Houston, TX - Reasonably priced courses good for learning

Aswish

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello THPers!

I am a 23 year old golfer in Houston, Texas. I have been playing off and on since I was very young, but have never been able to play consistently since before high school. Now that I am earning more money, I am finally ever to make the commitment to improving.

What I am looking for are some course in the Houston area (I live in the Heights) which are reasonably priced (less that $60) and good for improving my skills. My friends, who in the same phase in their golf lives, and I have played Wildcat - Lakes (thanks to Living Social), Pine Crest, Herron Lakes (temp greens), Houston National, Sharpstown, Herman Park and River Terrace.

Any thoughts? Looking forward to your advice!

On a side note, I broke a TM Burner 2.0 4 iron at National yesterday on the 18th. Just struck the ball and *PING*! Had to dig the head out of the mud of a ravine I was crossing. It has been a frustrating week. Luckily Golfsmith is shipping it back to the awesome folks at TM for me to be repaired/replaced. Cheers to great customer service!

Check out Quail Valley in Missouri City...they have 2 decent courses

Greatwood in Sugarland is pretty nice too.....if you are willing to drive a little....Clear Creek just off the Beltway is a nice course with a good price, Battleground in Deer Park

I agree with Battleground. Great course at a great price. You can usually find awesome deals online.

If you can walk, I also recommend any of the main muni courses (memorial, hermann, gus wortham). They are all reasonably priced, but they are kinda hard to get on to since they are so busy.

If you ever want to get out and play, give us a shout in the THP Houston thread. We had a couple of people get together last weekend for an enjoyable round.

I would recommend the Cypress course out at Cypresswood in Spring...Not too bad of a drive from the heights and the green fees are reasonable...Track is laid out in front of you and great for testing different shots and the greens are pretty good.....good luck....

Back