srixon z star yellow

onehopandstop

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the z star yellow is more durable
than the regular z star. I've been cracking the regular z star with wedges
so I decided to try the z star yellow. It has held up perfect through multiple rounds
now. Has anyone else seen this too?

There's no difference in the cover.

I've noticed the Z-star is one if the least durable balls in the market.

I've noticed the Z-star is one if the least durable balls in the market.

Wow? I'm polar opposite, its right there with the RX to me.

Me too. I have had no issues with them at all.

These have always held up nice for me as well. More durable than some other premium cost golf balls out there.

Granted, I haven't played the 2012 Z-Star. Maybe the new release is better than what I've played

I do have some nice Pro-V1s that lasted for one wedge shot.

Hey I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the z star yellow is more durable
than the regular z star. I've been cracking the regular z star with wedges
so I decided to try the z star yellow. It has held up perfect through multiple rounds
now. Has anyone else seen this too?

Cracking them?

I only play the yellow z-star now, due to durability. I shred every other urethane cover from other manufacturers.

I have talked to Srixon reps and they claim the dying process does something or other and I'm not crazy. However, I also notice it's a lot more difficult to see the damage on yellow balls. So I wonder if it's just hidden.

I've never noticed any difference, they use the same urethane cover

i find the z-stars to be durable period as well. pro v1s don'e hold up well for me... still not as bad as the hex black though, those things scuff when i put them on a tee i swear

Agree that it's a durable ball for me. The yellow seems to hide minor scuffing, which makes it appear even more durable than it already is.

Love me my z stars.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Me too. I have had no issues with them at all.

X 3, when i actaully get to play a whole round or two with one ball, they have always held up very well.

I've just started playing with the Z Stars and I've been thoroughly impressed. I played 2.5 rounds with with the first one I pulled out of the sleeve and didn't have any problems until I lost it in the edge of the woods. First round with it was one of my best ever.

I've just started playing with the Z Stars and I've been thoroughly impressed. I played 2.5 rounds with with the first one I pulled out of the sleeve and didn't have any problems until I lost it in the edge of the woods. First round with it was one of my best ever.

Its a great all around ball, feel, spin, distance, and fits a littl wider range of swing speeds it seems.

I haven't hit a Z-star in my life. I'm curious. I've always been a ProV1x fan and can't see myself finding a better ball than that. I have a SS of 115 and I can tear a ball up if it isn't durable. I think the Hex would scuff if you put it through a ball cleaner and Bridgestone feel like rocks to me.

Z-Star SL has been really working well for me.

I have noticed no durability issues. The Bridgestone RX-330 is in the same category for me.

It may have been that I used last year's z star and this year z star yellow

Yeah I have noticed that. They both have great durability but that yellow sucker just seems to keep on trucking. I can't play em cause I can't find em when I hit into the desert, which happens too much!

Z-Star SL has been really working well for me.

I have noticed no durability issues. The Bridgestone RX-330 is in the same category for me.

Love the SL as well. I can play the regular Z-STAR just fine but the lower compression works for me.

Yeah I have noticed that. They both have great durability but that yellow sucker just seems to keep on trucking. I can't play em cause I can't find em when I hit into the desert, which happens too much!

Haha I didn't think about desert sand.

Same cover guys, only difference is with the yellow you can not see the scrapes, cracks etc as easy as you can with the white.

Back