Golf apparel- from their shirts to pants to shoes, they have got to be the best apparel company out there. Everything of theirs I've tried is quality and great-looking too. If you haven't tried it, I strongly suggest you do.

I'll agree with you here. I'm a Nike apparel ho and they really stepped up the offering this year with some bold colors and designs.

well i have two favorite things for 2012 one was finding THP cuz this place is too legit to quit :clapp: 2nd is finding out about seemore from yall here and giving them a try best putter ive ever tried handsdown :)

Great thread Jeff. I have read a bunch of your posts and we seem to have a lot in common.

First being Alial Fital. I found them very early on in 2012 and have tried filling my closet ever since. They are the kind of company I WANT to spend my money with. They care about their customers, they interact on a personal level (with a hand written note with every order) Their customer service is second to none. Other companies should take lessons because the customer is actually always right with AF. I can not rave about them enough. Top find for me in 2012.

Adidas CrossFlex golf shoes. I actually was given a pair of these about a month ago, while I wasn't a huge fan of the sneaker/no-spike look, I got them as a gift so figured I would give them a try rather than try to return them. I sure am glad I did, they are so comfortable. I come in after 18 and taking off my shoes is no longer the first thing I want to do. I was worried about lack of grip and problems with slipping but I have yet to see (or feel) that as of yet. Another great find in 2012.

Fuzzy's Vodka. This is Fuzzy Zoeller's vodka company. They make a premium vodka and it is great. They are awesome on social media, always letting you know where Fuzzy will be to sign bottles (He does a lot of these btw). I had the chance to meet him this year and he is exactly how you would expect him to be. Super friendly guy. BTW if you want to help a THP'er out tweet at them today and tomorrow (12/31) that your favorite recipe on their site is "Fuzzy's Green Jacket" its my recipe entry for a contest to win tix to The Masters (Sorry for the personal plug, its not my style at all, but for tix to the Masters I had to do it right?)

Finally, I found THP this year! I am so extremely glad I did. I have not only got a ton of insight and info through this so far...But I was able to play in the Florida get together yesterday and it was awesome. I got to meet 15 fellow THP'ers who I can call friends. I was able to hit some yet to be released clubs and balls including the Razr Xtreme Fit with the B. ASHA shaft. And what a shaft that is...wow! It really is a community here and it is great to talk to people that share your same interest. I can honestly say I will share this great experience with other fellow golfers and hope to add some worthy new community members in 2013.

Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store! Happy new year to everyone.

1) THP - hands down unanimous #1. Everyone here knows why...

2) V1 Swing Analyzer - I know this product has been around, but seeing my swing on video has really helped my golf game. I now stand over the ball thinking "golf shot" instead of "golf swing".

3) SeeMore Putters - Great putting method and great putters.

4) Callaway Golf - Great products, best customer service on the planet. From the uPro MX+ to Razr Fit, they kept taking a larger chunk of space in my bag.

Honorable Mention: Aimpoint Technologies
Had a lesson from the Ohio state women's golf coach and am really excited about the system. I didnt get enough time with it this season, so I cant move it up the list.

With all sincerity my list starts with THP. I stumbled upon this place by accident while trying to do some G20 research and haven't looked back. Thanks to the folks here the year has also brought a host of great companies and products I NEVER would have considered, much less gamed - SeeMore, Cobra AMP, RocketBladez, HEX Black balls, etc. On top of that i have met some great people, both in person and 'just' over the web. All great stuff!

Great thread Jeff. I have read a bunch of your posts and we seem to have a lot in common.

First being Alial Fital. I found them very early on in 2012 and have tried filling my closet ever since. They are the kind of company I WANT to spend my money with. They care about their customers, they interact on a personal level (with a hand written note with every order) Their customer service is second to none. Other companies should take lessons because the customer is actually always right with AF. I can not rave about them enough. Top find for me in 2012.

Right on, dude. Thanks! I couldn't rave about Alial Fital anymore after my purchase a few weeks ago. People are going to start to think I am part owner of the company or something. But everything you said, yes X 100.

Cool thread idea. Just started playing again this year, so I could make a long list (but won't).

1. THP, by far.
2. Ping i20 irons, so forgiving and they look good to me at address. I have had so many shots turns much better than expected.
3. Odyssee Rossi putter, this putter just works for me.

I'll agree with you here. I'm a Nike apparel ho and they really stepped up the offering this year with some bold colors and designs.

Definitely. By far the best I've tried and it's not even close. And I've got a fair number of different OEMs in my closet.

Definitely. By far the best I've tried and it's not even close. And I've got a fair number of different OEMs in my closet.

I love their shorts and pants. And the Storm Fit suit that Kelly got me for Christmas is the cats meow. I may switch back to Nike shoes this year too.

I love their shorts and pants. And the Storm Fit suit that Kelly got me for Christmas is the cats meow. I may switch back to Nike shoes this year too.

I'm definitely going back to Nike shoes sometime soon and want to get some more of their clothes. I just have a few shirts right now and a pair of pants.

Bridgestone B330 golf balls. They are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I have that damn song in my head!

My picks would be the Callaway Razr Fit....the best driver I have ever gamed! The Hex Black Tour ball....still my favorite ball right now...it just fits my game!

Back